PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA :(
Carrier: Sprint

afripino is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[IDEA] / [APP REQUEST] Zoom2Unlock (Z2U)

From the name, you should get the gist of what I'm thinking about. I think it would be pretty cool to use the Zoom Bar as a S2U-like mechanism to unlock the phone from a lock screen. We would essentially gain the screen real estate of the existing slide bar area for S2U.

Anybody else think this would be decent?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff
Re: [IDEA] / [APP REQUEST] Zoom2Unlock (Z2U)

Quote:
Originally Posted by afripino View Post
From the name, you should get the gist of what I'm thinking about. I think it would be pretty cool to use the Zoom Bar as a S2U-like mechanism to unlock the phone from a lock screen. We would essentially gain the screen real estate of the existing slide bar area for S2U.

Anybody else think this would be decent?
This sounds like an excellent idea! Wish I knew how to make it happen, tho. But yes!

You could also slide from right to left on the home screen and lock the device, while sliding from left to right will unlock it. (Just a thought)

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Ranger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Great Idea!
Old 10-16-2009, 06:37 AM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

Doesn't sound too difficult of a challenge, someone just needs to open up Opera and see how the zoombar ticks, then apply it into a simple unlocking application.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Jmz

I can try to do something for it. I just need to know if anybody knows where the api is for it, if that is what i need. But the general idea isn't that hard.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

I like the idea.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

bump to this...

I LIKE IT

Old 10-17-2009, 01:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

There was a similar app for the Touch Pro called TouchLockPro. It utilized the Capacitive touch area. Problem was that it was a massive battery hog, and didn't work all that well.

Nice thing about utilizing the Zoom strip is that it's capacitive, so it won't be activated accidentally in a case or pocket.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

savage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
There was a similar app for the Touch Pro called TouchLockPro. It utilized the Capacitive touch area. Problem was that it was a massive battery hog, and didn't work all that well.

Nice thing about utilizing the Zoom strip is that it's capacitive, so it won't be activated accidentally in a case or pocket.
the zoom strip is actually part of the screen and is not capacitive. try to zoom with the stylus and seen and even go into notepad and try to draw with it. and even try to zoom in opera while touching the screen.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ah, nevermind then. Zoom to Unlock would be pointless. Would be more difficult that Slide to Unlock.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software