PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2010, 07:08 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Skyfire {Official END of 1.5}

@ALL,
I have been with Skyfire since their inception, back in the middle of 2008.
Long time Alpha/Beta tester.

I have been having some discussions with those at Skyfire regarding the recent abandonment of WinMo.

I was asked to stop posting in their WinMo forums about "non Skyfire related subjects" or I would be banned.

Well a forum that is based on a product that no longer works, is gonna fill fast with questions about that, not the software itself.
See what I am getting at?

That is all that you will see in their forums right now.
Since they ditched us for iPhone, what do they expect?
If they don't wanna hear questions and complaints about it, maybe they should just close the damn forums.
What the hell else is there to talk about there?

Anyhow, I finally talked with one of the Media PR guys for them and he has confirmed that they will be making an announcment regarding all of this on Monday.
So I then returned to the forums to inform others of this word.

Well, no sooner then I hit submit, BOOM, banned!!!!

So I am here now to say, please go there and let them know your with their recent actions toward their long time WinMo users.

My biggest gripe was that if they could start selling it to iDrone and Kneepad users, why we were we not given the option to purchase it as well, if we wanted to continue using it?

Ok, I could go on, but won't.
So, if you feel my frustration and care to let them know, please go to their forum and do so.

I can live without it for sure, it's more about principles at this point. (uzard web)
Ok, end of rant!!!!!!

***EDIT***
Just so you know, I am not overly bent about this, in fact I find it somewhat comical, although infuriating at the same time.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by santod; 11-16-2010 at 04:20 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:51 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme
Re: Complain to Skyfire!!!!

Piss on them they arent worth my time or breath anymore!!!!!!!!

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Alot of companies aren't supporting winmo anymore. Are you going to ban all those companies too? It doesn't make sense. Winmo is on its a way out. Either change to android or get the new wp7. I don't think not using skyfire is going to hurt them. Skyfire just doesn't want to support an os that even microsoft isn't supporting anymore. I don't blame them. I was on winmo for years and now I'm on android. I can't wait to try wp7 when it comes to sprint. But for now I love using skyfire on android.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
Get 1 Free!
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 11-13-2010, 08:15 PM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
Alot of companies aren't supporting winmo anymore. Are you going to ban all those companies too? It doesn't make sense. Winmo is on its a way out. Either change to android or get the new wp7. I don't think not using skyfire is going to hurt them. Skyfire just doesn't want to support an os that even microsoft isn't supporting anymore. I don't blame them. I was on winmo for years and now I'm on android. I can't wait to try wp7 when it comes to sprint. But for now I love using skyfire on android.

Get 1 Free!
Stealth Guards
Uhmm, I don't think you get it.
They did not say they aren't supporting WinMo anymore.
You can still download from their website the WinMo version and in the forums, the only words they were giving, is that we may see some temporary interruptions in service due to their rollout to iPhones.
When the truth is they stopped all Symbian and WinMo users from access to their servers. No option to buy to continue use, nothing.

They are not saying that they are or aren't supporting WinMo anymore.
There in lies the major problem.
Why continue allowing it to be downloaded or even have a forum, if the product is no more.

I am aware that WP7 will have flash and that I can use Uzard Web instead, which is actually now better then Skyfire anyway.
The moral of the story is why shit on those who brought you to where you are now, without yelling "look out below" first?

Mehh, nevermind.
Are you in control of your device, or does your device control you?

Anywho, enjoy your Droid.
Oh and I love the ad attached to your post.

Last edited by santod; 11-13-2010 at 08:19 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:22 PM
I MADE IT!!!

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post

Get 1 Free!
Stealth Guards
The point you are missing here is that WE, WINMO users alpha and beta tested this freaking thing and made it what it is today. Then they just say O WELL sorry guys but we no longer support your os. They didnt even say they were doing it they just did it ang that my friend is just absolute BULLSH*T if you ask me!!

Boy the android threads must be dead for you to be over here!!!! Back to the bandwagon you go!!!!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:19 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I made a handy mortscript in another thread for this topic called tryfire.mscr it will pester the servers until it works.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:31 PM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
I made a handy mortscript in another thread for this topic called tryfire.mscr it will pester the servers until it works.
Nice one.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:40 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

I posted the uzard cab at the skyfire site and got kicked lol. fork skyfire, and I was an alpha/beta tester.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:47 PM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

I posted the uzard cab at the skyfire site and got kicked lol. fork skyfire, and I was an alpha/beta tester.
LOL, yeah my Uzard thread got moved to OFF-Topic, but it's still there.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:14 PM
I MADE IT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
Well hell there may still be hope!!!!! Great Job! But i still say PISS ON THEM!!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software