PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2010, 10:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OverClock for TP2 ~ 8/6/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post

I think most of us are in both places lol. Thanks for the support!
I cant get over how different my phone is compared to when I got it...from 528mhz on wm6.1 to 768mhz on wm6.5 w/ CHT - it is a different phone i tell you! aside from my shattered screen which will probably force me into a Incredible or something...
Bummer about the shattered screen dude, Idk.. i'm holding out for Windows Phone 7. Again thx for the hard work, luckly we can hit the thanks button over here. Everything is working flawlessly.!
Old 08-07-2010, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mrwilly is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post
OK, I created a cab so it is easier to install for everyone. Check it out here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=281
when i try to install the OC_Auto42.cab to the Storage Card, it won't let me. It will only let me install to the device. anyone got any ideas why?
Old 08-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwilly View Post
when i try to install the OC_Auto42.cab to the Storage Card, it won't let me. It will only let me install to the device. anyone got any ideas why?
No sorry, no ideas why that is happening.

I can tell you however, if you install it to your device it will be fine...
JUST MAKE SURE TO ENABLE SAFE MODE, SET TO A LOW SPEED (STOCK), AND SET THE SAFE MODE DURATION TO A LONG VALUE (ie 120000+).

That way if you OC too high, you will still be able to boot into windows and modify the OC speed via the GUI before the OC kicks in.

Although - it would be better to install it on your Storage Card
Old 08-07-2010, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

kroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuff
Re: OverClock for TP2 ~ 8/7/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXuRo View Post
another noob question from the guy who has never overclocked anything.. if i do this will it eat up my battery life like crazy? its already not great..
i seem to find myself in the strange category of people who find their battery life a little better. running at 729, my battery is lasting almost all day with pretty heavy use whereas before it would die before midafternoon.
not sure how or even if this is really possible, but, just like the increase in speed, it is a noticeable difference.
HTC Touch Pro
Current: HTC Touch Pro 2 - Stock 6.5/2.5
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

eXuRo is keeping up the good workeXuRo is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to eXuRo

thanks for the input guys.. i am going to give this a shot right meow
Old 08-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwilly View Post
Are you plugged into your computer via USB and have the phone set as 'disk drive'? I think whenever you are it doesn't let you access the SD through the device
Old 08-07-2010, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700 / 6900 / TP2

badb4c is keeping up the good workbadb4c is keeping up the good work

Everything seems to be cool. Thanks for the cabs! This makes the phone so much better!

748 is running great. Will keep pushing it until it freezes though!
Old 08-07-2010, 07:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Great work guys splitting out a specific TP2 thread for the OC app and the scripts. Following the thread over at XDA was starting to turn in to a challenge of which methods to use, etc.

After following the XDA thread for a while now, I finally had a chance to try out the nice OC_auto 4.x scripts. Contributors made it very easy to setup and make things happen very quickly.

Been OCing my TP2 at 729 for the past few days with no SOD. Anything above that has not been stable so far. Currently using the 4.2 scripts for the SAFESPEED option when I want to boot to Froyo.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: VERIZON

MrBeOTP2 is keeping up the good workMrBeOTP2 is keeping up the good work

" Error Calculatong the cpu frequency. Exiting "<<<< what should i do ?
Old 08-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeOTP2 View Post
" Error Calculatong the cpu frequency. Exiting "<<<< what should i do ?
You can't leave Netrippers Application open...exit Msm7kCpuSpeed.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software