PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New SMS update from HTC Maybe Hope?

Looks like there are Cab's up over there now,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=718645&page=3

Edit:
So I installed the Cab and so far so good, it looks like HTC Messenger 1.8, I tried sending a MMS and it failed . Still playing around with it. looks like it does not have the secure box though.

I can send Text's just fine, and the MMS resizes the file but it does not send.

Last edited by Wesley762; 07-07-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Threadstarter

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Anyone got the Sprint MMS settings?
Old 07-07-2010, 07:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

mind sharing some screen shots of what it looks like?

Old 07-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
mind sharing some screen shots of what it looks like?
If I can get MMS working I will, but without MMS I think its worthless.

Edit:
So I uninstalled it and looked at my MMS settings and there the same except for connection, the option before installing it is Internet, after installing it I do not have that option. I think that is causing the issue. Still working on it.

Last edited by Wesley762; 07-07-2010 at 09:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hey guys, i got mms working on sprint! Here is what i did:
1) Make sure you either backup your messages or delete them all before installing cab.
2) Disable Sense
3) Make sure messaging app is not running
4) Install attached cab
5) Soft Reset

The Messaging Client should work great after this except no MMS... The following steps will get your MMS functioning properly:

1) Start the messaging app and go to
"Menu">>"settings">>>"options">>>"menu">>>"MMs Server">>click "New"
2) Enter the following settings depending on carrier:
Sprint
IP:blank
PORT:80
Server add: "http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms?X-SPRINT-MDN=xxxxxxxxxx" replace xxxx with yours
connect via:sprint
Limit: set it to what you want edit the registry for higher
WAP V:None
click done and reset

Verizon
Server Name: tmms
gateway: 216.155.165.50
port number: 8080
server address: h t t p://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms <w/o the spaces
connect via: choose the one currently being edited
sending size limit: 300k
wap version: 2.0

I hope this helps you guys, ive been struggling with htc messaging for about a week now so im thrilled to finally find one that fully functions

btw, im im stock sprint 6.5 with Sense 2.5
Attached Files
File Type: cab _HTC Touch Pro2_RHO_S2_00896.cab (3.81 MB, 119 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by puff601; 07-08-2010 at 12:28 AM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

dunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
1) Make sure you either backup your messages or delete them all before installing cab.
2) Disable Sense
4) Install attached cab
5) Soft Reset

The Messaging Client should work great after this except no MMS... The following steps will get your MMS functioning properly:

Sprint
Server add: "http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms?X-SPRINT-MDN=xxxxxxxxxx" replace xxxx with yours
click done and reset

Verizon

I hope this helps you guys, ive been struggling with htc messaging for about a week now so im thrilled to finally find one that fully functions

well i tried your settings for sprint and it says the mms was sent successfully, but i haven't received any of the messages that i sent (to 3 different phones including my own)
Old 07-08-2010, 01:22 AM
Almost a VIP

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
[APP] HTC Messaging Client 1.5 2016.2424 with working MMS!

Hey guys, this is the new HTC Messaging Client 1.5 2016.2424 with working MMS for Touch Pro 2! with working mms and the cab was made by Mr. X! Here is what i did:

2) Disable Sense
4) Install attached cab
5) Soft Reset

"Menu">>"settings">>>"options">>>"menu">>>"MMS Server">>click "New"

Sprint
click done and reset

Verizon

I hope this helps you guys, ive been struggling with htc messaging for a while now so im thrilled to finally find one that fully functions

btw, im on stock sprint 6.5 with Sense 2.5
Attached Files
File Type: cab _HTC Touch Pro2_RHO_S2_00896.cab (3.81 MB, 26 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-08-2010, 01:26 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunebuggydude11 View Post
well i tried your settings for sprint and it says the mms was sent successfully, but i haven't received any of the messages that i sent (to 3 different phones including my own)
mine sends and recieves fine... what rom are you on?
Old 07-08-2010, 01:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Exit24 is keeping up the good workExit24 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
2) Disable Sense
4) Install attached cab
5) Soft Reset

Sprint
click done and reset

Verizon

I can receive MMS with these settings, but I can't send. It says the MMS was sent, but it never actually gets there.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:43 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

WTFMARIO is a n00b

Im on Verizon and unable to send or recieve MMS. Im on the lastest energy rom btw

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software