PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New SMS update from HTC Mostly working!!!!

Saw this over at XDA and thought I would share over here and maybe some of you great Dev. could do something with it? thought it would be worth a try.

http://www.htc.com/europe/SupportVie...90&news_id=697

Edit, I have tried it, its running with the link to the below cab, I have also gotten MMS for sprint partial working for me thanks to puff601 for posting his settings.

Looks like it's a Updated HTC Messenger 1.5

XDA is working on Cabing it up so everyone should be able to use it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=718645

Update:

MMS setting's that should work for Sprint (not 100% but better than nothing) Provided by puff601

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=25

Updated with Photos for those that have requested them,

Last edited by Wesley762; 07-08-2010 at 02:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27
Re: New SMS update from HTC Maybe Hope?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
Saw this over at XDA and thought I would share over here and maybe some of you great Dev. could do something with it? thought it would be worth a try.

http://www.htc.com/europe/SupportVie...90&news_id=697
cool thanks,have you tried it yet?

Old 07-05-2010, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

I'm not from Europe so I'm not tryin it, Wesley should try it since he found it lol...

Old 07-05-2010, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

shotcalla is becoming a great contributor
Angry Re: New SMS update from HTC Maybe Hope?

Doesn't work over here...says its not compatible with my device
Old 07-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Threadstarter

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitup27 View Post
cool thanks,have you tried it yet?
I have not yet, My version is newer than what they posted so it will not work. I was thinking maybe one of the Dev. could tear it apart and make something better out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
I'm not from Europe so I'm not tryin it, Wesley should try it since he found it lol...
I can't it won't run because I have newer Version.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

I was just bustin balls anyways haha..
Old 07-05-2010, 09:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dam90042 is becoming a great contributor

I know, give it to Mikey!
Mikey will try anything!
Mikey likes it!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

What does the update actually do?

It just says improves stability. I never had any problems with it.

Are there any visual changes?

Old 07-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
What does the update actually do?

It just says improves stability. I never had any problems with it.

Are there any visual changes?
Honestly I don't know I can not install it, I posted it in the Hopes that a Dev. could break it down and see if there is anything useful in it.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Great find Wesley, I hope that something good comes out of it.. I too could not install this. I'm running ENGY's rom and have had no issues with Texting.

Why wouldn't you post this on the PT2 threads?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software