PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 03:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW HTC Touch Pro 2 XV6875
Carrier: Big Red

brent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Coming Soon - Sense 2.5 Icon Pack - BETA available

I have been gone from the seen for a while after the Sense2.5 screenshot leak that eventually cost me my job at Big Red.

No worries though. I am back now with a TP2 in hand and VZW's MR2 installed.

I have been hard at work on all sorts of Manila icon replacements for Sense 2.5 and should be updating my website (tp2.bfgreenberg.com) soon with all the goodies.

Until I release the CABs, just sit tight and I will let everybody know when they can go grab the fruits of my late night graphics editing!

UPDATE

I have reworked many of the icons.
I have a CAB available for some testing as there are just too many icons for me to find every error (over 350 icon replacements so far)

Some things to know if you decide to test:
  • I have seen the "black screen of death" after the 1st reboot after installing. If you get this, just DO NOT hit the VOL UP button. Any other button will allow the phone to boot normally.
  • The file is HUGE. Over 1 MB so it takes a while to install.
  • I have verified that it does UNinstall cleanly.
  • Please email me any problems you find to iconpack@bfgreenberg.com and please include screenshots.
    • When emailing me please do the following:
      • Put ICONPACK in the subject line
      • Tell me your PPCG username in the body of the email
  • Please make sure to reboot after installing or un-installing (not just restart Sense) ... this is because there are other graphic files (BMP, PNG) in additional to manila files.
  • This is FAR FROM COMPLETE. Still email me if you see something that doesn't look right. I will reply if it is indeed a bug or just something that I haven't gotten to yet.
Included in this:
  • World Clock Slider

• All Contacts Slider

• Individual Contact Slider

• Photo Albums Slider

• Music Library Slider

• Other contacts icons
  • Settings icons (can be seen on my website)
  • Notifications icons (can be seen on my website)
  • Other icons here and there scattered throught the UI.
Update - July 28, 2010
  • Minor Bug Fixes
  • Call Log Icons

Update - August 2, 2010
  • Minor bug fixes
  • More icons added
  • I have noticed that this no longer un-installs cleanly. I am working on that but cannot guarantee a resolution.
This will probably be the last BETA before the final release.
I have received very little feedback which tells me that either nobody gives a crap or that it works really well.
I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THIS WILL INTERACT WITH CHT - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

NOR WILL IT LOOK GOOD WITH A TRANSPARENT SLIDER / BOTTOM CURTAIN (for now - options for this will be included in the final release).

THIS IS FOR UNCOMPRESSED MANILA ONLY (again - for now)

PLEASE!!!!
No requests for different icons if you just dont like the ones I have used.

This and all BETAs to follow can be found here:
http://tp2.bfgreenberg.com/BETA/

Last edited by brent372; 08-02-2010 at 08:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP
Re: Coming Soon - Sense 2.5 Icon Pack

I'm hoping you got a nice severance package.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 06-30-2010, 03:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

brent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaas2 View Post
I'm hoping you got a nice severance package.
For leaking private company information, all I got was shown the door.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:44 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Sorry to hear that happened but I am glad to see that it has not deterred you from something that you obviusly enjoy so much. Keep your chin and good work up, it will all turn around for you.

Best of luck.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Sorry to hear that happened but I am glad to see that it has not deterred you from something that you obviusly enjoy so much. Keep your chin and good work up, it will all turn around for you.

Best of luck.
Oh.. it did for quite a while.
The day I got fired was my last day on here and XDA for well over 2 months. Sorry to all the folks I left hanging when that happened...

Aside from that, I had to turn in my TP2 (work phone) and only had my Ozone so I could really use anything to develop on.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Wow, sorry about the job and glad you're back.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent372 View Post
For leaking private company information, all I got was shown the door.
No big surprise there, my company has a zero tolerance policy for that also (but everybody knows it)

The company my brother works for has people arrested for doing that........

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 06-30-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
No big surprise there, my company has a zero tolerance policy for that also (but everybody knows it)

The company my brother works for has people arrested for doing that........

~John
I doubt deny my lack in judgement, and I removed all posts about it when asked to. But considering it was just screenshots, and not the actual ROM, I don't think the penalty fit the crime.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent372 View Post
I doubt deny my lack in judgement, and I removed all posts about it when asked to. But considering it was just screenshots, and not the actual ROM, I don't think the penalty fit the crime.
yea, that does seem rather extreme......

~John
Old 07-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Coming Soon - Sense 2.5 Icon Pack - NOW WITH PREVIEWS

Just an update here. I was hoping to release the icon pack this weekend, but ran into a little trouble when I updated my CAB file last time, it jumbled all the file names so nothing was where it belonged...
With the new job keeping me very busy my only time to work on this is over the weekend, so hopefully in 2 weeks I will have this ready to realse.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software