PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 10:22 AM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up {Sense2.5}CoOkieMonster Home Tab Mod [10-Feb-2010]

OK my first thread.......Here we go....

Thanks for this info from bignadad "to try and avoid confusion. this thread contains actual program information for cookiemonster home tab mod..

THIS THREAD video for 48links with sliding panels and more just mentions that its out there..."

Here is the link! I reccomend going to this thread since this where the topic has been discussed for sometime prior to me starting this thread, unaware of the other.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109863

I didn't realize the other thread already discussed the mod, I had never looked at it. Whotahn apologies for any confusion. I guess I will always be a noob! I will remove this thread if need be. For now I will just leave it up but wil not add to it. The link above should be used for discussion on the mod.

This thread is for the purpose of letting the PPCGEEK community know about a FANTASTIC Home Tab mod for sense 2.5 from XDA user and genius, CoOkieMonster. I did ASK for CoOkieMonster's permission before making this thread. No objections so HERE YA GO!!!

I am taking no credit for CoOkieMonster's creation or hard work, just simply starting a thread for my brothers and sisters here at PPCGEEKS.com. I am not connected to CoOkieMonster so I am not a messenger or speaker for the Op. I only intend this thread to direct users to CoOkieMonster's thread, and for general discussion on the Mod since I have read discusion on the Mod in other threads. I COULD NOT find a thread directly for this mod anywhere in the TP2 section so if I am double posting or posting in the wrong place MODS & fellow geekers please have mercy on me.

For now I am not adding any pics. I will if there is enough interest, although my main goal is to DIRECT peeps to the original and ome thread for the Mod. Which is HERE:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=625483

The following is directly from the original thread at XDA.

[Manila][10-Feb-2010] Co0kie's Home Tab - Extended QuickLinks, Appointments and More

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intro:
This is a Manila (Sense) 2.5 Home Tab modification which features:
- Home Tab with 4 views
- Extended Quick Links:
--- 3 pages for up to 48, 60 or 75 shortcuts
--- Quick Links layouts include 4x4, 4x5 and 5x5
--- links can be easily rearranged via drag and drop
--- option to hide empty links and icon frames
--- grid view in program selector
- Extended Appointments:
--- up to 4 appointments on the home tab
--- dated appointments for more than 2 days in the future
- Optional Call History button
- Configurable links for: Alarm, Calendar and Call History
- Mod options are configurable from registry

-Read the first post carefully and completely before posting.
-When posting about a problem please report your full Manila version (e.g. 2.5.xxxxxxxx), the device and ROM you are using and if you have any other mods installed.

Update 10-Feb-2010:
New version release, lots of new stuff. See features above and screenshots below.
If you're upgrading from version v1.0, v1.0.1 or v1.5 beta 2, uninstall the old version and soft reset before installing v1.5.

Update 31-Jan-2010:
This is a quick version update to fix the clock distortion bug. I've also made the 16 link layout default now - you can change it to 20 from registry.
Download the new v1.01 version below.

Tour:
This is the main Home view with 4 or 5 Quick Links (configurable from registry).

If you swipe down you get extended appointments view with up to 4 items.

If you swipe up from the main view, you get a 4x4, 4x5 or 5x5 grid of Quick Links.

Now, this is where it gets interesting. Here you can swipe left or right to get to 2 more pages of links. The 3 blocks circled in red indicate on which page you are on.

If you tap on the blocks or go to Menu->Remove Quick Links, you can Add/Remove or Rearrange the links

For rearranging: hold the icon until it pops up. Then just drag it where ever you want.

Some more options available include: hide empty links, show call history button (see settings below for more options)

Also, if you swipe up from the grid view you get the clear view. Not too useful, but you can see you're wallpaper this way

The mod also contains an optional grid view for the program selector.

Requirements and Compatibility:
Manila 2.5 is required. The mod is not compatible with other larger Manila mods (like MaxManila). Smaller home tab mods (like transparency) and mods that don't affect the home tab are fine.
Manila subversion compatibility is as follows:

Compatible:
2.5.1920.2525, 2.5.1921.1619, 2.5.1922.2911, 2.5.1922.3829, 2.5.2011.2328, 2.5.2011.3030, 2.5.2011.3626

NOT compatible:
Nothing for now.

To check your Manila version: go to the settings tab in Sense, select "About phone", and then "Software Information". .
If you have any problems with this mod please report your full Manila version (e.g. 2.5.xxxxxxxx), the device and ROM you are using.

Instructions:
Download the cab and run it on your device.
If you have a problem installing it, try turning off Sense (All Settings -> Today), installing the cab and then turning Sense back on.

Upgrading to new versions:
After installing the new version, the extended quick links that you had assigned will be reset.
To prevent this make sure you back up the reg key HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila\Home before upgrading, and restore it after. This will save all your quick link assignments, so you don't have to reassign them manually.

Performance:
For HD2 users: It was made for the HD2 and it should run nice and slick on it. But I do recommend installing Chainfire's HD2/Leo 3D Driver Patch - it's great.
For non-HD2 users: Keep in mind that this was primarily made for the HD2 and it will be slower on other devices. I'll make an option for less animations in a future version. For now, you should know that the performance depends on how many link you have filled up (the number of total empty links doesn't seem to matter).
General tip for more speed: Disable Animated/Weather wallpapers: go to registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila\ Home.WallpaperMode and set it to 2 --- (0 is weather wall, 1 is animated wall, 2 is still wallpaper)

Troubleshooting:
Problem: The slider stops half way or you don't see any appointments
Answer: Download and import this reg file.
P: Can't find the reg entries for the settings.
A: Same answer as above: Download and import this reg file.
P: Sense keeps restarting.
A1: First, try the reg file as above.
A2: Try removing any other Manila mod (e.g. anti clock flip mod) and then reinstall this mod. Make sure you soft reset both after the uninstall and new install.
A3: Last resort: Try doing a new clean rom flash and installing this cab first, before any other programs.
P: Blank HTC icons in the start menu
A: Delete the icons and set HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila\ IsShortcutEnabled to 0

Registry settings
Settings are located in: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila\
Restart Manila for the changes to take effect. Available settings:

Code:
[Co0kie.QuickLinksMode] - layout setting for home quick links
0 -> 4x4 layout (default)
1 -> 4x5 layout
2 -> 5x5 layout

[Co0kie.SelectorGrid] - setting for program selector screen
0 -> normal list
1 -> grid with 4 columns (default)
2 -> grid with 5 columns

[Co0kie.AppointmentRange] - days the appointments should be displayed
n -> days in the future
7 -> is default

[Co0kie.OpenAppointment] - open individual appointments
0 -> open calendar
1 -> open appointment in HTC's appointment editor

[Co0kie.DefaultShortcutPage]
1 -> left
2 -> middle (default)
3 -> right

[Co0kie.HideEmptyShortcuts]
0 or 1 --- 0 is default

[Co0kie.HideIconFrames]
0 or 1 --- 0 is default

[Co0kie.ShowCallHistory]
0 or 1 --- 0 is default

[Co0kie.VGAMode] - only for VGA devices
0 or 1 --- 0 is default

[Co0kie.AlarmLink]
[Co0kie.CalendarLink]
[Co0kie.CallHistoryLink]
- these 3 setting change the button functions
- write in the path to your desired program
- default is blank - standard HTC appsBackground for all tabs compatible with this mod:
If you want the standard BG4all, see this post.
If you want high quality wallpapers, take a look at HDWall and HQ Wallpaper Patch.

Download:
Co0kie's Home Tab v1.5

Some of the things planned for future versions:
- dedicated settings page
- option to make the calendar and call history buttons dissapear when they are empty

Changelog:
#v1.5 - 10/02/2010
-[new] 3 pages of quick links
-[new] 5x5 link layout
-[new] drag and drop to rearrange
-[new] dated appointment for more than 2 days
-[new] call history button
-[new] configurable alarm, call history and calendar buttons
-[new] basic VGA support
#v1.0.1 - 31/01/2010
-[fixed] clock distortion bug
-[changed] 16 links is now default
#v1.0 - 30/01/2010
-initial release

PLEASE GO TO CoOkieMonster's thread linked above for DOWNLOAD! MAKE SURE YOU THANK THE OP, ALOT OF WORK GOES INTO THESE THINGS!!!!

Last edited by Whotahn; 02-11-2010 at 12:23 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:22 AM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Threadstarter

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Re: {Sense2.5}CoOkieMonster Home Tab Mod [10-Feb-2010]

Maybe for updates..........(always wanted to say that )

Last edited by Whotahn; 02-11-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:23 AM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Threadstarter

Ok go easy on me for the thread....I'm a thread startin' virgin.

Just wanted to add that I am running this MOd on MightyROM WAR 2/3/10 Sense 2.5.2011 and it is working great. I DLed it when it was released and have been running it since without a hiccup yet. I am running it with a few other mods.

I do know there are some isues with certain mods such as BG4all that that aren't jiving with the Mod.....have no fear I believe Santod the God of Mods has already been working on this as has CoOkieMonster. Like I said in the original post this thread is to direct people to the mod and bring ideas/fixes together for those using the mod. I am not going to be constanlty updating the first few posts with fixes for different ROMS and so forth. I will pull info together every once in awhile and add to Post #2. Soon, hopefully today but I have work sometime, I will have added some links to cabs and so forth that are verified to work. Thats the extent of it, the rest will be up to users to post in the thread and for other users to search the thread if need be.

Thanks everyone... I hope you enjoy the MOD and PLEASE give CoOkieMonster THANKS and props for producing it!

Last edited by Whotahn; 02-11-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

to try and avoid confusion. this thread contains actual program information for cookiemonster home tab mod..

THIS THREAD video for 48links with sliding panels and more is referencing the same program, but just mentions that its out there...does not provide detail like this thread....

glad someone posted!! nice mod....

would recommend posting cabs & screens, so people don't have to go to XDA.... i usually do it, but it's your thread....

Last edited by bignadad; 02-11-2010 at 11:50 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:50 AM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
to try and avoid confusion. this thread contains actual program information for cookiemonster home tab mod..

THIS THREAD video for 48links with sliding panels and more just mentions that its out there...

glad someone posted!! nice mod....

would recommend posting cabs & screens, so people don't have to go to XDA.... i usually do it, but it's your thread....

Thanks for the props. I just wanted CoOkieMonster to get his due and get the actual Mod posted up. With NRG cooking it in I am sure it is going to be a realy hot topic and deserves it's own area of discussion.

I did not even realize that the other thread was for this Mod. I even searched the forum to make sure there wasn't something....the title threw me off I guess cause I never even looked at it. Hopefully we can get all the info together to avoid confusion. Info on this added to first post.

Last edited by Whotahn; 02-11-2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: I AM STILL A NOOB!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

Thanks...!! I love the movement...!!

Im in the process of installing this program with Mighty's sense UI 2.5 WAR ROM... First I need to install Mighty's ROM then install CoOkieMonster's Home tab...!!

Ill will repost the success of the installation..!!
Old 02-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

now we seem to have a duplicate......tsk tsk
Old 02-11-2010, 07:33 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

uhoh
Old 02-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

Installation was Successful...

1. Disabled Sense UI...
2. Installed CoOkieMonster's cab...
3. Enabled Sense UI...
4. Waiting for 3-5 minutes...&...Nothing...
5. 30 seconds battery pull w/ sense UI still enabled...
6. Got a white screen for 30-45 seconds maybe less...
7. Then BOOM it WORKED...

Im running Mighty's WAR ROM Sense UI 2.5.... The only thing I have installed Sprint MMS Workaround cab...peace
Old 02-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have a touch pro and the first row is mostly hidden behind calendar/time and i cannot add links to the bottom row. Anyone else seeing this or know of a fix?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software