PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

New Daddy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is it possible to reorganize Programs tab from desktop?

I've installed a cab to make TP2 display four icons in a row and up to 64 chortcuts and unlocked the first few items.
Now what I need is a simpler and more intuitive way to rearrange the shortcuts in the programs tab so that more frequently used shortcuts move up to the top and the rest move down.
Is there a desktop that can move around the shortcuts in the program tab of TP2 more easily?
Alternatively, is there an app that will let you move around the icons in the program tab to rearrange the order (like when you move around the icons on the Desktop of your PC)?
Old 12-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: Is it possible to reorganize Programs tab from desktop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Daddy View Post
I've installed a cab to make TP2 display four icons in a row and up to 64 chortcuts and unlocked the first few items.
Now what I need is a simpler and more intuitive way to rearrange the shortcuts in the programs tab so that more frequently used shortcuts move up to the top and the rest move down.
Is there a desktop that can move around the shortcuts in the program tab of TP2 more easily?
Alternatively, is there an app that will let you move around the icons in the program tab to rearrange the order (like when you move around the icons on the Desktop of your PC)?
None that i know of....

Old 12-23-2009, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dwmackay is becoming a great contributor

You can use reStart to reorder your icons.

I use Total Commander to put the links into folders that make sense for me. If you want to do this from the desktop, it will work but requires a bit of effort. Use ActiveSync and browse to the root of the phone. On the desktop, you need to change the Folder and Serch Options to allow you to see Hidden files and Operating System files. (In Vista, Organize>Folder and Search Options>View).

Once you do that, simply browse to the phones Windows\Start Menu\Programs and you can see your folder structure. From there you can move things around and add or delete folders to your liking. Once that is done, use reStart to put the icons in the order you want.

Hope this helps.

Here is a link for reStart
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=481379

Doug M.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

New Daddy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmackay View Post
You can use reStart to reorder your icons.

Here is a link for reStart
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=481379

Doug M.
reStart seems to be a very good solution for WM 6.5, but my Touch Pro2 is still on stock WM 6.1. Anything for WM 6.1?
Old 12-24-2009, 10:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dwmackay is becoming a great contributor

It has been so long that I have used 6.1 I am not sure I can help. Don't be afaraid of the custom ROMS. If you try them and do not like them, you can always go back to stock.

6.5 is much better at being finger friendly than 6.1.

I am not sure how 6.1 sorts the programs list. If it is alphabetical, you could always put a high level qualifier on your links. That is, if you want "SBP Time.lnk" to be first on the list and "Calendar Touch.lnk" to be second, rename the shortcuts to "a-SPB Time.lnk" and "b-Calendar Touch.lnk". You could try this and see if it works. I would rename one or two, try a soft reset and see if it works. If it does, you can then go back and rename all of them to suit your own ordering preferences. The dounside is that the a- and b- etc will show up in the list as new names.

See my previous post to find the links that make up your Programs List.

If you do not have Total Commander on your phone, I would suggest that you give it a try. It is very handy for projects like this.

Good Luck.

Doug M.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software