PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint

Jaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Jaybell4444 Send a message via MSN to Jaybell4444 Send a message via Yahoo to Jaybell4444
Unhappy Dusk Theme Manila 2.5 Evolution Wallpaper

I have the Mighty Rom Impact on my TP2 and installed the Dusk Theme EVO....I love the wallpaper that comes with the theme but I cant get it to stay on the screen. Another wallpaper instead appears. I go to settings, Wallpaper,...but it does not give me the option to set Default wallpaper. How can I get the default wallpaper back on my screen???
Old 12-16-2009, 09:07 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Dusk Theme Manila 2.5 Evolution Wallpaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybell4444 View Post
I have the Mighty Rom Impact on my TP2 and installed the Dusk Theme EVO....I love the wallpaper that comes with the theme but I cant get it to stay on the screen. Another wallpaper instead appears. I go to settings, Wallpaper,...but it does not give me the option to set Default wallpaper. How can I get the default wallpaper back on my screen???

HDwalls is the only way I've found around the issue. It never will ask you to use the Default once you've changed it. Not sure what is missing in the rom to make it give you the option. Although I've spent some time trying to figure it out. Anyhow. I suggest you get the wallpaper from that pack you like and make an HDwall cab from it. That's the only way it will overwrite the other images for me. Hope this helps, even if it's not the answer you wanted.

All those Dusk wallpapers and clock packages have BG4all cooked into them and sometimes even mess up the mode9 layout on the new Mighty Roms, from my experience with 'em.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Jaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Jaybell4444 Send a message via MSN to Jaybell4444 Send a message via Yahoo to Jaybell4444

It is frustrating but I tried everything to get around it. Im gonna try to find the wallpaper online and copy it in hopes to put it back on my phone. Maybe someone should make a note of the issue to MightyRom! He should be able to solve the issue. OR...Is there anyone out there who can solve it???...lol....help!
Old 12-16-2009, 09:41 PM
"MODS"

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
It is frustrating but I tried everything to get around it. Im gonna try to find the wallpaper online and copy it in hopes to put it back on my phone. Maybe someone should make a note of the issue to MightyRom! He should be able to solve the issue. OR...Is there anyone out there who can solve it???...lol....help!

I have mentioned it to him and am at least trying to find a simpler fix, then the one I currently came up with. It is even more of a hassle. LOL!

I'll let you know if I find an easy fix for it.

I was hoping, maybe we would see an update for Impact, before I figure it out. Hoping the issue would have been resolved.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

notanerd1411 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

im not sure if it will work but there is a registry key that defaults the home screen backround... its:
hkcu - software - HTC - manila - homebackgrounddefault

just delete the value in there and it should use the dusk theme background after that
Old 12-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

UUUUUUUHhhh!....Call me a rookie but how do I get to the registry keys?
Old 12-16-2009, 10:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.
Carrier: Sprint

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You can install Max Manilla as well to get a BG for all tabs. Im currently running impact with the xda dusk theme and max manila and its pretty good looking. max manila does have a noticeable impact on manila performance, if you ask me, but it's not enough to make the phone un-usable.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

notanerd1411 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
UUUUUUUHhhh!....Call me a rookie but how do I get to the registry keys?
if your using total commander you open it and got to //plugins then to //registry then hkcu - software - htc - manila - homebackground
Old 12-16-2009, 11:01 PM
"MODS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
You can install Max Manilla as well to get a BG for all tabs. Im currently running impact with the xda dusk theme and max manila and its pretty good looking. max manila does have a noticeable impact on manila performance, if you ask me, but it's not enough to make the phone un-usable.

In my opinion, that is why I don't use MaxManila. Too much of a negative performance impact, on an already sluggish device for these new OS releases. Too much for me to live with from day to day anyway.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:17 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
In my opinion, that is why I don't use MaxManila. Too much of a negative performance impact, on an already sluggish device for these new OS releases. Too much for me to live with from day to day anyway.
i have heard soooo many complain about how much MaxManila slows down manila..... well i have used both for long periods of time and i will tell you i dont think thats the case at all... im not trying to make anyone a "believer" but i have worked with Max inside and out and its really not doing that much to the manila to affect it. the main thing it does do it edits the home.mode9 which contains all the Max settings and different options. i really has NOTHING else to do with any other part of the manila. im on EnergyROM 28014 and i see no lag on home screen compared to without MAX..

I will say that 2 things have helped this tremendously....
-energyROM enabled compression of manila a couple releases ago
-maxmanila 2.6 has taken away all animations when using MaxManila

Again, not trying to make a believer out of anyone, but its not that different. the main reasons i use max is this
-Change Clock style within manila
-have options of showing OR not showing slider/notifications/appointments/call history
-quicklinks on home screen
-full screen manila
-weather off/on toggle
-change shortcut count

well i think what i might do is a video on a side by side comparison of the 2.... just to know either way......might get that in the works soon.....

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software