PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010, 11:38 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
REQUEST: 2 clickable icons, windows\startup auto remover prog or script

I've searched this forum "startup", "rename", etc.. googled them, etc.. AND it didn't pull up any relevant searches when I started this thread...

Actually 2 of them needed:
1. Icon Name: "StartupWin"
del \windows\startup
copy \windows\startupwin \windows\startup
reboot

2. Icon Name: "StartupDroid"
del \windows\startup
copy \windows\startupdroid \windows\startup
reboot

CONTENTS OF \windows\startupwin
put all your normal startup files e.g. quickmenu.lnk, wktask.lnk, voice command.lnk, battclock.lnk, setcpuspeed.lnk, BTTrayCE.lnk... etc..

CONTENTS OF \windows\startupdroid
\storage card\andboot\haret.exe

Looking for someone to point me to, tell, show or write a script file/program with an icon callable from Sense Cookie that does this. It should be simple, just don't know how.
(*edit* removed some stuff to keep focused)

Don't know if anyone else has found this out. If so & it's well known to others & somehow I've missed it, please point me to the discussion & delete this thread mods. Otherwise this could really help a bunch of people I feel. Another side benefit would be for those people using a script to OC called from the windows\startup, no longer would we have to pull the backcover & unseat the SD card prior to booting Driod...

In fact, I'd like to attach the 2 scripts/batch files/programs to my Android Sticky & give you credit: Simple Guide: ANDROID TP2 CDMA TIPS/FAQ’s Oct. 2010

Is this something that could be done easy with mortscript? Or, is there something better?
... be a heck of a lot easier if people could just hit an icon.

Really don't want to argue about the details & what causes what in the past though... please stay on track to my request...

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by teradog; 10-19-2010 at 10:11 AM. Reason: rearrange content
Old 10-19-2010, 12:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: REQUEST: 2 clickable icons, windows\startup auto remover prog or script

Your problem is likely setcpuspeed.lnk. If you didn't create the shortcut and add the "/boot" paramter after the exe in the shortcut, it isn't waiting to set the CPU speed and is doing so as soon as it launches. Edit the shortcut to add the /boot or remove the shortcut completely and just create a shortcut under \windows\start menu\programs\ somewhere to overclock your device.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:42 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

thanks & thanked for the response, /boot is not only there, but as mentioned above i have it set with plenty of time so it doesnt interfere with Andriod... easy 2 ck also, just go into msm7k & watch... Normally that would cause a screen hange prior to even starting droid with icons along botom stuck... in this paticular example, it hanges during droid boot. Same build, just never makes it through all scrolling...

Anyone re. scripts or prog?
sent via tp2
Old 10-19-2010, 09:49 AM
VIP Member

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Have you tried formatting your microSD card and restarting from scratch?
Old 10-19-2010, 10:04 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

I wrote the guide (sticky) that covers that in detail :>))

Please, I'm only looking to test, (learn how or if someone makes one) a script or program... This particular example is of little consequence... Doing this will ensure 2 things for users with issues... (and those trying to help them)

1. No startup lnk file is interfering with their droid boot &
2. Easy & quick way to UN-overclock windows, reboot & go into Android... (even if you forgot to run droid in time :>))

I use to write batch files in old DOS 10 times that big blindfolded in my sleep 20 years ago... just don't know how on a PPC??
Old 10-19-2010, 06:29 PM
VIP Member

You could do this if you wanted to using provisioning files and FDC Task Manager. Create a few provisioning files to move the files/folders around, and then create shortcuts to silently run the task manager in auto-mode, passing the correct provisioning file based on what you want to do. It should run the task manager and "install" the provxml (move stuff around) and then stop. You could also get it to auto-restart the phone most likely as well.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:52 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
You could do this if you wanted to using provisioning files and FDC Task Manager. Create a few provisioning files to move the files/folders around, and then create shortcuts to silently run the task manager in auto-mode, passing the correct provisioning file based on what you want to do. It should run the task manager and "install" the provxml (move stuff around) and then stop. You could also get it to auto-restart the phone most likely as well.
OK I'm game, I use Fdc TM... I see (menu, actions, install prov xml), write the xml in notes first? More info please...

Last edited by teradog; 10-20-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:03 PM
VIP Member

What you would need to do is create 2 different xml files, let say win.xml and droid.xml. Here is what the two would look like:

win.xml
Code:
<wap-provisioningdoc>
<characteristic type="FileOperation">
<characteristic type="%CE4%" translation="install">
<characteristic type="MakeDir" />
<characteristic type="quickmenu.lnk" translation="install">
<characteristic type="Move">
<parm name="Source" value="%CE2%\winstartup\quickmenu.lnk" translation="install" />
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
<characteristic type="wktask.lnk" translation="install">
<parm name="Source" value="%CE2%\winstartup\wktask.lnk" translation="install" />
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
<characteristic type="voice command.lnk" translation="install">
<parm name="Source" value="%CE2%\winstartup\voice command.lnk" translation="install" />
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
<characteristic type="battclock.lnk" translation="install">
<parm name="Source" value="%CE2%\winstartup\battclock.lnk" translation="install" />
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
<characteristic type="setcpuspeed.lnk" translation="install">
<parm name="Source" value="%CE2%\winstartup\setcpuspeed.lnk" translation="install" />
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
<characteristic type="\Windows\StartUp\Haret.lnk" translation="install">
<characteristic type="Delete">
<parm name="ForceDelete" />
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
</wap-provisioningdoc>
droid.xml
Code:
<wap-provisioningdoc>
<characteristic type="FileOperation">
<characteristic type="%CE2%\winstartup" translation="install">
<characteristic type="quickmenu.lnk" translation="install">
<parm name="Source" value="%CE4%\quickmenu.lnk" translation="install" />
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
<characteristic type="wktask.lnk" translation="install">
<parm name="Source" value="%CE4%\wktask.lnk" translation="install" />
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
<characteristic type="voice command.lnk" translation="install">
<parm name="Source" value="%CE4%\voice command.lnk" translation="install" />
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
<characteristic type="battclock.lnk" translation="install">
<parm name="Source" value="%CE4%\battclock.lnk" translation="install" />
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
<characteristic type="setcpuspeed.lnk" translation="install">
<parm name="Source" value="%CE4%\setcpuspeed.lnk" translation="install" />
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
<characteristic type="%CE4%" translation="install">
<characteristic type="Haret.lnk" translation="install">
<characteristic type="Shortcut">
<parm name="Source" value="\Storage Card\andboot\haret.exe" translation="install"/> 
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
</wap-provisioningdoc>
You'd want to add/remove shortcuts as needed based on what is actually in the \Windows\StartUp folder. Once you have all the shortcuts in the xml and the files saved (assume the root of the storage card for this), you would need to create two shortcuts somewhere. It doesn't look like you can add different commands together with the task manager, so you'd be able to move the files automatically, but you'd have to restart manually. Create the shortcuts with the following paths:

Windows.lnk
Code:
"\Program Files\FdcSoft\TaskMgr\TaskMgr.exe" /provxml "\Storage Card\win.xml"
Android.lnk
Code:
"\Program Files\FdcSoft\TaskMgr\TaskMgr.exe" /provxml "\Storage Card\droid.xml"
With those shortcuts created (in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ somewhere), all you should have to do is click on whichever one you want, and it will move the files around for you. If you wanted to create another one to restart, that would work too.

Restart.lnk
Code:
"\Program Files\FdcSoft\TaskMgr\TaskMgr.exe" /r
or, if you want a confirmation, add /rq rather than just /r
Old 10-20-2010, 02:43 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

NICE! thanks/d, hmmm says install, meaning the same as copy in xml? *edit* char .. move OK got it...
Wowsers.. can't just copy a directory anymore huh?!!
OK take a look at these...
nevermind.. didn't know you can't attach jack for files... even after i removed the extensions...
Will try later & get back to you... errors everywhere.. will try again tomorrow

Last edited by teradog; 10-21-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:51 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

....next day...
OK, kinda works now thanks...
A few mods needed...
1. Had to put a number in the front of the .lnk files (99#"...) I can't remember what is does.. otherwise it's seen as a folder in total commander.
2. Have to put a pause in the android lnk file, hehehe... otherwise I'm back to pulling the SD card to ensure it doesn't keep booting into droid :>))

Where did you find those switches above? (/rq) is there a list? I can probably find with some searching, but if you know & can show... save me time, specifically a pause right now... thanks

(i still can't believe there isn't an easier way to automate / script/ batch/ cab copy of a directory to another..) :>))

Last edited by teradog; 10-21-2010 at 09:57 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2