PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 03:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

sabonis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need help loading original rom with sd card

My activesync has stopped working. The power still charges through the usb, but it doesn't connect. I've tried different usb ports on my pc, I've changed the settings on my phone under usb to pc, and nothing. So, I'd like to reinstall the original rom with a mini sd card. Where can I find the original rom? What do I need to rename the file to(i know I have to, but can't remember). Anything else that anyone can suggest to get activesync back up would be great too. I spazed out and installed this old rom that was on an sdcard and now I lost all my contacts , and have no way of reistablishing a connection to the ol pc. Thanks for any help.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

ayato is keeping up the good workayato is keeping up the good workayato is keeping up the good work
Re: Need help loading original rom with sd card

I had that problem once. It ended up being the cable. It would charge my phone, but not connect via activesync. I went digging for some other USB to mini USB cables and found one. It worked. Even now I have to sometimes wiggle the cord to get it connected. Lame, but true.

Oh and the ROM needs to be named TITAIMG.nbh when put on your sd card. As for which ROM rom you need to be back to your original stock rom...I am not even sure what carrier you are on.

One last thing you might want to check, put your phone into bootloader, plug it in to your computer, and see if it says USB instead of Serial at the bottom of the screen. If it does say USB, then your cable is working and you can at least run the RUU from your computer if you don't do the sd card route.
Radio: 3.42.50
SPL: nueSPL-2.47

Last edited by ayato; 07-13-2009 at 06:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuff

heres the write up on it from xda...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...59&postcount=1

as always if i or anyone have helped you in any way, please take the time to press , a lot of time and research has went into finding the solutions that help you and many others...much appreciated...thank you!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sabonis is a n00b

Thanks, guys. I tried a different cable and the bootloader trick. It still said serial at the bottom. Going to look for the original rom.

Edit: I went to htc website to get "current " rom, of course they want you to use activesync to update it. All I did was unzip the whlole file into it's own folder and there's the file(can't remember what it's called, I'm at my work pc). I renamed it to TITAIMG.nbh, power reset and it flashes to the grey screen, but then goes right back to the bootloader screen. I've tried a different rom, wm6.5 23004, and same thing, it just flashes and goes back to bootloader. I think it says no .nbh file but it flshes so fast, i'm not sure. Any more help would be greatly appriciated.

Last edited by sabonis; 07-13-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sabonis is a n00b

I went to the htc site and got the current rom. Of course, they want you to load via activesync, but I can't. So, I unzipped the file and there was one called something.nbh and I renamed it to TITAIMG.nbh(i'm not at my pc now), but when I load it in phone, it would just flash the grey screen say something like NO .nbh file or something (it's too fast to read), then go back to the bootloader screen. I tried using a different rom, latest wm6.5, and same thing. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 07-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sabonis is a n00b

Sorry about double post
Old 07-14-2009, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

ayato is keeping up the good workayato is keeping up the good workayato is keeping up the good work

You are doing things the right way. Now its just a matter of trial and error. First thing I would do is ensure the sd card you are using is 2 gb or less and has been formatted to FAT32. Put the NBH file back on it and try again. If that does not work, try a different sd card. I had to swap sd cards with my dad and his worked on my phone, but for some reason mine did not.

The last resort, I suppose, is to find another computer that you have access to and install activesync and the ruu on it. Do your business and then remove it from that computer. Perhaps a friend will let you borrow their computer.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development