PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 10:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tilt 2
Carrier: at&t

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
memory leaks

I am starting to wonder if some of these devices don't have a hardware problem that might be causing memory leaks. Every custom ROM that I have tried seems to leak memory like crazy, at least down to a certain point, and nothing I can do seems to be able to recover it. Other people using the same ROM don't have this issue. If they do get low on memory, they seem to have no trouble recovering the majority of it and I don't even run that many programs.

The only other factor I can think of might possibly be the bootloader, 2.40 vs 2.47. Could one of them be more prone to memory leaks?
Old 05-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800 - Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: memory leaks

Memory leaks are somewhat inherent to Windows Mobile devices in general. Many of the custom ROMs (especially those without extra OEMs) will actually handle memory better than stock ROMs.

The real problems come when other programs get installed on top of Windows. They will eat up some of your RAM, and (depending on what the program does) you may not get it back until a restart.

If you think it is your phone, try and leave it fresh after a hard reset on a clean ROM for an afternoon. I'm guessing you'll notice only minimal RAM loss throughout that time.

It might be time to survey all of your installed programs and registry tweaks to see if one of those are causing your leak.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development