PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Lurker

irapinkston is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Titan memory allocation

Is there not some way to reallocate some of the internal memory so that it can be used to run programs? I loaded MS Mobile 6.5 and I don't have enough memory (in low or high memory mode) to open my two favorite programs: GPS Tuner and K-Metronome. If I can't get more memory for running the programs I will have to go back to Mobile 6.1. HELP!

Last edited by irapinkston; 04-28-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Titan memory allocation

No there isnt a way to allocate memory. Either disable some of the software you have running in the background or you will have to go back to 6.1.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

irapinkston is a n00b

That's what I was afraid of. Even with 6.1 I have to close everything to run my off road GPS software.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:22 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

How much memory does it use. Sounds like you need to cut back on the bells and whistles and use a cleaner rom.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800 - Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Have you tried turning off Titanium and using the traditional Today screen? That frees up a bunch of memory.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: Verizon

jackstraw is a n00b

reLoad 6.5 kitchen and DO NOT select any of the voice command softwares. You prolly don't use it anyway, I know atleast 15 people with smart phones and some didn't even know they had that feature. But anyway, thats how I solved the problem. Don't select anything but maybe your sprite backup, battery bar, maybe a GPS launcher (not any tday plugins), and your contact manager of ur choice. Games and Other NON system loading programs, you can pick as many as ur storage will hold. 6.5 comes with all the most common cool programs like device lock, task manager, etc...

What would JESUS Do?

Old 04-29-2009, 04:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

ksawatsky is just getting started

flash a rom with No2Chem's Kernal -- it frees up a huge amount of memory in return for turning off the camera
Old 04-29-2009, 04:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Also would suggest a clean up app. You may be losing memory due to junk file accumulation. Look at MemMaid or SKTools

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development