PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 02:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: US Cellular

jonnemmers16 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Confirm plz= There is no available USCC stock rom available...period? Correct?

I have searched and searched....and I have a brand new mogul sitting right in front of me ....and my old one that has a radio of 3.xx and windows pro 6.1....and rom version (obviously not the same as the stock radio).... I gotta send this one back tomorrow, and sum have said in other post by me I just gotta search its out there, but i've seen numorous replys "there is no uscc stock rom"....so anyone knoww?? =( I've tried backing completely my new mogul (with the regular stock rom/radio) n backing it up with spb backup and sprite....(both say "rom backup" is supported...) but neither worked...... anyone help?
Old 01-31-2009, 03:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru
Re: Confirm plz= There is no available USCC stock rom available...period? Correct?

You could totally brick the device before sending it back. What problem did they exchange it for?

Last edited by veedubguru; 01-31-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jonnemmers16 is a n00b
Angry Re: Confirm plz= There is no available USCC stock rom available...period? Correct?

I told them that my charger/usb mini port...the stupid thing.....couple pins are bent (I AM NOT THE ONLY PROBLEM THAT HAS THIS!) I did some googling.... and a bunch of sprint....verizon...alltel ppl have had this same problem....n they just smile n are way happy cuz they get a brand new scratch free, fresh out of the box mogul.... cuz they're carriers have good customer service..... I get told that "it looks like..i'm afraid, this is gonna be considered PHYSICAL DAMAGE"..... and I just sit this...and just politely reply...."well...excuse me....sure the device is "technically" "physcially damaged".... but "I", myself, did not **directly** cause the damage... I mean,

**People with Titans/Moguls/HTC 8600's.... True or false?
The mogul's usb/charging port is not "identical" to a mini usb (much found on digital camera's, and 90% of motorola phones)....
BUT it comes with a computer usb mini cord ...? and the DOCK that "comes with" the device....the port that sticks up (that goes into the phone)............is a *mini usb* port....so when u place it in the cradle...ur just asking for pins or anything in the port to potentially bend/break...ect.

So...that was my problem, and I KNOW, that if I send it with a differant rom and radio upgrade..........that will give them every more reason to charge me $200... - I....a college student....(among many other) .....Dont have another $200! =( I had to pay $200 for the phone *upfront* just 3 weeks ago! (and this usb port breaks!) =( Idk what to do........ I just really need a uscc rom downgrade.... I have my new mogul, is there anyway to get the rom image off that? Then go ahead and place it in PPCKitchen? or some how compress it to a .nbh file/rename to TITAIMG?

Help

Plz =(
Old 02-01-2009, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

BillThyCat is becoming a great contributor
Re: Confirm plz= There is no available USCC stock rom available...period? Correct?

Unfortunately, there is no stock rom for USCC. They may have something internal, but they have not publicly released it.

I would hard reset it, and delete any icons from the Start Menu that were not directly included with the original phone, and do your best to make it look as close to the stock as possible. It's possible they won't look.

Legally they have the right to claim you violated the terms of the warranty, however since the flashing didn't cause the damage to the port (which is common, tho I've never had the problem), they may not give you any grief about it. It will depend on the tech who handles the phone when they receive it.

Are you doing a warranty replacement? or an insurance claim?

BTC
Old 02-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jonnemmers16 is a n00b

warranty...... when i first used my phone..... there never was a black little plastic peace between the pins in the usb port....i thought that was weird....never though of it again until it stopped connecting to the computer n i noticed a bent pin?....idk, sum tech guy from uscc said it might be concidered "physical damage"....um... I JUST got this phone...just like 3 weeks ago!.... and only use the cradle to charge it (THE CRADLE has a MINI USB port......----not the same shape as the port at the bottom of the mogul---even tho it still works/charges/connects....the cradle's mini usb port that sticks out... doesn't fit nice n snug into the mogul's custom port....and the paper that came with the new phone w/ the return box said....charges can range from $25 - $150!!! I JUST PAID $200 for this phone!....idk what to do...i guess i'll make it "look" like a uscc rom

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development