PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kinesis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TURN OFF screen automatically after 30 (or defined) secs of inactivity

The feature in the settings panel under "Backlight" does not turn off your backlight, only dims it. anyone else have this problem?

I want to make it so that my unit's screen turns off automatically after 30-60 sec of inactivity and non-use .. so if I am listening to music and such the device saves power.. much like an energy star efficient home computer monitor.

is there a software that will do this? the only thing Ive found that came remotely close was psShutXP but it only shuts it off once in a predetermined amount of time, not indefinately and not with inactivity.

i tried the nueTools included with kitchen for the backlight/brightness that didnt do the trick either.

thanks in advance for your advice! im sure this problem effects us all to some extent, especially if we use the device to listen to music
Old 11-29-2008, 02:37 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: TURN OFF screen automatically after 30 (or defined) secs of inactivity

Hope this Helps.

Thanks T M Z

Updated to version 1.2

BlackMe is a Windows Mobile 5.0 / WM6 tool that turns the screen off while you don't need it.

You can use it while logging gps data (for example with WMMiniGPS), when you connect your device to the desktop to sync/recharge it, when you're listening to music with an mp3 player, etc...

The best method to use this program is to associate a button to it (through Settings->Buttons).

When the button is pressed, the screen should be turned off. You can turn on the screen pressing the d-pad central button. Press it again to close the application or press the associated button to turn the screen off again.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BlackMe_Installer12.zip (5.0 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-29-2008, 02:39 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

I use S2P to listen to music. It lets you hit the power button and still listen to music. It also integrates with S2U2. it will display the current album art and allow you to change tracks, pause, and change the volume without ever unlocking your phone. Both apps can be found here http://www.ac-s2.com/
Don't forget to hit the

Old 11-29-2008, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

kinesis is a n00b

Great solutions, and im familiar with some of them (with blackme being new to me) but unfortunately they dont target what would be the best idea in power savings - to have a program run in the background that automatically detects when you arent using the device for a pre-selected period (30 sec for example) then detect non-use, and automatically turn off the screen, which you can then turn back on with the power button, instead of something more easily pressed like the d pad.. sort of like ACPI or something. great ideas though thank you for your responses.

for me, doing something on top of locking my device is an added hassle and more work, id rather the PPC just take control of these power issues automatically.. i would guess microsoft needs to address this, its a hassle to have to work around like that.. i want seamless power savings!

is it possible to hack the registry to make microsoft's OS straight turn the screen off instead of dim it, maybe a brightness level of -1 or 0 or something? my main thing also is screen preservation, dead pixels can develop, and burn in also.. i notice if you leave the lock control app running without the screen going off , the number pad buttons burn into the screen in a sort of way.. thats not good

Last edited by kinesis; 11-29-2008 at 03:06 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development