PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2008, 10:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mulletmandan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I did something really stupid...

Okay, so I just got a Sprint Mogul (it was upgraded to the latest 6.1 ROM by the tech at Sprint), and in my excitement to try a custom ROM, I clicked through an outdated article and ran a "Titan Unlocker" program. After this ran, I was met with an "SPL-1.20.Olipro" bootloader screen.

I read through the thread on what to do if stuck at the bootloader screen, and I tried to reflash with the Sprint 2.17 package, and now the startup screen says "M09 B03 No Radio D 2.17".

Windows Mobile loads up (very slowly), but only gets to the part where it says "Tap the screen to set up your phone." The touch screen does not work.

Could someone direct me to the next step of what I should do? I have read that using the Olipro 2.40 bootloader should be next, but I can't even get into Windows Mobile to run that program.

Is there any way to revert the phone back to its stock state? I noticed the Titan Relocker, but can I use that at this point?

I realize that I am a bit of an idiot and that I should have done more research, but at this point I need your help more than your criticism. Many thanks for your help!

EDIT: Just to clarify, I booted back into the bootloader and reran the Sprint 2.17 ROM update. Same result (stuck on the "Tap the screen" part). Also, how do you prevent the Sprint customizations from being installed? Am I messing up that part of the restore?

Last edited by mulletmandan; 07-26-2008 at 10:48 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: palm pre, going back to my htc diamond.
Carrier: sprint

olgreg20 is just getting started
Re: I did something really stupid...

wow sprint actually upgraded it for you? i wonder why they tuned me down?
Old 07-26-2008, 10:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mulletmandan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by olgreg20 View Post
wow sprint actually upgraded it for you? i wonder why they tuned me down?
I think the tech who set me up with the new phone had a bit of extra time on his hands. He said that they normally wouldn't...
Old 07-26-2008, 10:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulletmandan View Post
Okay, so I just got a Sprint Mogul (it was upgraded to the latest 6.1 ROM by the tech at Sprint), and in my excitement to try a custom ROM, I clicked through an outdated article and ran a "Titan Unlocker" program. After this ran, I was met with an "SPL-1.20.Olipro" bootloader screen.

I read through the thread on what to do if stuck at the bootloader screen, and I tried to reflash with the Sprint 2.17 package, and now the startup screen says "M09 B03 No Radio D 2.17".

Windows Mobile loads up (very slowly), but only gets to the part where it says "Tap the screen to set up your phone." The touch screen does not work.

Could someone direct me to the next step of what I should do? I have read that using the Olipro 2.40 bootloader should be next, but I can't even get into Windows Mobile to run that program.

Is there any way to revert the phone back to its stock state? I noticed the Titan Relocker, but can I use that at this point?

I realize that I am a bit of an idiot and that I should have done more research, but at this point I need your help more than your criticism. Many thanks for your help!

EDIT: Just to clarify, I booted back into the bootloader and reran the Sprint 2.17 ROM update. Same result (stuck on the "Tap the screen" part). Also, how do you prevent the Sprint customizations from being installed? Am I messing up that part of the restore?
I don't believe you need to be in windows mobile to run it. Just follow the Olipro instructions.
Or Run the new Sprint upgrade here
http://www.htc.com/us/FAQ_Detail.aspx?p_id=75&act=sd
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mulletmandan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinabrady View Post
I don't believe you need to be in windows mobile to run it. Just follow the Olipro instructions.
Or Run the new Sprint upgrade here
http://www.htc.com/us/FAQ_Detail.aspx?p_id=75&act=sd
Well, the Olipro installer doesn't recognize the USB device even in bootloader mode (which is the only mode I can get it into since I can't get into Windows Mobile).

I'll try flashing the latest Sprint ROM to see what happens.

Honestly, I may just end up taking it back to the Sprint store. The tech there isn't the brightest crayon in the box. Basically, if a phone has an error message, he switches it out.

OK, wait. I just read that the Olipro 1.20 bootloader is not compatible with GPS ROMs, so am I in for disaster if I try to flash the newest Sprint ROM?

Last edited by mulletmandan; 07-26-2008 at 11:05 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work

I think you have to flash Olipro 2.4 first. Try restarting both your phone and XP box first. Then Olipro should see your device. Hope it helps.
EDIT/ the more I think about it... I do not think you need Olipro installed to run a stock ROM, you should just be able to flash the upgrade.

Last edited by The Doctor; 07-26-2008 at 11:13 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mulletmandan is a n00b

OK, I'm going to give the 2.40 upgrade a try first, and if that doesn't work I'll just try flashing the stock ROM anyway.

Thanks for all your help Austin!
Old 07-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

you can't upgrade to 2.40 without WM loading. You need to flash a full pre-GPS exe until you can get to a point where WM loads. That is you're only solution. Try all different pre-GPS ones if needed. Use the RUU via USB and try SD method if that fails. If you're bootloader says Olipro on it you shouldn't have any permanent problems just gotta try a few til ya get it to work.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:30 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mulletmandan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
you can't upgrade to 2.40 without WM loading. You need to flash a full pre-GPS exe until you can get to a point where WM loads. That is you're only solution. Try all different pre-GPS ones if needed. Use the RUU via USB and try SD method if that fails. If you're bootloader says Olipro on it you shouldn't have any permanent problems just gotta try a few til ya get it to work.
Quick question: I did a search, and can't find any other 2.XX series official Sprint ROMs. Are there any others besides 2.17?

EDIT: I just tried the SD card flash using the 2.17 ROM and it failed. I redownloaded it, reformatted the SD card (FAT32, full format, not quick), and still no love. The error occurs at the CMDA portion of the update.

Does the "No Radio" message at boot have anything to do with this?

Last edited by mulletmandan; 07-26-2008 at 11:58 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:12 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mulletmandan is a n00b

Well, I found someone who appears to have done the same thing as me. He posted back in May:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=65

I'm going to guess that, since I am getting the "No Radio" message, I am screwed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development