PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2008, 04:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

sfetaz is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
"Verizon is unable to authenticate your phone" message after upgrade

I upgraded my xv6800 to the 3.35 official rom, and upgraded the radio to 3.42. The phone seems operational so far, however I get the message from verizon "We are currently unable to authenticate your phone" any time I try to make a call. I went into ##778# and noticed the only difference is that under security the PPP username was filled in with the same information as HDR AN Auth User ID. So I removed this. Didn't fix the problem. Anyone know what I need to do to get calls back?
Old 07-02-2008, 04:36 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Re: "Verizon is unable to authenticate your phone" message after upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfetaz View Post
I upgraded my xv6800 to the 3.35 official rom, and upgraded the radio to 3.42. The phone seems operational so far, however I get the message from verizon "We are currently unable to authenticate your phone" any time I try to make a call. I went into ##778# and noticed the only difference is that under security the PPP username was filled in with the same information as HDR AN Auth User ID. So I removed this. Didn't fix the problem. Anyone know what I need to do to get calls back?
as has been stated many, many times -

1) update your prl to verizon prl
2) install carrier cab
3) ensure SID parameters are correct
Old 07-02-2008, 09:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

or...get an A key. Just say you had to hard reset. You should be good by then
Old 07-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

mrcharliebrown is a n00b

I had the same thing happen to me. Did you let the customizations run? If so, re-flash the verizon stock then you will have to call Verizon and have them reset your phone on the network. The tech that worked on mine said he activated a dummy ESN under my account then re-actived my ESN. Make sure they reset both voice and data. Just don't give them details why your phone started doing it, no one asked me why.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

sfetaz is just getting started

Called Verizon, was issued new Authentication number, phone works. Thanks guys!
Old 07-03-2008, 09:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Verizon customers WILL have to call in for an A Key anytime they go from a non GPS radio to a GPS radio. Once you do it the first time you wont have to call in anymore aslong as all of your radio upgrades are the GPS ones.

They only instance that will not require you to call when going from non GPS to GPS is when you get a new phone from Verizon and don't have it activated before you do the radio upgrade. I found this out yesterday when my replacement come. I went ahead and unlocked it then flashed a GPS radio and WM 6.1. Once I did that I went thru the normal activation procedures and it didn't require anything extra from the normal activation. With that being said, I would recommend that anyone getting a verizon replacement to go ahead and unlock and flash before activation. It makes things a little simpler.

Accepted NOT Expected
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW: Touch Pro2, Titan, Vogue, and Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

mdjkim is just getting started

The other thing that works - before you do any upgrades, transfer your phone service to a different phone (I'm sure you have an old phone laying around).

Perform your upgrades, then transfer your phone service back to your XV6800. Works like a charm!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development