PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 10:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

Geckotek is keeping up the good workGeckotek is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Restoring your xv6800 to a Stock Verizon ROM

This will resolve your issues if your Verizon phone has been "Sprintized" or help you restore your phone before returning it to Verizon.

To set your phone back to the default Verizon ROM, do the following:
  1. Download all necessary files 1) Titan Re-locker 2) Stock Verizon ROM 3) ROM Update Utility
  2. Unzip/rar the Stock ROM and the RUU (unrar using WinRAR) ****DO NOT UNZIP THE RELOCKER**** (it is a self extracting zip and will run properly as is)
  3. Place the Ruu_signed.nbh file in the RUU folder
  4. Hard reset your phone by holding down both softkeys, hitting reset, and pressing R (just for good measure)
  5. Connect your phone to your PC and make sure ActiveSync is connected
  6. Re-lock your phone by running Titan_Relocker.exe
  7. Place the stock Verizon ROM in the RUU folder
  8. Run the RUU by running ROMUpdateUtility.exe
  9. For good measure, let the Verizon ROM complete its setup.
I'm doing this from memory so please let me know if I missed a step so that I can update this post.

I hope this is helpful.

**I haven't been here in over 24 hours, so forgive me if this has been posted.**

Last edited by Geckotek; 03-13-2008 at 10:34 AM.
This post has been thanked 18 times.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
Re: Restoring your xv6800 to a Stock Verizon ROM

You posted it first - you had the info first - however you really didn't share what you had while everyone was having the problem - you just said to search for your posts - people did and it DID NOT WORK - I pm'ed you - no reply till today - you were online at the time - I have worked for 3 days to get where I got and made the effort to show documentaion that I had to pull from all over the place - as well made the effort to wrap it up unto 1 stable download - I have no problem with the fact that you solved the prob for yourself first - but I and others have had a bi**h of a time getting the files and putting it all together - I just resolved it for myself today (yes your info was a big part of the solution) and posted it. drives me nuts that my post gets closed right away.

so I am posting a link to my post for any that find it helpful as well.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21168

/rant

At least it all works!

Thanks for your, and several others, help!

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 03-13-2008, 12:12 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy View Post
You posted it first - you had the info first - however you really didn't share what you had while everyone was having the problem - you just said to search for your posts - people did and it DID NOT WORK - I pm'ed you - no reply till today - you were online at the time - I have worked for 3 days to get where I got and made the effort to show documentaion that I had to pull from all over the place - as well made the effort to wrap it up unto 1 stable download - I have no problem with the fact that you solved the prob for yourself first - but I and others have had a bi**h of a time getting the files and putting it all together - I just resolved it for myself today (yes your info was a big part of the solution) and posted it. drives me nuts that my post gets closed right away.

/rant

At least it all works!

I understand your rant completely, but this is the thread pertaining to restoring your Verizon ROM. Two are not necessary. If you had trouble finding the files, or information to add, it should have been done/asked here. So anyone else who reads this can figure it out too. That's just how forums work. Two threads on the same exact subject aren't necessary. It actually makes things tougher.

This isn't a contest. Everyone's racing to the same finish line.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I am including nuguys post here to keep everything neat and tidy

Quote:
**Solved!!!**

Uploaded correct files to megaupload - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I204KSNF

OUT OF THE BOX FRESH FEELING FOR YOUR XV6800!

Radio: 1.30.60
Rom: 2.09.605.8
Rom Date: 08/03/07
full restore of all original settings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguys solution
Be connected to activestink.

(even if your device only boots to the windows splash screen activestink can still connect enough to load this 1.2 bootloader)

Run TitanUnlocker.exe from first folder

FOLOW THE ON SCREEN DIRECTIONS EXACTLY

INCLUDING THE UNPLUGING AND PLUGING BACK IN PART

Be patient and be sure that it is complete.

Then without disconecting, or restarting your device
go to the second directory and folow these directions...

While stil in bootloader mode run ROMUpdateUtility.exe

Follow the onsreen directions.

When your device boots up - LET THE VERIZON CUSTOMIZATIONS RUN.

Enjoy being back on Verizons service.

Now go load whatever roms you feel comfortable running.....

You may need a different bootloader for some roms.
I let the customizations run after loading the SPRINT 3.35 Rom updater on my XC6800, I don't think the problem was loading the rom, but letting the damned sprint customizations install instead of a quick reset.
I have tried a hell of a lot to resolve this and am convinced that at this point it is going to take a verizon stock rom - the whole thing - to start from scratch and get back from the evil grips of those sprint towers (you sprinters would think the same if in our shoes)...
Unfortunately I have not found everything to piece together an entire orig vz rom.
The first bad thing that the sprint customizations does is resets the MSL, so now instead of using 000000 as always, you have to find "GetSPC", run it giving it your ESN (under battery) to find out your new "sprintized MSL". This causes you to use sprints towers for everything, add to the fact that it loads a sprint PRL and you are now "stuck on sprint".* when you dial *228 you get a sprint recorded voice that this number is not valid.

Having a xv6700 laying around I was able to set nearly everything in EPST back to where it needed to be (see screen shots)- that got me making calls (roaming) but no i-net, and no *228...
Called Data tech support for a aKey, they gave it to me, that didn't work.
Dl'ed a vz PRL from http://www.corolada.com/prl/
That got me to be able to connect to vz by dialing *228, but no love, it says "sorry call cust serv...".
Went to a corp VZ store and looked at all the settings in EPST changed a couple more, that didn't work.
Spoke to the lead geek in charge there and fessed up, he said that it was because of the MSL code change, that *228 sends the 000000 “service sub lock code” to unlock the SPL (EPST) and if the code is different, it will never connect to *228 right (well maybe after they open up their network more, but that is at least months away).* So I said what if I was with sprint and wanted to "convert"? He said they would need sprint to set the MSL to 000000, which would likely be done by sending it in to sprint, then sprint sending it to HTC (I'm sure we can come up w/ something better).
After leaving, I received a follow up call from my escalated trouble ticket, and the girl reset my “DMU keys” that finally got me to have i-net (still no *228 love though).
So now I am at a OK place, everything works but still roaming, place and receive calls, received network texts from cust serv, and have i-net. However I didn’t want to go through all the set up on my phone just to hard reset anyway so I started off on a quest to find a legit vzw rom.

People keep saying it's posted here, or there or everywhere, I HAVE TRIED everyone I have found and have NOT been able to reset the radio to Verizons peramaters.

Any help out there as to finding the STOCK VERIZON RADIO or best the whole stock verizon rom package?

for those who need help getting the EPST setup I will post the current settings I am using in screenshots.

** I will update this post to reflect the best solution if the thread gets cumbersome.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:

/rant

At least it all works!

This is actually a direct copy of the post I made on 3/11 over @ XDA-Devs so the information was as good then as it is now.

I'm sorry you didn't like me telling you to search, but a) sometimes it gets really old answering the same questions over and over and b) making you search gets you to help yourself and really learn what's going on here. I even narrowed down the list of posts to search to a single day and poster.

RE: your missed PM, I didn't have any alerts setup to tell me that I had any PMs so I did't realize you had sent them. I really did not mean to ignore you. I've now turned on those alerts. I'm truly sorry.

I'm currently working a full time job, taking 2 classes, teaching, and I'm very involved in another organization. To be honest, I'm posing this stuff while @ work (and I shouldn't be.) (and to top it off I have food poisoning this morning....)

I'm truly sorry it took me 2 days to get this posted, but I hope now that everyone will find it useful, as late as it is.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckotek View Post
This is actually a direct copy of the post I made on 3/11 over @ XDA-Devs so the information was as good then as it is now.

I'm sorry you didn't like me telling you to search, but a) sometimes it gets really old answering the same questions over and over and b) making you search gets you to help yourself and really learn what's going on here. I even narrowed down the list of posts to search to a single day and poster.

RE: your missed PM, I didn't have any alerts setup to tell me that I had any PMs so I did't realize you had sent them. I really did not mean to ignore you. I've now turned on those alerts. I'm truly sorry.

I'm currently working a full time job, taking 2 classes, teaching, and I'm very involved in another organization. To be honest, I'm posing this stuff while @ work (and I shouldn't be.) (and to top it off I have food poisoning this morning....)

I'm truly sorry it took me 2 days to get this posted, but I hope now that everyone will find it useful, as late as it is.
You should not have to apologize because people are not able or unwilling to take the time and search for the information they need...I have a total of 12 post on this fourm...and thats because at least 20 other people have at sometime, somewhere posted the question I had....and I must say I am actually amazed at the patience of some of the experts here...and the lack of appreciation of the Noobs that come looking for help and complain because it isnt given to them right away...you want prompt service??? pay for it!!!

so what if it took him 2 days to reply, God forbid he has a life outside of PPCGeeks...

These guys don't have to help you at all...so do us all a favor find the answer urself if you going to complain about the people that are trying to help you.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for your sentiments, but I don't want this to turn into a thrashing thread.

Let's move on and hope this post is helpful.

Thanks guys!
Old 03-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

I want to clear the air.

I did search - a lot - and many others were searching for a full Verizon stock rom (do a search for Verizon stock rom, see how many posts were made between here and xda) and the original post had links that were down, hence the request for an additional download location.

The original post on this was by someone ELSE at xda- I had already found that post as well as others had, however the xda FTP has been taken down for a while, and that's where the original links went to. Then you posted your info, and either the link was bad, or the ppcgeeks ftp was swamped/down, because of all the activity, short answer your original post did nothing for all the people that you kept telling to search for it, all having the same problems and questions, while I had let you know that the link for the actual rom (the missing ingredient was down).

This is not a file that is all over the place, and where I actually found it, it was not descriptively named, very hard to determine if it was the right file without flashing it, and flash I did, several different times with several different roms - only one does the whole trick.

- I want to clarify, I KNOW YOU WERE NOT INTENTIONALY TELLING PEOPLE BAD INFO, your thought was that your post had the links needed, that just wasn't the case though.

I also work a *very* full time job as well as have two beautiful children - I understand being busy. And as we all know seeing the same bad info all over is very frustrating.

Working on this problem for nearly 3 days has put me into 2-3 hrs sleep per night for the last two nights - I was determined to fix this for myself and many others.

I apologize for my mood on the subject, however my 1 file download does the job nicely and is easier for the noobs to deal with (nbh is already in the ruu folder as well as ReadMe.txt's so it's all set up).

I also search far more than I ever ask, and am kind of pissy about the “hey you just copied my stuff cr*p”.

I, like yourself, and of course sooo many others, WANT to contribute back to the community that is why I posted. I DID NOT realize that you had posted your corrected thread 1 hr. before me as I had been flashing and creating the upload and was generally trying to get it done and posted.

I will not carry on any further about this, but did not want anyone to think I was not doing my homework, or trying to steal thunder, however I am not to crazy about mine being stolen either.

In the end both yours and mine are fixed, and everyone else definitely has the tools to take care of theirs too, and that is what both of us wanted.

I pretty sure I will feel much better tomorrow after a normal night of sleep too.

Last edited by nuguy; 03-13-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Uhh.. okay sorry...none of my business to begin with...
Old 03-16-2008, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdub73 View Post
Uhh.. okay sorry...none of my business to begin with...
LOL...sorry dood.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development