PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 12:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

cuadradoa1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Restoring your xv6800 to a Stock Verizon ROM

Thanx so much! This really helped me out a lot.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:57 PM
Lurker

emailbinay is a n00b
xv6800 bricked

I read all the various posts and at this point really need help. I am not getting anywhere after I tried to update the stock rom and now I am stuck at verizon splash screen. I have tried several different paths to get back to stock rom but no success. I think my problem is mismatched rom and radio versions. async does not recognize my device and i cant seem to do anything. I am also not getting the tricolor bootloader mode. Any help would be really appreciated. when i reset (power+camera+soft reset), device starts up, R 1.30.60 and D 3.35 but then gets stuck at the splash.
thanks
benji
Old 03-18-2008, 01:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Threadstarter

Geckotek is keeping up the good workGeckotek is keeping up the good work

AS will not recognize your phone when in bootloader, however the PC connection is still present.

What happens if you try to run the stock Verizon updater again?

Worst case scenario you can look for the directions in the "Stuck in bootloader" sticky at the top of this forum to flash from SD.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:35 PM
Lurker

emailbinay is a n00b

Thanks for the direction.
After much fooling around, apparently, i had to push the reset and wait a second to get to the tircolor bootloader screen. I wasnt even getting the to the tricolor mode to begin with. now i am at radio 3.27 and dcd 3.16 based rom. everything seemed fine and i relocked with the stock relocker (titan relocker). Then, i started having continous reboot problem. Now, i cant get it to unlock. TitanUnlocker freezes. 2.40 olipro gets stuck at 0%. In fact any update is stuck at 0% and get update error. I am just tired now and was wondering if I can verizon to replace the device.
thanks
benji
Old 03-19-2008, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Threadstarter

Geckotek is keeping up the good workGeckotek is keeping up the good work

Once you relock, you have to load the stock ROM. The 3.16 ROM won't run on the stock bootloader (it will reboot as you experienced.)

Right now you need to get into the bootloader (tri-color screen) by holding down the power and camera buttons while pressing reset, then flash back to the stock ROM and radio by following steps 7-9. Then you might be able to load Olipro 2.4 again.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

ND4SPD is a n00b

Any chance of someone making up an SD relocker for those of us with bad USB ports?
Old 04-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker

nick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

alright well, i used this today after not correctly following the sprint radio ROM instructions

anyway it got it back to stock verizon, but now it wont let me save username and passwords for my data connection. called vzw and theyre just gonna send me a new one. i dunno if its a bug, but at least it got me back to stock ROM as promised(:
Old 04-21-2008, 02:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

azclown is keeping up the good workazclown is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick aguas View Post
alright well, i used this today after not correctly following the sprint radio ROM instructions

anyway it got it back to stock verizon, but now it wont let me save username and passwords for my data connection. called vzw and theyre just gonna send me a new one. i dunno if its a bug, but at least it got me back to stock ROM as promised(:
As far as I know, they are never "saved" in the phone. You enter it once and press ok.... it should work after that....
Old 04-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker

nick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by azclown View Post
As far as I know, they are never "saved" in the phone. You enter it once and press ok.... it should work after that....
thats what i thought too, but apparently not. or i just got an uninformed verizon tech. thats what he told me. and it seemed correct because none of the users or pass were correct. go figure.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:27 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

A by product of reverting back to stock from gps radio when you relock and load 2.09/radio 1.30.60 and let the vzw cabs run the radio refurbish cab breaks your akey, breaks the dmu authentication, but does a complete limetime call and data rx/tx wipe so your phone appears to be brand new with 0 talk time . However there is a big caution posted by imcokeman about potential underlying radio problems by reverting back.

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 04-22-2008 at 12:30 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development