PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 01:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800 - Tinkerbell's 29019 Rom
Carrier: Verizon

buddysousa is keeping up the good workbuddysousa is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5-01-11]Tinkerbell's 29019 Titan Rom TBN 39.92 [Verizon/Sprint/MetroPCS]

Thanks tink. Where would us titan owners be without you? Stranded is where
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: vx6800
Carrier: VZW

samuel1613 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Some noob questions for your new rom (assuming the data switch gets added and I take the plunge)
1. does this rom come with a radio or does it use the radio I already have? I have verizon and have radio 3.42.50 installed.
2. I assume since there are different roms for different carriers, the rom comes with the carrier "customizations" already done, so I don't need to do that step like I just did with my old DCD rom.
3. Does flashing to this rom cause a hard reset/loss of all data/programs (maybe flashing to any rom causes this and I just forgot about that).
4. Will I lose my verizon "connection" meaning I will have to call and get a new "a key" etc.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Threadstarter

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel1613 View Post
1. does this rom come with a radio or does it use the radio I already have? I have verizon and have radio 3.42.50 installed.
No, this Rom will not change your radio.
Quote:
2. I assume since there are different roms for different carriers, the rom comes with the carrier "customizations" already done, so I don't need to do that step like I just did with my old DCD rom.
Correct, just flash and go.
Quote:
3. Does flashing to this rom cause a hard reset/loss of all data/programs (maybe flashing to any rom causes this and I just forgot about that).
Yes. All custom Rom's clear your information upon flashing. There is a Backup program included with this Rom to make restoring your information and contacts easier!
Quote:
4. Will I lose my verizon "connection" meaning I will have to call and get a new "a key" etc.
No. Immediately after flashing you will be ready to go. It is super easy!

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:00 PM
N00b

Thank you, its funny how much you forget in 3 years...
Old 05-12-2011, 08:12 PM
N00b

I installed iNav, got it working, got it picking up satellites after installing GpsViewer. I am gonna do a soft reboot and tell you the steps I take, and time to get a GPS lock. Seems to be acting funny.

ok doing nothing but a soft reset, and running inav, it took about 8 minutes to get a lock. But I'm not sure if it is using your quick GPS to get the satellite locations, because my data was turned on while iNav was running. I need to look into that. Naturally without a data plan Verizon charges a million bucks a second if I use any data.

Ok confirmed. If I run iNav data connection turns on immediately, bummer...It must trigger the quick GPS program (I may uninstall that

But I turned the phone to airplane settings, and iNav lost signal. But then I turned on GPSviewer, and it found the satellites! and iNav regained connection!

Turned off GPSviewer, turned off iNav, turned on iNav and iNav got the satellites back...this is a tricky little phone.

So for right now I see myself - turning phone to airplane mode, turning gpsviewer on (to kickstart the GPS) turning iNav on, then turning the phone switch back on. This seems to work.

PS any mms sent or received also turns the data connection on. The workaround to getting the data connection off is just to turn it to airplane mode, then turn on the phone switch. That leaves the data connection off.

Last edited by samuel1613; 05-12-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:23 PM
N00b

Easy question, how do I get the pictures link on the home screen to go where I house my pictures, specifically, storage card > My documents > Pictures
Old 05-12-2011, 09:37 PM
N00b

Retraction below...

This is a minor complaint. It appears the "buttons" setting no longer allows you to assign 2 programs to the "voice command" button (one for a press, another for a hold), and it appears that though there is an option to assign 2 commands to the comm manager button, but the second command does not function (whatever VJCandelaLite is). That's kinda problematic, as I use my phone as a voice recorder (via holding the voice command button, and launching "keep recordin") and as a flashlight (via tapping the voice command button). Kinda a bummer that I can't do both at the push of a button.

Ok I am an idiot, the VJCandelaLite IS a flashlight program, and when I assigned MY flashlight program the the voice command button, I assumed the press and hold wasn't working (Ii thought it was just running my own flashlight program I had installed to the "tap" button) so all is well, and all commands function properly. Thank you.

I would still like to know how to aim the picture feature to a different location, and if a data switch can be added .

Last edited by samuel1613; 05-12-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:09 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
this is a tricky little phone.
Yes, this Rom was designed for those that have a data plan. Many of the functions of the Rom ask the phone to connect. Sorry. I designed it that way as I was under the false assumption that everyone has a data plan these days! I see that this is not true now!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:24 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Quote:
Easy question, how do I get the pictures link on the home screen to go where I house my pictures, specifically, storage card > My documents > Pictures
I am working on this, I have not run into this question before!

UPDATE: Okay, if you make a folder on the root of your storage card as \DCIM\100MEDIA the pictures application on the home screen (Titanium) will pick up those photos on your storage card as well. Happy viewing!

Last edited by Tinkerbell; 05-13-2011 at 11:54 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:21 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I am working on this, I have not run into this question before!
I have tried using the cHome editor in the utilities to edit the home screen, but it doesn't seem to be intuitive. Is there a guide to using it? Also iNav works great without data, but sometimes I can get it to crash the titan by switching into and out of it, basically a static iNAV screen gets frozen, and the phone is doing other things behind it, but because of the frozen screen I can't do anything but soft reboot

Final quesiton, I notice in your pics of this rom, you show the more standardized home screen, how do I get the phone to bring that up rather than the fancy scroller home screen that it uses now? I like how many tweaks are built into this rom (its like a new phone) but I'm not quite convinced that the fancyness of it beats the intuitiveness of SPB mobile shell.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development