PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

fcastro is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Sprint HTC Mogul & Extended ROM anyone explain this?

Hi all,

Ok I just updated my ROM from dcd 4.2 to RyanMoguls rom. In a thread over at xda he mentioned that Sprint has auto customizations that run on the extended rom which may conflict with the auto customizations that his rom runs after you reboot for the first time.

Does anyone know how to find out whether or not the mogul has those auto customization on it? Anyone have any tutorials I could read up? Info seems so scattered!
Old 01-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Sprint HTC Mogul & Extended ROM anyone explain this?

Ask him it would be easier since i don't know what he is stating exactly. He answers quickly
Old 01-11-2010, 05:33 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcastro View Post
Hi all,

Ok I just updated my ROM from dcd 4.2 to RyanMoguls rom. In a thread over at xda he mentioned that Sprint has auto customizations that run on the extended rom which may conflict with the auto customizations that his rom runs after you reboot for the first time.

Does anyone know how to find out whether or not the mogul has those auto customization on it? Anyone have any tutorials I could read up? Info seems so scattered!
Easiest way to tell what is in the extended rom is use a file explorer and look as see what is in the extended rom. I completely deleted my extended rom area on titan. I use it for files that I want to keep for everybuild and do not want on storage card. Like Pim backup or something. I believe dcd 4.2 has access to the extended rom partition.
If you cannot get to the extended rom through explorer then the access to it was not cooked in.

Why he might be saying this
He may be using something like tier autoinstall or autorun. which means on initial boot after flash it looks at storage card and extended rom for any cabs to install.
There may be some cabs in the extended rom area that will conflict with something he has included.

Last edited by mattsm; 01-11-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thumbs up Re: Sprint HTC Mogul & Extended ROM anyone explain this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Ask him it would be easier since i don't know what he is stating exactly. He answers quickly
He actually said to find out how to delete the extended rom somewhere else. But again I am not sure if I have an extended rom at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsm View Post
Easiest way to tell what is in the extended rom is use a file explorer and look as see what is in the extended rom. I completely deleted my extended rom area on titan. I use it for files that I want to keep for everybuild and do not want on storage card. Like Pim backup or something. I believe dcd 4.2 has access to the extended rom partition.
If you cannot get to the extended rom through explorer then the access to it was not cooked in.

Why he might be saying this
He may be using something like tier autoinstall or autorun. which means on initial boot after flash it looks at storage card and extended rom for any cabs to install.
There may be some cabs in the extended rom area that will conflict with something he has included.
mattsm so you think dcd's ROM actually wrote into the External ROM?

I think what you just mentioned makes the most sense. I noticed that after I install Ryan's rom I get the message that says auto customizations will run in 3 or 4 seconds. Then I see googlemaps and the manilla 2d software install. To test my theory I reflashed his rom and soft reset before the customization ran and when I booted up manilla 2d wasn't installed.

I must be reading very old threads (This is what sucks about the forums its bits and pieces and no one updates the wiki). From all the reading I have done over the last few days, everyone says that you cannot edit the extended rom permanently. That it resets after a hard reset.

If you delete the extended ROM what are the pro's and cons?

Thanks for your help so far guys, I thought I had this flashing stuff down pat. But this extended rom is a new snag.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:02 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

just go into the extended rom with file explorer or total commander and delete everything in it. Nothing that is contained in that partition is needed. Then after you have done that, do a hard reset and let the customizations run from his rom. A hard reset will not write anything back to that extended rom. Once the contents are deleted, It will be just like another partition of storage space that once you write to it, it will always be there no matter how many times you flash a rom, unless you delete the files that you put in it.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mattsm what is the path of the extended rom? I am in file explorer but don't see it. I also went into PHM Registry editor and did a search for extended and found nothing.

PS I found nueExtROM (ReadWrite to your extended ROM), which also makes the file visible.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:51 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcastro View Post
mattsm what is the path of the extended rom? I am in file explorer but don't see it. I also went into PHM Registry editor and did a search for extended and found nothing.

PS I found nueExtROM (ReadWrite to your extended ROM), which also makes the file visible.

ya, it needs to be made accessible first.
Then you will find it at this location:
mydevice\extendrom something like that, but it is in the mydevice directory
Old 01-11-2010, 09:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well just tried "Titan EXTROM Tools" cab as someone recommended. Installed rebooted and nothing. Is it possible that dcd rom erased the directory when I first installed it awhile back? Very odd indeed.

Last edited by fcastro; 01-12-2010 at 04:29 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development