PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G ACS FR 1.2
Carrier: Sprint

Jrojas is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Signal drops randomly, from 4-0!?!?

Does anyone else have this problem? Is it possible to fix this anyway? Without the mini signal towers you can buy lol the airwave or what not.
The help is much appreciated!

Jrojas Via Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Signal drops randomly, from 4-0!?!?

Did you already try updating your PRL? That's the first thing we do in the store....not that it really helps or not lol.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 10-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jrojas is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlGoneGeek View Post
Did you already try updating your PRL? That's the first thing we do in the store....not that it really helps or not lol.
No lie... I attemp updating the PRL every week.. lol haha. So I've been down that path. What else do they do to help improve signal at the store? Anything helps.

Jrojas Via Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I know the feeling. I'm working in a low signal area so I get this complaint all the time. We don't have technicians so that's about all we do. We update the profile, prl and check for firmware. Other than that, we send them to technicians. I'm sure some other geek will come help out soon
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jrojas is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlGoneGeek View Post
I know the feeling. I'm working in a low signal area so I get this complaint all the time. We don't have technicians so that's about all we do. We update the profile, prl and check for firmware. Other than that, we send them to technicians. I'm sure some other geek will come help out soon
Thank you very much!!

Jrojas Via Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2011, 10:37 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Unfortunately I think much of it comes down to the poor quality radios and/or radio interfacing software. My wife's E4G has this problem and it is her 4th one that has had this issue. I'm hoping to finally get her phone replaced with something different on monday.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!

I agree with ya mlin just didn't want to admit it Good to see you btw! Jrojas if you are just experiencing this at home or in the office, you can always call sprint and request one be sent free or with a discount due to no service at home. It's what we've done for some customers in our store and it keeps them happy.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:34 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Signals generally shouldn't drop from 4-0 instantly assuming you aren't moving (As there is a delay on refreshing) What radio are you currently using?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jrojas is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Signals generally shouldn't drop from 4-0 instantly assuming you aren't moving (As there is a delay on refreshing) What radio are you currently using?
It has done that while I've been sitting in my chair. Lol, how exactly do I figure out what radio I'm using, I'm sort of new to posting and really learning about the technical parts in my phone.

Thanks!

Jrojas Via Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!

To check what radio you go to settings > about phone > baseband version or build number

Most just go by the last 4 digits. Mine is Froyo.ECO5 and yours probably is too...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G