PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 02:24 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How is your 3G data speed compared to your old phone

I barely get 4G so 3G is actually faster for me. How is your 3G speed on your ET4G? Mine is tolerable but not nearly as fast as my EVO 3D. I don't drop calls and my calls aren't garbled like they were on the 3D so I don't miss my 3D but it was nice to get much faster data on the 3D.

How are your 3G speeds compared to your old phone?
Old 09-20-2011, 03:27 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: How is your 3G data speed compared to your old phone

well for reference.. what were your speeds like on the Evo3d? and what are your speeds like now?

IS the PRL you had on evo 3d the same as your et4g?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

deziking is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

well I'm comming from tp2, first day of the phone was today and was using 4g straight up and thing loaded like it would load on my home cpu with comcast. Very fast. but the battery gets drained so quick!
Old 09-20-2011, 09:14 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by deziking View Post
well I'm comming from tp2, first day of the phone was today and was using 4g straight up and thing loaded like it would load on my home cpu with comcast. Very fast. but the battery gets drained so quick!
yes, wimax requires a 2nd radio..so when using you are effectively running 2 radios at once..
Old 09-21-2011, 01:10 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

running 4g makes your phone use two radios at once but does it really need to suck all the battery life. My battery was at about 80% on 3g but once i connected to 4g 20minutes later it was already down to 50%

also why doesnt the phone turn off/disconnect the 3g radio when its connected with the 4g radio?

Old 09-21-2011, 04:28 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
running 4g makes your phone use two radios at once but does it really need to suck all the battery life. My battery was at about 80% on 3g but once i connected to 4g 20minutes later it was already down to 50%

also why doesnt the phone turn off/disconnect the 3g radio when its connected with the 4g radio?

yes, that is how it is and for a few reasons:

1) your running a fully separate chipset, cdma is built into the motherboard but wimax requires its own radio and its own amplifier, these waste more power.

2) Coverage is very spotty and signal tends to be weak, this uses more energy trying to maintain signal

3) Wimax uploading is not very energy efficient, this is fixed in wimax 2 but that is not what we have.

--

As for turning off 3g, using 3g uses more power then 1x..by using 1x and 4g at the same time it is conserving power. Plus what is the point of having both 3g and 4g at the same time? The 1x is there for phonecalls..if they had voice over wimax then even 1x may not be needed.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G