PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 02:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung epic
Carrier: sprint

djgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EC05 issue stock

GOT MY brand new EPIC back like 2months ago, if i rooted n threw a ROM i would have been blaming it on the ROM or kernel ..

cause my STOCK phone since having it has been laggin and some freezing ... i have reset it like 2ice in 2monthsRUNNING the stock eco5, is the eco5 worthless ??,

& which in ur estimation is better to use as a template for ROMS or kernel

agaiin my phone is completely STOCK i didnt root or ROM it yet cause i wanted to run thru the phone for awhile

but with the facebook stock runs slow, GPS ( which i use a lot ON THE WEEKENDS when traveling ) at points dnt get a lock, contacts i try to swipe from left to right in my favorite to make a call takes like multiple tries to swipe ..

i hope im not confusing any1 ... but RUNNING the stock eco5, is the eco5 worthless ??, can a different kernel help this problem ? which stock TEMPLAT is better usefull ....????

ANY HELP FROM ANY1 OR IDEAS is trully greatfulL ..... since finding this site beginning of the year it has been the most helpful site to be on ( not lik uh um ) thankx especially GTEN ...
Old 07-05-2011, 03:03 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: EC05 issue stock

what rom cause it looks like you flashed a "stock" EC05 but helps to know what tweaks cook put on. to me stock EC05 is the tar you odin so i dont think your really stock. what backup app are you using also?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

djgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
what rom cause it looks like you flashed a "stock" EC05 but helps to know what tweaks cook put on. to me stock EC05 is the tar you odin so i dont think your really stock. what backup app are you using also?
no no no my friend ......lol

MY PHONE IS FRESH OUT THE PACK FROM DAY 1 NOTHING ADDED besides games n 3rd party apps tweetcaster etc ... no flashing or odin ...

pHONE has just been glitchy .. if i need to odin a diff stock i would if i knew my issues wouldnt be so glitchy ... here is my problem -- if im having these problems with a brand new phone ... 2months old ... i feel it would defest the purpose of flashing a rom and have the same issues .. of lagging or programs taking forever to open .. or opening my contacts not reading my finger movement .... i know i can go to sprint and complain but we all know how that ends up ..........

OPERATOR: yes what is your problem
ME: blah blah blah
OPERATOR : Okay hold on let me transfer you
NEXT OPERATOR : yes what is your problem
ME: blah blah blah
OPERATOR : ok hold on let me transfer you

and so on an so on ........ bs
when u go back im just gonna ask for a new phone if i you guys run out of idea .. thanx for the help ............

i hope i made sense
Old 07-05-2011, 06:27 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

For GPS, get an app called GPS Status...now as for the freezing.let me confirm this..do you have a lot of data/contacts? if so the going EXT4 may help with that.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-05-2011, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
For GPS, get an app called GPS Status...now as for the freezing.let me confirm this..do you have a lot of data/contacts? if so the going EXT4 may help with that.

i will try the gps status ... thanx
Old 07-05-2011, 09:09 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

so sorry op, i missed the word "if" i rooted/flashed a rom in first post . any hard resets done? i would start there and see if it fixes anything.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

uo no i didnt do any HARD reset ....I HAVENT TRIED ANYTHING .... i just want to see if you guys can help first before i tried anything crazy .. like actually call sprint ...lol
Old 07-06-2011, 04:08 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgallis View Post
uo no i didnt do any HARD reset ....I HAVENT TRIED ANYTHING .... i just want to see if you guys can help first before i tried anything crazy .. like actually call sprint ...lol
well i would backup and hardreset, its a must soon as you get new or refurb device imo. after you backup don't restore backup till you see if issue is still there.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
well i would backup and hardreset, its a must soon as you get new or refurb device imo. after you backup don't restore backup till you see if issue is still there.

thanx dude will do ...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G