PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SPRINT EPIC 4G
Carrier: BOOST MOBILE

latinlover515 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Rooting SprintSamsung Tablet sph p100

please i need help on rooting a sprint [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]samsung[/COLOR][/COLOR] sph p100. the software base version is

firmware 2.2.1
baseband EB28
build number sph p100 EB28

I know this is the Epic forum but i had posted this thread in the correct area but like always nobody answers. and also since the tablet has almost the same specs of the epic thats why i post it in here to see if i get any help...

i had look just about everywhere with no luck. ths closet i found was super one click but it was from november i think . so i tought that it was too old so i didnt dare to try it bcuz i didnt know if that will kill or brick my tab. so i rather get the right version for this tab. since i reed that using te wrong root could brick the tab.. any help please please let me know thanks in advance..
Old 06-29-2011, 10:52 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Rooting SprintSamsung Tablet sph p100

Rooting all devices should be the same unless they are gingerbread...plus you should also have odin on your tab in worse case scenario..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Question Re: Rooting SprintSamsung Tablet sph p100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Rooting all devices should be the same unless they are gingerbread...plus you should also have odin on your tab in worse case scenario..

what u mean i hav odin on my tablet? the only odin app that i have is the one that use for odin my epic.. nowq i dont know if the same odin for epic is the same for my tablet and I dont know if what you ment was is that if i can use the same rooting or roots like one lclick 3.0.06 or what ever other roots that we use on our epic to root my tablet as well..
Old 06-30-2011, 04:15 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinlover515 View Post
what u mean i hav odin on my tablet? the only odin app that i have is the one that use for odin my epic.. nowq i dont know if the same odin for epic is the same for my tablet and I dont know if what you ment was is that if i can use the same rooting or roots like one lclick 3.0.06 or what ever other roots that we use on our epic to root my tablet as well..
same deal as epic to root, "oneclick" works fine. thought z4root also works?
Old 07-01-2011, 08:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
same deal as epic to root, "oneclick" works fine. thought z4root also works?
I HAD TRYED Z4ROOT AND WNT IT LOADED Y HIT PERMANENT ROT AND IT WAS WAITING FOR ROOTING OR WHAT VER WAS DOING. THEN AT THE END IT CLOSED BY IT SELF. MEANING IT DIDNT GO TROUGH. SO I OPEN IT AGAIN AND STARTED GIVING ME FORCE CLOSE. I KNOW IT WASNT ROOT SINCE I INSTALLED WIFI TETHER AND SAID MY DEVICE ITS NOT ROOTED OR SOME CRAP. SO THAT WHY I CAM HERE TO SEE IF I CAN USE ANY OF THE EPIC ROOTS TO ROOT MY TABLET. SEE THE GOOD QUESTION IS I DONT KNOW IFTHE TABLET EFS OR EXT4 PARTTIONS? I KNOW ITS A FACTORY STOCK TAB.. IAM ASKING CUZ I DONT WANT TO INSTALL A ROOT TO THIS THING WITH THE WRONG ROOT THEN ILL END UP WITH NO BOOTING OPERATING SYSTEM DUE TO THAT ROOT CONVERTED EFS TO EXT4 AND THE THING WONT BE ABLE TO BOOT. THEN I WONT BE ABLE TO FIND A CUSTOM ROM FOR THIS THING EATHER.. I THINK..
Old 07-01-2011, 09:43 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

use the generic super one click root..it doesnt have any ext conversions or clockwork or anything extra built in jut root..
Old 07-01-2011, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
use the generic super one click root..it doesnt have any ext conversions or clockwork or anything extra built in jut root..

Thank gten but where can I gget that? I would like to have root as well since thats a good feature. I just need the right root with clockwork for this tablet. Thanks like always . As I type iam on my tablet lol
Old 07-01-2011, 05:07 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinlover515 View Post
Thank gten but where can I gget that? I would like to have root as well since thats a good feature. I just need the right root with clockwork for this tablet. Thanks like always . As I type iam on my tablet lol
[APP]SuperOneClick v1.9.5 (Root, Unroot, Enable Non-Market App) - xda-developers
Old 07-03-2011, 07:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Cool Re: Rooting SprintSamsung Tablet sph p100

thanks GTEN i love you man. Thanks. believe it or not i downloaded that zip but i didnt dare using it cuz i dont know if that would brick my tab. but since you confirmed that this rooting method works then i rooted my tab with it. thanks BIG MAN
Old 07-04-2011, 02:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Does oneclick have unroot like z4 does ?

Sent from my E3D using tapatalk

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G