PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

yahknow1 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen burn-in, anyone else getting this?

Lately I've been noticing a very faint ghost of a rectangle burnt into the center of my display. At first I wasn't sure if it was an image burnt in, or an actual defect on(under) the display? If it was image burn-in, I wasn't sure which image could make this rectangle - exactly centered, that size? and in the middle of the display? I woke up this morning with the answer! After charging all night the rectangle that told me - "charging complete" was displayed and it was BRIGHT WHITE and EXACTLY the same size as the burnt in image.

…So thanks a lot Samstung for ruining my display with your stupid banner ad telling me my battery was fully charged! Now my question is would this be covered under warranty?

Is anyone else getting the same window shaped burn-in? You don't see it until you run an app that has a white or light background then, whoops, there it is!!
Old 05-31-2011, 02:43 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Screen burn-in, anyone else getting this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahknow1 View Post
Lately I've been noticing a very faint ghost of a rectangle burnt into the center of my display. At first I wasn't sure if it was an image burnt in, or an actual defect on(under) the display? If it was image burn-in, I wasn't sure which image could make this rectangle - exactly centered, that size? and in the middle of the display? I woke up this morning with the answer! After charging all night the rectangle that told me - "charging complete" was displayed and it was BRIGHT WHITE and EXACTLY the same size as the burnt in image.

…So thanks a lot Samstung for ruining my display with your stupid banner ad telling me my battery was fully charged! Now my question is would this be covered under warranty?

Is anyone else getting the same window shaped burn-in? You don't see it until you run an app that has a white or light background then, whoops, there it is!!
exact reason i disable that "pop up". most custom roms have it cooked in but tell sprint/samsung its there fault and send you a new epic.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:11 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

What happens is this..in AMOLED each pixel has a certain amount of lifespan..

Blue=50,000 hours
Red=100,000 hours
Green=200,000 hours (or 250,000 but around there)

White uses up all 3..

as you use your display, the brightness of the pixels begin to fade little by little...once its lifespan runs out it will be at 50% of the original brightness...

Usually your display wears at around same rate all around so its not noticeable...but there is cases like yours where it causes uneven fading...

You can try and see if they replace it..if not you can make an inverted image of what you have and run it until fading evens out again..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-31-2011, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Threadstarter

yahknow1 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
exact reason i disable that "pop up". most custom roms have it cooked in but tell sprint/samsung its there fault and send you a new epic.
Well, how did you disable the pop-up? where would I find that setting, do you remember?
Old 05-31-2011, 04:56 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahknow1 View Post
Well, how did you disable the pop-up? where would I find that setting, do you remember?
its not a setting..you gotta apply a mod in clockwork to remove it...or run a custom rom with it already removed.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:28 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

yeah try a custom rom and it will remove that annoying pop up message, CIQ, lag, and bloatware

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G