PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 04:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder
Froyo Roll Call! (Did you get the OTA?)

Calling all Epic owners running stock! Did you get the OTA update to Froyo yet?

IF you did, state your location, time/date of update, your update experience and impressions so far!

If you find any bugs, please post them on Gten's thread

Did I help? The is down to the right

Last edited by Wunder; 02-21-2011 at 05:02 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:56 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Froyo Roll Call! (Did you get the OTA?)

It was here on my phone in hershey pa at 11:48am but im on dk28 so it said"error contact carrier" lol
Old 02-21-2011, 06:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samung Galaxy S/Epic

DawnofDae is a n00b

My phone attempted to update at a little past 4AM. I'm in Florida. Nothing let me know it was successful or unsuccessful; it took less than a minute. Then several of my applications wanted updating, so I did that. I checked and I still had 2.1; restarted phone and still nothing.

I heard that all the original applications have to be on the phone for the OTA update to succeed. Since I got the device in December, I really have no idea what I've thrown out in order to save memory since I can't install apps to memory card. Still. Any suggestions?
Old 02-21-2011, 07:09 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnofDae View Post
My phone attempted to update at a little past 4AM. I'm in Florida. Nothing let me know it was successful or unsuccessful; it took less than a minute. Then several of my applications wanted updating, so I did that. I checked and I still had 2.1; restarted phone and still nothing.

I heard that all the original applications have to be on the phone for the OTA update to succeed. Since I got the device in December, I really have no idea what I've thrown out in order to save memory since I can't install apps to memory card. Still. Any suggestions?
Since this is your first just to confirm, you rooted your device and removed the stock apps?

If the answer is yes and you have no backups, then you can always make a backup of your data and Odin to DI18.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-21-2011, 07:11 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:

Odin di18 and yes all sprint crap needs to be on phone to update. Why cant you dl to sd and also thats not needed to dl apps but still see your point.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Threadstarter

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder

Quote:

Stock apps: [Files & Guide] All *.apks & Framework / Apps safe to remove - xda-developers
Old 02-21-2011, 07:20 AM
acs tester

Di18 link if anybody needs it.
[Flashable .ZIP] Users WHO DO NOT WANT TO USE ODIN to return to stock DI18 for 2.2.1 - xda-developers
Old 02-21-2011, 07:20 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Ok guys Im prob gonna go sleep for maybe 3-4 hours...before I go I want to leave you with this, if you get the update I "think" the procedure is like this...

Before you install it..

plug phone into pc with usb debug mode on..

go into the folder where you have adb installed or where you extracted the 1 click root that you might have in command prompt.

then type:

adb logcat >logcat.txt

(it should not give any errors)

Do not close the command prompt window..and find the file logcat.txt in your adb folder, once there start the upgrade download..it theoretically should have the url in there to the zip in the logcat.txt...

URL should look something like this:
Code:
http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/sprint_samsung_d700/1506bdf2e04b.update-SPH-D700_DI18ToDK28.zip
(That was the DK28 URL)

Last edited by gTen; 02-21-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samung Galaxy S/Epic

DawnofDae is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Since this is your first just to confirm, you rooted your device and removed the stock apps?

If the answer is yes and you have no backups, then you can always make a backup of your data and Odin to DI18.
No, I did not root the device, I just removed some Sprint stock and other stuff I wouldn't use, like chat things.

And I do not know what Dl18 is....

Yes I realize I don't belong in this forum, , but I posted over on the Sprint forum about getting the download and was pointed here to give my experience. I really wasn't heading here to ask for help as I'm more the type to read what's already there, but I saw no one had gotten the update, so that's how I wound up begging for advice I don't know how to follow.

Umm, carry on
Old 02-21-2011, 08:46 AM
acs tester

Quote:
No, I did not root the device, I just removed some Sprint stock and other stuff I wouldn't use, like chat things.

And I do not know what Dl18 is....

Yes I realize I don't belong in this forum, , but I posted over on the Sprint forum about getting the download and was pointed here to give my experience. I really wasn't heading here to ask for help as I'm more the type to read what's already there, but I saw no one had gotten the update, so that's how I wound up begging for advice I don't know how to follow.

Umm, carry on
Why dont you belong in this forum? Di18 is firmware your on but I posted link to put it back with all sprint crap so you get update.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G