PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Clockwork Question...

Have a quick question... I installed Baked Snack's Step 2 kernel on a stock DI18 2.1 ROM, and now phone won't boot past Samsung home screen... I can boot into clockwork though... issue is that I don't have a ROM zipped and already on the SD card... how do I get one on there via clockwork? I tried to mount SD, and a few other options, but nothing is currently working... plugging in USB doesn't do anything on boot because I can't click on the storage option to see the external drive... if I can boot the external via clockwork, I can either flash back to regular kernel, or install a new ROM and fix the issue... any advice would be greatly appreciated... as it stands now, phone is catatonic essentially... Thx
Old 12-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Clockwork Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_c_s View Post
Have a quick question... I installed Baked Snack's Step 2 kernel on a stock DI18 2.1 ROM, and now phone won't boot past Samsung home screen... I can boot into clockwork though... issue is that I don't have a ROM zipped and already on the SD card... how do I get one on there via clockwork? I tried to mount SD, and a few other options, but nothing is currently working... plugging in USB doesn't do anything on boot because I can't click on the storage option to see the external drive... if I can boot the external via clockwork, I can either flash back to regular kernel, or install a new ROM and fix the issue... any advice would be greatly appreciated... as it stands now, phone is catatonic essentially... Thx
Do you have a card reader on your computer? If so add the rom zip to the card and re-insert into your phone. If not you can use odin and then add the rom zip to the card. Good luck.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:22 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

yes. card reader or any other device that may act like one(ie old phone)
also this does not belong in upgrades.
all questions go in general. upgrades is for rom releases and themes.
kthanxbai

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by wudstock54 View Post
Do you have a card reader on your computer? If so add the rom zip to the card and re-insert into your phone. If not you can use odin and then add the rom zip to the card. Good luck.
Will Odin see the phone when I plug in USB if phone does not boot up past Samsung screen? Thanks for the suggestion, maybe will try this later... no, don't have a card reader handy...

Does anyone have suggestions on ways I can make my SD Card visible via Clockwork? Don't have access to Odin until I get home hours from now and phone is essentially a paperweight in the meantime...

Thx
Old 12-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
yes. card reader or any other device that may act like one(ie old phone)
also this does not belong in upgrades.
all questions go in general. upgrades is for rom releases and themes.
kthanxbai

Sorry about post in wrong section... given it was focused on clockwork was not sure which area was appropriate... Thx
Old 12-08-2010, 04:34 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Sorry about post in wrong section... given it was focused on clockwork was not sure which area was appropriate... Thx
goes here, moved.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

If I mount SD card in clockwork should I be able to see it? If so, I can't for some reason... does anyone conversant in Clockword have any advice on what I need to click on to be able to see my SD on a PC? There must be a way... Thx
Old 12-08-2010, 04:57 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
If I mount SD card in clockwork should I be able to see it? If so, I can't for some reason... does anyone conversant in Clockword have any advice on what I need to click on to be able to see my SD on a PC? There must be a way... Thx
turn of debugging (settings/applications/development)then usb connect phone to pc then choose "mass storage", find it on pc.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
turn of debugging (settings/applications/development)then usb connect phone to pc then choose "mass storage", find it on pc.
Darren, phone does not boot past Samsung boot splash... all I can do is boot into manual clockwork... what setting in clockwork can I try to make the SD card visible so I can copy a zip to it and flash to another kernel like Phoenix that will work with stock... Thx
Old 12-08-2010, 05:18 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Darren, phone does not boot past Samsung boot splash... all I can do is boot into manual clockwork... what setting in clockwork can I try to make the SD card visible so I can copy a zip to it and flash to another kernel like Phoenix that will work with stock... Thx
sorry i missed that part somewhere, just pull sdcard pop it in adaptor then put it in pc and drag rom zip over then flash it.

how did you get where your at now?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G