PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 10:09 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Samsung keeps up with it's long line of not upgrading phones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkny View Post
I understand when you say blame sprint but why would they even have a development team testing out the Intercept froyo before testing out the epic froyo.
More revenue is generated from the epic subscribers and I assume most folks on the intercept didn't even mind if froyo ever came out for their phone.
Its because Intercept came out first I guess...my guess is they had Intercept for quite a while and just got around to doing it...

Quote:
A lot more noise is also coming from the epic community then the intercept community when it comes to the froyo debate. Sprint also released froyo in a timely manner for the EVO which i understand is their flagship phone, but the epic is also considered their top tier phone.

This doesn't make any sense unless not many epics.
The EVO they were trying to beat the other guys to Froyo and establish a brand for it...the Epic to sprint is not as interesting because Galaxy S phones are on every carrier..and their version has a kb..which after steve jobs speach kb phones are considered a "niche market"..

Not to mention, most people are quick to blame Samsung and not Sprint..so Sprint isn't in any hurry..I mean realistically if the fire was on Sprint you would see us upgraded to gingerbread by now...

A lot of people blame manufacturers which don't get me wrong are responsible but if enough fire is put on the carrier they would force the manufacturers to release updates and faster..they have that kind of influence..I mean if it were up to Samsung they would release i9000 models to everyone use Kies, give us TV-out and tethering...but each carrier forced them to customize the phone for them..that goes to show how powerful the carriers really are..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 01-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Samsung promises dual-core smartphones, new tablets for MWC 2011 -- Engadget

HEY *******, PUT FROYO ON MY EPIC 4G FIRST.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I wouldn't hold my breath for this, but I heard the latest release was EA04, so two more weeks of waiting begins...Now!

At this rate Samsung should just start naming their updates FU something something, this has more meaning eh?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero w/ Custom ROM

celsius0010 is keeping up the good workcelsius0010 is keeping up the good work

Well thats why we come here.. Im not waiting for them.. I wish the Shift had a bigger screen and front cam...
Old 01-08-2011, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS
my wifes intercept just got froyo OTA today, hopefully the epic is right around the corner...

Sent from my Epic 4g using Tapatalk Pro.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Angry Re: Samsung keeps up with it's long line of not upgrading phones!

Probably old news in here but I'm just dumbfounded how horrible Samsung support truly is...

Samsung Vibrant Plus Will Offer 21+ Mbps 4G Speeds | TmoNews - Unofficial T-Mobile Blog - News, Videos, Articles and more

So basically lets take a current phone, change the radio in it, upgrade the OS to 2.2 and re-release the phone. How is it that they can do all this which seems at lot more labor intensive but upgrading the OS only is taking so long and this phone will probably see the light of day before FROYO does on the rest of the existing line??

WTF, really?!

Dis-friggin-graceful
Old 01-12-2011, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS
Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
Probably old news in here but I'm just dumbfounded how horrible Samsung support truly is...

Samsung Vibrant Plus Will Offer 21+ Mbps 4G Speeds | TmoNews - Unofficial T-Mobile Blog - News, Videos, Articles and more

So basically lets take a current phone, change the radio in it, upgrade the OS to 2.2 and re-release the phone. How is it that they can do all this which seems at lot more labor intensive but upgrading the OS only is taking so long and this phone will probably see the light of day before FROYO does on the rest of the existing line??

WTF, really?!

Dis-friggin-graceful
I'm not sure why you're ragging on samsung???? the hold up isn't on them. there are MANY posts explaining that the hold up is with sprint and that samsung has released froyo for the galaxy s long ago. let's stop all the samsung bashing....it's getting tired and really overdone.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliS View Post
I'm not sure why you're ragging on samsung???? the hold up isn't on them. there are MANY posts explaining that the hold up is with sprint and that samsung has released froyo for the galaxy s long ago. let's stop all the samsung bashing....it's getting tired and really overdone.

So by using your logic your saying TMobile will approve this new phones OS but not it's current one? That doesn't sound very logical to me, if Samsung made a WORKING OS it would get approved. Please explain my flawed logic why it's the carriers fault, what could be different in this phone that gets approved vs the phone that currently exists?
Old 01-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliS View Post

How's this for the latest conspiracy theory...

http://www.examiner.com/gadgets-in-s...t-froyo-update

http://forum.androidcentral.com/show...612#post527612

http://androidspin.com/2011/01/12/br...world-hostage/

Last edited by testacon; 01-13-2011 at 01:07 PM. Reason: added more links

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G