PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2010, 10:49 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Are you satisfied with the keyboard?

Those with the missing keys issue...I want you to try disabling Swype and see if that helps.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-19-2010, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

crazaytalent is keeping up the good workcrazaytalent is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I came from basic touch pro also... skipped tp2 because it wasnt enough of an advance to make the switch... Personally i love the keyboard... light years beyond touch pro... and now when i look back at my touch pro, i hve no clue how i ever used that thing, tiny plastic buttons(which always had problems) and the screen seems so smal now...lol

But i will admit when im typing super fast on HWkeyboard, it does miss some button presses... it can be annoying, but its not really a deal beaker... I fond i have to be typing very fast for that to happen... but on averag at a normal pace... its perfect... also I use my keyboard quite a bit... Im not that crazy about swype... mostly ony use it if im up and on the go and can only use one hand... but if i can use both hands or if im actually in a rush for text input... or even when needing to type professionally, i.e. returning important email or document editing... hw keyboard is soo much better, and even faster, because it more accurate for me... even at high sppeds where it may skip a few key presses... not hard to use arrow key to go back and correct... but swype often misinterprets my entry, auto corrects to the wrong word... or has multiple choices pop up which i either have to search in the pop up list to choose or re swype... I find that to be more of a pain personally
Old 11-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

ill give it a try gten and let u know how it works out. sprint is sending me another epic though because of this issue. I let it be for a while and just dealt with it .. I'm so hoping, although not expecting device #6 to not repeat issue

Last edited by dumpringz; 11-19-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:27 AM
Almost a VIP

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

i disabled swype and i cant believe how well this damn keyboard is working now .. its not perfection but is so much better .. i uncheck swype but after some time it rechecks itself . . whats that about ?
Old 11-21-2010, 03:00 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post

i disabled swype and i cant believe how well this damn keyboard is working now .. its not perfection but is so much better .. i uncheck swype but after some time it rechecks itself . . whats that about ?
hmm..how long did this take? did you reset the phone at all in between?

Also..did you not only disable swype but also set Android KB as your default?

IF this is the issue then maybe a script that disables swype when pulling out the KB and then re-enables it when KB is docked in may work :/
Old 11-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Almost a VIP

i havent reset the phone since ... i only know how to uncheck, or check it in the settings, assuming that's the way to set it to default ... when I used to play with settings in hopes to improve physical keyboard n trying to keep android keyboard unchecked, it to would always recheck itself. ... the thing is swype still isnt the keyboard that comes up even though its checked. i typed this entire response with the keyboard, not being able to see my entry area but just typing fast & with accuracy i have not one mistake where as before every 3rd to 4th word would be missing letters
Old 11-21-2010, 09:18 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:

i havent reset the phone since ... i only know how to uncheck, or check it in the settings, assuming that's the way to set it to default ... when I used to play with settings in hopes to improve physical keyboard n trying to keep android keyboard unchecked, it to would always recheck itself. ... the thing is swype still isnt the keyboard that comes up even though its checked. i typed this entire response with the keyboard, not being able to see my entry area but just typing fast & with accuracy i have not one mistake where as before every 3rd to 4th word would be missing letters
Nice!

When you go into settings there is a checkbox to enable Swype and then there is an option to choose which keyboard to use by default Android or Swype.

Also..even after swype is re-enabled the issue disapears? or comes back?
Old 11-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Almost a VIP

when it rechecks itself it seems like it comes back but not nearly as severe .. thing is im not always certain at what point it comes back i just happened to check periodically when it would skip again ..... i still dont see the setting that specifys default setting ... unless the word "default" just isnt there.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:27 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:

when it rechecks itself it seems like it comes back but not nearly as severe .. thing is im not always certain at what point it comes back i just happened to check periodically when it would skip again ..... i still dont see the setting that specifys default setting ... unless the word "default" just isnt there.
Oh I see..its called "Select Input Method".
Old 11-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Almost a VIP

it keeps checking itself . . idk how to stop it at this point so i suppose it is what it is

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G