PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Themes & Mods
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2011, 09:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7
Carrier: Sprint

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking [MOD] 15% below battery fix for camera and video *Updated 03/30/2011*

k0nane has got the camera/camcorder and music player and video player working.

[MOD]*solved* Kill full battery popups/fix for apps that close on low battery level - Page 6 - xda-developers

Please show your appreication and try out his new Rom when you get the chance "The SyndicateROM Frozen 1.1.0". Please refer to post #6 for more details.

First off I take no credit for coming up with the solution to this problem!!! Check out the link for the real true genuis: k0anne.

[MOD]*solved* Kill full battery popups/fix for apps that close on low battery level - Page 2 - xda-developers

The soluation can be found on post 14.

Anyways I am just posting it over here so you can find it quickly and you don't have to go look all over the place to find the soluation. Attached below is the zip file just wipe the partiation cache and the dalvik cache and install the zip file after the fix the permissions for good measure. Reboot and you are done. This work on my Samsung Epic before on the previous midnight roms so, I don't see why it should not work again. Below is the zip file you need to install good luck and comment whether or not it work for you.

Update: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post12533652

This is what k0nane wrote, "I've removed the close on low battery from the Music app and the camera/camcorder. I haven't done the video player yet. The fixes will be in SyndicateROM Frozen 1.1.0, and I'll post them standalone soon after. raiderep, could you find me in the channel in my signature some time?"

Below is a working camera/camcorder and video mod. I extracted from The Syndicate Rom Frozen 1.1 please thank k0anne for the mod. I please test it out. I know it is fully functional but I copied the camera, music and video apk into the system file of the rom I am using by opening the zip file of the Rom and replace or add the files into the system file. Afterward you flash the Rom and you are good to go.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Camera.apk (2.25 MB, 23 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: apk MusicPlayer.apk (5.24 MB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: apk VideoPlayer.apk (493.0 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: apk Mms.apk (737.9 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip acs-ec05-battmodapps.zip (7.79 MB, 11 views) Click for barcode!

Please don't forget to thank me.

Last edited by jamice4u; 03-30-2011 at 06:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:30 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Fix for disabled camera and video when battery is below 15%.

works on midnight EC05, nice find.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Thumbs up Re: Fix for disabled camera and video when battery is below 15%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
works on midnight EC05, nice find.
Thanks!!

I will be draining my battery today using my cell phone to tether via 4g all day to see if the 15% battery pop up showup. I believe this should come standard in all custom Roms. Also I discovered that the external camera programs like camera fx you can use the camera while you are using the phone to make a phone call. I picture quality is crappy but you can still use the camera while making a phone call.

Last edited by jamice4u; 03-26-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Fix for disabled camera and video when battery is below 15%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamice4u View Post
Thanks!!

I will be draining my battery today using my cell phone to tether via 4g all day to see if the 15% battery pop up showup. I believe this should come standard in all custom Roms. Also I discovered that the external camera programs like camera fx you can use the camera while you are using the phone to make a phone call. I picture quality is crappy but you can still use the camera while making a phone call.
I drained my battery and confirmed that this modification does not work with the EC05 modem firmware. I opened up the zip file and noticed that it had an EB13 CW folder maybe is needs an EC05 folder with the corrected programming in it. Anyways can somebody take a look at this file and see it can be fixed. I will postmark the original post and see it he can update the file so when can have our camera working below 15%. Otherwise the external programs like retro camera and camera fx work for now. I can confirm the camera quality on camera fx is not as good as the stock camera.

Update: Ok I kinda got it to work I delete the camera app using the sda stock app remover. Afterward I copied the modified application into the midnight rom extras Standard zip file and remove the previous camera application that was in the zip file. The application work but it messed up the camera's zoom feature and made the camera unstable. I was able to take pictures but the camera was not working 100% I am going to post the standard stock camera and video player in raiderp post and see if he will take the time to fix this bug afterward I will keep you guys updated.

Last edited by jamice4u; 03-26-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:31 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: 15% below battery fix for camera and video on the Samsung Epic.

well it worked for me on robs latest, no tweaks or nothing.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: 15% below battery fix for camera and video on the Samsung Epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
well it worked for me on robs latest, no tweaks or nothing.
The SyndicateRom Frozen 1.1 Has the camera fix included in the Rom with all these other goodie too.

Please Thank k0anne for all his hard work.

[ROM][ACS] SyndicateROM Frozen 1.1.0 (Takiya) :: EC05/1.3ghz/NoCheckboarding :: 3/27 - xda-developers

Tweaks and bugfixes in SyndicateROM Frozen and the Twilight Zone kernel include:
  • any and all lag completely destroyed
  • Network speeds at their peak - no throttle service, buffers adjusted
  • 3G, 4G, and WiFi are stable
  • Video recording issues have been resolved
  • RNDIS no longer conflicts with ADB
  • 1xRTT properly displays, instead of the erroneous 3G icon
  • The Sprint HTTPPD and RTSP proxies have been completely removed
  • The 'battery full' popup and sound has been removed
  • SMS/MMS messages and email have been removed from the call log
  • A restart button has been added to the shutdown menu
  • "AM" and "PM" have been removed from the clock
  • Did we mention Carrier IQ is gone?
  • Twilight Zone is overclocked to 1.2ghz by default, and undervolted at 1.0ghz
  • Twilight Zone features optimizations from 2.6.34, and many optimizations for the Cortex A8
  • Animations correctly smoothed
  • Transition animation speed automatically set to fast on first boot, completely user-adjustable after
  • Hardware keyboard response improved
  • Loud boot sound removed
  • GT-I9000 fingerprint to allow protected apps in the Market
  • Ads in apps and websites blocked
  • Bluetooth voice dialing fixed
all the goodness added up to this point
based on EC05
removed low battery killers in camera, music, video players
added Flash Player 10.2
added Adobe Reader
added modified CM6 browser (window limit gone, Incognito Mode available, no checkerboarding)
added TWS display fix
modified calendar widget
added AppWidgetPicker
shutdown sound removed
all apps up to date
updated to Twilight Zone 1.1.0
(kernel) back to basics with fresh EC05 source and codesourcery 2009q3 toolchain
(kernel) Voodoo Sound 6
(kernel) 1.3ghz new top speed
(kernel) 600mhz step added for smoother scaling at stock frequencies
(kernel) conservative governor is fixed. (On Demand is still default)
(kernel) adjustable hardware keyboard patch
(kernel) tun.ko added to modules for VPN support
(kernel) framerate cap raised to 72fps
(kernel) DVSINT1 raised to 1.125v for higher clocks and better stability
(kernel) sports mode back and working for the camera
(kernel) sysfs interface for scaling_available_frequencies
Old 03-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Updated 03/30/2011 15% below battery fix for camera and video on the Samsung Epic

I just wanted to get an update k0anne fixed 15% camera bug.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:29 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: [MOD] 15% below battery fix for camera and video *Updated 03/30/2011*

Moved to proper section

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-31-2011, 01:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: [MOD] 15% below battery fix for camera and video *Updated 03/30/2011*

Midnight Rom has the camera, music player and video player mod. Please check out his website at lostandtired.com you and find it under his android development section.

NOTE: There are two patches. Please install the correct Patch based on the midNIGHT ROM v5 you are using.
NOTE: This is a PATCH upgrade. This is not a stand alone ROM. You need to have a midNIGHT v5 ROM installed prior.
NOTE: It’s NOT advised to let your battery completely die when using a ROM with Journaling OFF.
NOTE: Keep in mind that the battery modded apps WILL function until the battery is completely dead.
Change Log: Based on Bonsai v4.0.1
New boot and shutdown animations (Thanks optmsprim2)
New kernel (Thanks to Bonsai)
Battery modded apps no longer close at 15% battery: Thanks to k0nane)
-music player
-video player
-camera
Clock is restored to notification bar (Thanks to Bonsai)
Stock Framework
Removed 1% battery mod (flash a theme if you want it back)
Added reboot option to stock framework (Thank to MysteryEmotionz for the Policy.jars)
Modem will now upgrade DI18 AND EB13 to EC05 (HUGE THANKS to Bonsai)
AppWidgetPicker Updated (Thanks boombuler)
Voodoo Sound (Thanks to Bonsai)
Added Voodoo control app to data (removable)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Themes & Mods

Tags
15% battery fix, battery, camera mod, samsung epic, video mod