PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 02:50 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: [ROM] ED12 - Leaked GINGERBREAD Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
This was just released late yesterday, so people will need some time to play with it before they know what the battery life is.

Sent from my Epic 4G running the midNIGHT rom via Tapatalk
it is a stock rom with all bloatware so it might be a little off but time will tell on that one. its not slowing my fun down any. lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I'll load it, but saying "simple flash" is a mis-statement since I have to reload all my apps again again again again each time I re-load a new rom.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Almost a VIP

hm... my download is paused on moden.bin and hanging for ever...
Old 04-28-2011, 06:37 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
I'll load it, but saying "simple flash" is a mis-statement since I have to reload all my apps again again again again each time I re-load a new rom.
Backup with Titanium or MyBackupPro, Flash, Restore. Seems pretty simple to me.

I'd try it myself, but I'm working on a theme update on EC05.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:26 PM
Almost a VIP

does not work. you have to go through each individual application and install it. Just to try it out, I installed from titanium... and what happens, that app doesn't show up in "myapps" in marketplace. I have to install through market place and then restore data through titanium. PITA.

Also, I have to re-set up my desktop widgets and icons the way I like them.
Also, I have to re-connect all my contacts together that have different names in fb/google/exchange.
Also, I have to add all my accounts to it (fb/google/exchange).

anyhow, I like gingerbread so much better than froyo. It connects to office 2010 so much better. it says I can send txts from office, but I don't think they are going through. actually, they are going through, but they don't show up in my SMS history so it's not working for me.

RFS (or this rom) is slow to do a lot of things. I notice the KB is slow to load and anything going to-from the screen like menus is slow to load. Loading 3K txt took a long time.

Exchange PIN policy seems to have the bugs worked out? The screen hasn't PIN locked on me yet which I like. I would set it to 5 minutes.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:27 PM
Almost a VIP

man... a midnight version of this (or 2.3.4 for videocon gtalk) would be the bomb.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:58 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

I'm going to try it after I get my theme update done. I don't want to do the extra flashes right now.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:45 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
does not work. you have to go through each individual application and install it. Just to try it out, I installed from titanium... and what happens, that app doesn't show up in "myapps" in marketplace. I have to install through market place and then restore data through titanium. PITA.

Also, I have to re-set up my desktop widgets and icons the way I like them.
Also, I have to re-connect all my contacts together that have different names in fb/google/exchange.
Also, I have to add all my accounts to it (fb/google/exchange).

anyhow, I like gingerbread so much better than froyo. It connects to office 2010 so much better. it says I can send txts from office, but I don't think they are going through. actually, they are going through, but they don't show up in my SMS history so it's not working for me.

RFS (or this rom) is slow to do a lot of things. I notice the KB is slow to load and anything going to-from the screen like menus is slow to load. Loading 3K txt took a long time.

Exchange PIN policy seems to have the bugs worked out? The screen hasn't PIN locked on me yet which I like. I would set it to 5 minutes.
so not true, i used titanium and my backup pro and both restored all my shit just fine, not one fc except voicemail and that was my issue cause i tried new modem.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung epic
Threadstarter

djgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good workdjgallis is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

titanium Backup works fine for me every time .....
Old 04-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Almost a VIP

ok, please tell me how to restore my contact connections between fb/google/exchange through titanium. I would really like at least that.
Please, tell me how to restore all my widgets to where they were.
Please, tell me how to restore all my accounts.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development