PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 02:00 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT v2.0.6(Froyo DK28) New Goodies (FIXED AOSP LOCKSCREEN) 12/15/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblack View Post
...I was thinking about flashing here from the original DK28 2.2.1 but I wanted to ask first:

Can one tell me what significant (or noticeable) modifications were made to this "kernel" rom other than the Theme compared to the original Official "Unofficial" DK28 2.2.1 Stock Beta rom?

2nd question.. does the hot spot work right out the box?
Everything Zipaligns prior to each boot.
Custom Boot animation/sound
tweaked for performance/great battery life
Kernel is made mammon88

Just flash it if your curious. That's the only way you are going to know
As far as Hotspot goes, it should work but I don't use it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to savior02
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT v2.0.6(Froyo DK28) Apps moved to data 12/15/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
New ROM is up guys. I tried to listen to everyone's biggest complaints. I removed the Android keyboard and replaced it with the Samsung keyboard. Also moved launcher pro to DATA. Now you have a choice between Stock and Launcher Pro on first boot. I also added Astro file explorer to the data folder as well. LauncherPro and Astro are both uninstallable.

Check out the OP for details. Also please FOLLOW THE NEW INSTRUCTIONS in the first post.

Also the issue with the dialer people are talking about seems to be a Froyo thing. I haven't experienced it myself but I have heard of others on other ROMs having the same issue.....

Thanks for the support. Also barring a major Froyo Base update or show stopping bug in this build (which I haven't experienced) this might be the last update until after my sons surgery on the 20th....

Thanks again for all the support and to Johnny for the sweet Banner....
thank you! and good luck with his surgery!

Old 12-15-2010, 02:06 PM
ptfdmedic

Thumbs up Re: [ROM] midNIGHT v2.0.6(Froyo DK28) New Goodies (FIXED AOSP LOCKSCREEN) 12/15/2010

OK. The ROM is up in post 2 along with Screens....Shortly after I originally posted this morning the fix for the AOSP lockscreen came out. I figured I would integrate that into the ROM instead of flashing it later. Hope you guys like this...

I tried my best to address all the concerns posted here. The 2 or 3 main concerns I have heard the most is adding the samsung keyboard as the default, making Launcher Pro replaceable and adding a file manager.

As usual this is a very basic, very clean ROM. Sprint and TW free. Runs great and very stable. I haven't had any problems over the past few days.

As I said before, barring any major Froyo updates or a major bug showing up in this ROM (doubt it but it could happen) this may be it until after the 20th.

Enjoy my friends and Thanks again for all your support....

DAMNIT: This is the second time today another big update just got released. The gingerbread keyboard fully working. ROM with be up in about 45 minutes....

Last edited by ptfdmedic; 12-15-2010 at 02:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:02 PM
ptfdmedic

Re: [ROM] midNIGHT v2.0.6(Froyo DK28) GINGERBREAD KEYBOARD/AOSP LOCKSCREEN FIXED 12/1

Ok, ROM is up for the 3rd time. These updates are killing me

Barring some kind of major Froyo release or .............. you get the point...

Anything else minor will be flashable via clockwork.

Enjoy

Got to go shopping for my 2 year olds new milk, lactose and egg free diet... Wish me luck......
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:24 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT v2.0.6(Froyo DK28) GINGERBREAD KEYBOARD/AOSP LOCKSCREEN FIXED 12/1

Wishing you and your family a successful surgery bro!! Thx for the great work!!
Old 12-15-2010, 06:01 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
Ok, ROM is up for the 3rd time. These updates are killing me

Barring some kind of major Froyo release or .............. you get the point...

Anything else minor will be flashable via clockwork.

Enjoy

Got to go shopping for my 2 year olds new milk, lactose and egg free diet... Wish me luck......
whats different now? i just dl'd 2hrs ago so if its nothing big im not, rapidshare sux to dl from.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

deathleprechaun is a n00b

Went from stock Epic to root v 2.5.2 with superuser
Grabbed the "official"/"unofficial" froyo update a few days ago and am not liking it

Installed titanium backup and backed up all user data + system settings

If I update to this rom can I use titanium to restore data or only some data

I mainly just want my games ie. Angry birds

Other stuff would be nice but meh...
p.s. how do I backup text messages?

Sorry if it is a n00b question, Had a hero and was in to flashing like crazy, but have not messed with the epic yet, just now getting into it.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:52 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathleprechaun View Post
Went from stock Epic to root v 2.5.2 with superuser
Grabbed the "official"/"unofficial" froyo update a few days ago and am not liking it

Installed titanium backup and backed up all user data + system settings

If I update to this rom can I use titanium to restore data or only some data

I mainly just want my games ie. Angry birds

Other stuff would be nice but meh...
p.s. how do I backup text messages?

Sorry if it is a n00b question, Had a hero and was in to flashing like crazy, but have not messed with the epic yet, just now getting into it.
use clockwork to backup your game data plus its on sdcard or you can put it there but yes to titanium question too. texts i dont backup but "my backup pro" will save them and game stats and there is a free 30dy trial.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:58 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
use clockwork to backup your game data plus its on sdcard or you can put it there but yes to titanium question too. texts i dont backup but "my backup pro" will save them and game stats and there is a free 30dy trial.
I used clockwork to restore my data the first time I flashed this ROM and it gave me all sorts of errors and FC's. I had to reflash and use Titanium to restore my apps. If you already have Titanium there are apps for backing up your text messages, but I've never used one so I can't recommend any.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

deathleprechaun is a n00b

So should I manually just restore the games I want and not all of it?

I assume if I restore all of it I am either putting data on my phone I no longer need, or overwriting data that I don't want/need to overwrite.

Also, Should we do battery stats wipe?
And if we do, how is that done exactly? something about charging 100% and letting it die; in what order is that done?

Last edited by deathleprechaun; 12-15-2010 at 10:24 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development