PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Looking for a Case + Holster Combo that works/fits

I'm looking for case for my Epic and also a holster that will hold the phone with the case attached. I tried to do this with my HTC Arrive but the case made the phone so bulky that I could barely squeeze it into my belt holster and then the magnetiic cover would hardly close.

Is there any case + holster combo that I can purchase or at least a holster with enough room to hold the Epic with a case attached?

I really liike the Seidio Active X case but I'm afraid it will make the phone too thick for most if not all holsters other than the Seidioi snap on holster.

I was also looking at these two Amazon items but don't know if they really would go well together:

Rubberized Case

Leather Magnetic Holster

Any suggestions?
Old 04-16-2011, 10:53 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Looking for a Case + Holster Combo that works/fits

got one from sprint store thats best i used so far, check your stor or sprints site.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Question Re: Looking for a Case + Holster Combo that works/fits

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
got one from sprint store thats best i used so far, check your stor or sprints site.
So your phone with a case attached will still fit in the holster? Both were purchased from Sprint?

I'm on their website now and don't see a case/holster combo. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I don't want to make the same mistake I made with the HTC Arrive and purchase both only to find out the phone with case attached will not fit in the holster.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:16 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 View Post
So your phone with a case attached will still fit in the holster? Both were purchased from Sprint?

I'm on their website now and don't see a case/holster combo. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I don't want to make the same mistake I made with the HTC Arrive and purchase both only to find out the phone with case attached will not fit in the holster.
lemme see if i still got package for a product #
Old 04-17-2011, 11:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
+1 on the sprint case. i initially had the seidio best buy special edition case & holster combo for my epic4g. recently a friend got a new epic4g and got the case from sprint, no holster. i played with it and it also fit my seidio hoster. after seeing his i went to sprint and picked one up as well. it feels better in the hand, seems to have better construction, and fits like a glove. it feels more soled than the original seidio as well.

one note if you buy the seidio holster to go with it, the case is slightly larger than the seido case and therefore the phone with case on comes out much easier. it feels secure, but if you bump something just right or run, its gonna fall out. luckily the case is very solid.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Hey guys, is this the sprint case you purchased?

Samsung Epic 4G case review - Sprint Protective Cover (CZS6842R)
Old 04-28-2011, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Hey guys, is this the sprint case you purchased?

Samsung Epic 4G case review - Sprint Protective Cover (CZS6842R)
yeah, that is exactly the same one i have on my phone right now. i haven't noticed any problem typing on the upper number keys as he suggested could be a problem. imho this is the best hard outer cover for the epic, considering the price. kinda interesting being that it's from sprint. i wonder who's the actual manufacturer for this product? and i wish there was a holster that was specifically made for it.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I ended up buying the Seidio Active-X case with holster combo. It looks and works great!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I ended up buying the Seidio Active-X case with holster combo. It looks and works great!
is that the one wear you have to remove an outer cover in order to slide open the keyboard? if so, I saw it and it looked really nice, I just wished it didn't have to remove that piece.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliS View Post
is that the one wear you have to remove an outer cover in order to slide open the keyboard? if so, I saw it and it looked really nice, I just wished it didn't have to remove that piece.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Actually, no. It is a three-piece case that when snapped together is two seperate peices, one for the back and one for the front. Therefore, there is no need to remove it to slide out the keyboard.

Look up "Seidio Active-X Combo" for the Epic 4G and you'll see how it works.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Accessories

Tags
case, combo, holster, samsung epic 4g, seido