PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic 4g - Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

beta is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Seidio Active X Case Black Review 25+ pics

Intro:

Well Just received the Seidio Active X case for review I have to say I was surprised. You are provided with three pieces. Outer Screen protector, a rubber back skin, and then a Plastic Skeleton to go over the rubber back piece. Installation was breeze and this case is easier to remove due to the design of the Plastic Skeleton. Outer Screen protector is pretty simple to remove but having finger nails will benefit greatly! Another thing to note: Since the Skeleton is a separate piece, changing colors will be simple ( if you wanted to could even paint it! ). Sliding Mechanism was not affected at all.

Design:

Outer Screen protector

Outer Screen Protection Piece does have a taller lip and it is a little thicker but feels strong. With the taller lip I didn't find any affect or issues with comfort on the use of the screen or buttons. The finish is smooth with a rubbery feel, and yes you may find that one or two little bumps within the finish - (If you really want to remove the bumps in the finish then use 1500 or 2000 wet sand paper and very Lightly go over the bumps. Make sure to wet the paper - this will allow you to keep the finish). The tabs are located on both the top and bottom of the piece and sectioned in the middle ( view pictures above ). -- This is nice since the most common issue with cases is scratching or restriction due to the tabs being placed on each side.

Rubber Skin:

IMO - I love this! Provides protection for the phone without the possibility of the case scratching the phone itself. Both the Power and Volume buttons are covered but fit the form of the phone and require the same amount of pressure to be pushed. As for the cut outs - Match perfect- Mic, USB, Headphone, Camera, and LED, and if by chance yours does not you can also trim whatever excess you need to since its rubber.

Back Skeleton:

The back Skeleton has a very smooth finish with no bump in sight. The skeleton itself is very sturdy along with the clips located on each corner. Now the design was to set for most common point of Impact. On any phone there are 6 points - Top Left and Right Corner - Bottom Left and Right Corner - Left Side - Right Side. The Skeleton was designed around these 6 points of impact along with using the rubber skin interior as a shock absorber. The skeleton Case Wraps around on each point which in truth allows for a sturdier construction due to each point of impact being supported both by form and curvature.

I will provide pics of the phone within the case once the Camera is charged.

Pics, Pics, Pics

Active X Photo Album

Album

Touch Pro 2 - Energy Dinik Rom (Aug 2
Epic 4g - Custom kernal

Last edited by beta; 10-19-2010 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Title
Old 10-18-2010, 05:54 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Seidio Active X Case Black Review 25+ pics

You can just make multiple posts in 1 thread if they don't fit..that said...is 60 pictures really that necessary? I think 25 would sum it up more then enough lol

As the saying goes..quality over quantity...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-18-2010, 08:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic 4g - Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

beta is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
You can just make multiple posts in 1 thread if they don't fit..that said...is 60 pictures really that necessary? I think 25 would sum it up more then enough lol

As the saying goes..quality over quantity...

Agree, I will leave it as is until there are requests for either close ups or different sides and angles.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:44 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I can't wait to get mine. so far nothing but positive feedback about these from what I've read. my sprint case caused slight damage where the clips rest possibly from removing the case. is this one easy to remove ?

Last edited by dumpringz; 10-22-2010 at 02:45 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

very nice review imo put yes the pics are huge

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 10-22-2010, 01:05 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Dude, you should clean your phone before you post a bunch of close-up high res photos!

- Cyber Clean Keyboard/Keypad/Touchscreen/Laptop Cleaner/Clean

Great pictures though.

Last edited by Johnny.Bravo; 10-22-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

def a good case .. got mine today ..... folks using sprint case will have 2 get used 2 lack of rubber and get used to power button but its looks great on the device

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Accessories