PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic 4g - Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

beta is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Seidio Innocase Review (GREEN) UPDATED 56k BEWARE

I will be doing reviews and testing for Seidio products and received my first one to start with. ( Admins if you would like verification I do have that available ).

It is the Green ( Or Saga as they call it ) Epic 4g Case. I have provided a couple of pictures and will be posting a full review today with more photos to come. Possibly may do a video to show the sliding action since that has been a big question among the cases currently out.

Currently I'm going to be testing the sliding mechanism restriction, phone damage if any, and a few other things.

Seidio Innocase EPIC 4G (GREEN) Review

Review:
From first impression, the Seidio Innocase for the Epic 4g has a great feel all around the case. The rubberized no slip grip works wonders, yet still has a smooth to the touch finish. All buttons and microphone are completely accessible without restriction.

Sliding mechanism:
With the case attached to the Epic 4G there is NO restriction on the sliding mechanism. Now Seidio did a surprising design that many manufactures have not attempted. For the bottom portion of the case, the attachment clips are on each corner yet they are raised slightly from the rim of the case, this allows a very small opening for the case to move freely. Addition to that, the top cover has the attachment clips mounted on the top and bottom. Due to both these features – Scratching of the keyboard is long gone and smooth sliding stays.

Installation and Removal:
Install was very basic, the case clipped on smoothly and is simple enough to remove incase of a reset, memory card, and battery removal.

Appearance:
The case is thin compared to most out there. After installing the case there was not much added to the bulk of the phone. In my opinion this gave a the phone a better look with a case due to how thin it is.
The green I had to admit is beautiful – It is a true Saga but can be looked upon as a light forest green.

Durability Testing:
For this I used my second epic as it is my test phone for software and such. To meet the standards of daily use, I tested the phone while out at a Mall, Movie theater, Restaurant, and outside on trails. This allows different areas and different types surroundings for testing.
After Dropping the phone on several occasions and from different heights and on different material ( 1ft, 3ft, 5ft, 6ft) - The case never came off and surprisingly the case is almost un-touched. The phone was fully protected and no damage was done.

Options:
There have been questions if the case will fit with a Seidio Screen Protector, Phantom Skinz, Invisible shield, and 3rd party brands. I tested the case with phantom Skinz – Tight fit but still works great. Seidio Screen Protector – Fit perfect, Invisible Shield - The case fit like a glove. 3rd party skins provided the same results.

If there are any questions please feel free to post. Other colors and products coming soon.

Touch Pro 2 - Energy Dinik Rom (Aug 2
Epic 4g - Custom kernal

Last edited by beta; 09-22-2010 at 01:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:09 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Seidio Innocase Review (GREEN) UPDATED 56k BEWARE

Excellent review. You make me want to buy one!
Old 09-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfoster View Post
Excellent review. You make me want to buy one!
My sentiments exactly.. seriously.. it looks really nice..
Old 09-18-2010, 11:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic 4g - Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

beta is a n00b

Reviews, software, beta testing are my game, what can I say . lol
Old 09-23-2010, 06:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint -/|

mykie is becoming a great contributor

Where would I be able to purloin such a fine product?

Would they perchance accept the barter of pelts and livestock or does the shopkeep only accept royal notes?
Old 09-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC
Carrier: sprint

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykie View Post
Where would I be able to purloin such a fine product?

Would they perchance accept the barter of pelts and livestock or does the shopkeep only accept royal notes?

back to the looney fair for you... i didnt think cups and strings needed sedio cases...

hey beta do you have a link so you can get credit for my next case?

Last edited by lazydazed; 09-24-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydazed View Post
hey beta do you have a link so you can get credit for my next case?
This is mainly what I was alluding to.

I took the plunge and bought this case based on this review, and so far I love it.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I have a problem with my new Seidio case.

As much as I love it, it seems like after a week of carrying it around, the keyboard side of the case is starting to become less snug, causing loud creaking noises, especially when on a phone call.

Its gotten bad enough that people I call are commenting on the sound. Is there anything I can do about it?
Old 10-05-2010, 06:54 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You can take it back and get your money back, and then go to the Sprint store and buy the OEM case. I've had one for about a month and I love it.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
You can take it back and get your money back, and then go to the Sprint store and buy the OEM case.
The Sprint one isn't Green!

I took some thick double-stick tape and put it on the inside between the two covers and it alleviated some of the creaking noise.

Still kind of annoying for such an expensive and very nice looking case.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Accessories