PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 02:13 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t
Threadstarter

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: Report Problems After Upgrade 8/31/09

Well you know how I work

As far as the width goes, the hard part is that alot of the coding in the styles is based on this width, so if I changed it, I think I would have to figure out div tag pixels to make everything fit where its supposed to.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perasite View Post
A % width would be great, but could cause problems with the logo over-running the search box and stuff like that... Especially when browsing from phones. But wider than current would be a HUGE plus.
a minimum with could be set to prevent that from happening

and yeah, def not bashing the new design. just "constructive criticism"
Old 08-31-2009, 02:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Accessing the site from my Diamond and notice the following:
- Color scheme drop down only says PPCG and it is the White background.
- Many of the Device links are going to HTC Apache
I am sure the above are still in the works, but I just wanted to mention them.
I notice there is no longer the left-right adjustment in the text field while posting, which was needed previously to sometimes adjust the text.
The text seems to line up consistently now.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 08-31-2009, 02:39 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
Well you know how I work

As far as the width goes, the hard part is that alot of the coding in the styles is based on this width, so if I changed it, I think I would have to figure out div tag pixels to make everything fit where its supposed to.
Typically in a DIV tag, the positioning is relational and not absolute. In other words, if you adjusted the width, the other items would still be placed x number of pixels from the newly adjusted start point.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 08-31-2009, 02:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

I cannot edit attachments anymore since the upgrade (unless I'm missing it). It would be nice to be able to update cabs attached to certain posts.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

@mindfrost82
Ahhh.........Dark Grey is back.
Thank you sir.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:17 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

just opened ppg this morning and wow, needed to come in here and say the new look looks great today. thanks for your hard work everyone involved

Old 08-31-2009, 03:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t
Threadstarter

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
I cannot edit attachments anymore since the upgrade (unless I'm missing it). It would be nice to be able to update cabs attached to certain posts.
I still have an option to Manage Attachments. Are you getting an error?

You can to click on Edit in your post, then click on Go Advanced and it should be in there.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
I still have an option to Manage Attachments. Are you getting an error?

You can to click on Edit in your post, then click on Go Advanced and it should be in there.
Sorry, it was user error . I didn't realize that the upgraded scripts were being blocked.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Dark grey looks the best except for the big bright white Quick Reply box.

Another huge problem is it will not fill my screen so I can actually read stuff...it's like narrow. Feel like I'm looking at a site designed for 640x480. Looks very old school on my big widescreen monitor.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements