PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 11:46 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: VIP Members - HUGE REQUEST

I made a n00b 0-50 and PPCGeeks Regular 50-500 (I know, that's a big gap, but it'll do for now)
Old 12-23-2008, 11:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Change isn't always a bad thing...

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.

Last edited by Hafrust; 12-23-2008 at 11:49 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP/MR5 and TP/Juicy 7
Carrier: Sprint Only The Best

bayushikitsune is keeping up the good workbayushikitsune is keeping up the good workbayushikitsune is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bayushikitsune

O yea sweetness I am getting closer to not being a noob ^^ thought it would take me year lol
Old 12-23-2008, 11:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

In honor of dlbrummels, when I get my custom user title it will be set to "n00b"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:53 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Like you, I post when a) I feel like helping out, and/or b) I feel I have something to contribute to the discussion (serious, joke, or otherwise). I don't make a habit of frivolous posting, because that's just not my style... I prefer to get to the point and move on.

Now while I understand what your point and thought is, it seems to me that you are missing the point of a community forum. That is-- to contribute to the community. I see nothing wrong or inappropriate with encouraging people to:

1) Ask questions.
2) Answer questions.
3) Share ideas.
4) Contribute new solutions.
5) Joke around.
6) All of the above or any combination thereof.

Now as an example, I have only 825 posts as of this one, but I have over 2100 reputation points due to the contributions I've made helping people with the registry and general how-to stuff. To me, that says something-- that the posts I make are worth my time and those I'm responding to.

By comparison, Hibby has been here literally half the time I have, but he's made almost triple my post count... often by providing information and resources, and just as often by having a good time and joking with people. His reputation is nearly as high as mine already. That says something about Hibby... to come in here from day one and make a significant positive contribution AND receive such an esteemed reputation is to be commended.

Not to criticize you personally-- I don't know you very well HERE let alone in real life-- but what can we say about you? Been here forever and a day by comparison to us, but have had little contribution and have little reputation to speak of. Now, I'm not one to punish and penalize people, but I'm also not one to reward a person for nothing. You've done little, so you get little, from my point of view and opinion.

Think of it this way--- you're back in grade school again and you just busted your butt off getting work done well and followed all the rules and get an A in the class. Someone else slacks off and fails... are you going to reward them by dropping your grade to a C so they can also have a C? Of course not. Meanwhile I'm over here and do the bare minimum... neither helping nor hurting anyone just doing my work nonchalantly and get a C. Do I deserve to get an A for my lackluster performance? Of course not.

Just a $1.50 worth of opinion here. Take it for what it's worth.

Last edited by GoodThings2Life; 12-23-2008 at 11:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:00 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Can I buy another $3.50 Good so it will be an even $5? What you said is true.. It is impossible to get people to thank you unless they feel you deserve it.. Good has 825 posts, has been here 13 months, and has a 2152 Rep.. That is based mostly on how well he posts.. People don't give thanks for needless posting.. I have been here for less then 3 months, have 2,420 posts, and 2765 Rep... Obviously I post way more then Good, but per post, he has much better quality then I.. You can't game the system.. If the Mods don't figure it out (and they are damn good at what they do), the 'Geekers here certainly will..
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work
Thumbs down Re: VIP Members - HUGE REQUEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbrummels View Post
Just ridiculous, some of us have been here longer than the mods.

Some people post to be helpful, and many post to raise their stats, so you are penalizing the people who use discretion and just don't run off at the keyboard?
I agree!!!
I try not to post unless it's usefull/helpfull.
This is how you encourage meaningless posts.
I have been here forever and now I am considerin gspending my time elsewhere.
Merry Christmas noobs/lurkers
(ex-SENIOR members)
Old 12-24-2008, 12:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work

Yes.

trying to get to V.I.P. status...
Old 12-24-2008, 12:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael (Touch Pro)
Threadstarter

dlbrummels is keeping up the good workdlbrummels is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to dlbrummels Send a message via AIM to dlbrummels Send a message via MSN to dlbrummels Send a message via Yahoo to dlbrummels Send a message via Skype™ to dlbrummels

Let me put it a way that can be understood.

I boy moved onto a new town and started school yesterday, he said hello to 300 kids on his first day, they were impressed and positively responsive.

The kid is still a Noob as compared to all the kids who were there before him.

Posts are Posts, Thanks, and reputation points are what they are.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:17 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

FIRST OF ALL... PLEASE DON'T TURN THIS INTO AN ARGUMENT... LET'S JUST AGREE TO DISAGREE ON THIS SUBJECT.. NO POINT IN ARGUING ABOUT IT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinabrady View Post
I agree!!!
I try not to post unless it's usefull/helpfull.
This is how you encourage meaningless posts.
I have been here forever and now I am considering spending my time elsewhere.
Merry Christmas noobs/lurkers
(ex-SENIOR members)
I disagree... Helping our fellow man is what PPC Geeks is all about... We enable information sharing, and encourage uniqueness... I am happy I can help people out.. If I can not help, I at least try to direct them in the right direction.. I know you may shake you head at my 31.75 posts per day.. But I will defend each and every post of mine.. I agree with you that meaningless posts are wasteful and stupid..

However, everybody will have their own opinion on what is helpful or useful.. I do hope you re-consider straying away from PPC GEEKS.. However, I do hope you enjoy where ever you may land..Although you might have not wished me one specifically, I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years Austin...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements