PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

htcuser is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ppc geeks download?

Nope my download stopped at 7 megs... not working...
Old 05-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/dereknjenny04/ROMS

im trying this and others and it stops short all the time. Not working.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

Yeah, that's what I downloaded and it went fine. Here is the provider's official response:
Quote:
NOTE: If you're having FTP problems, please read be sure to read this message and try the solution before submitting a request.
Some of our customers are experiencing problems related to their FTP service. This includes error messages while connecting or dropped connections.

We have narrowed down the problem to only affecting customers using the following ISPs: AT&T/Sbcglobal, Comcast and RoadRunner. We have tested the following solution with the help of one of the affected customers, so this should work for all: You will need to change your ftp-only user to sftp to go around what we suspect to be bandwidth throttling affecting only FTP connections. If you’re already using a shell user to connect through ftp, then all you need to do is change to sftp in your upload client; you don’t need to modify your user.

Edit your ftp-only user to be sftp in the control panel under Users/Manage Users ( https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=users.users& ). This should schedule a user update. As soon as the little clock next to your username in the control panel is gone, log in with that user using the SFTP settings on your upload client, and you should be able to upload the large files. If your current client doesn’t have SFTP connection, you will need to download another one. Again, for shell users, you just need to change to SFTP in your client.

If the above doesn’t make your problems go away, then it’s most likely unrelated. Please send support a message, so we can look into it for you.
Are you on one of the ISPs listed?

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 05-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Retired Staff

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

I can turn on sftp, but I don't want it to affect anything else. If I do so, I would want those that have the problem to be able to use sftp, but everyone else just continue as if nothing were changed. I have contacted the provider in hopes that they can assure me that this is possible.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

sorry for the late response, lunchtime!!! Ok.. yes i am on that list. i am with ATT.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

god dammit... lol. I tried to download Mustang to try his rom out and still.. cuts me off at 5 megs. WHat do I have to do to get sftp going? Or is that something you have to do at your end? Can some1 upload mustang clean rom to a rapid share link?
Old 05-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Even if I tether with my Touch using Sprint network... its still capped. Darn.. i thought I had a solution.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Retired Staff

OK, I will keep dealing with the provider. SFTP is something I have to turn on, and I want to make sure that once I turn it on, regular FTP is still available to everyone who doesn't have throttling problems.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

ok. thxs.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

sftp is way better anyway, security wise anyway. that's all i use on my unix servers.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements