PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

eval- is keeping up the good workeval- is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 50 Posts to access Bargain Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
Start posting! I understand you saying you want to make useful posts.... posting is like junk... one persons junk another persons treasure....
you might post something you think is useful and another person might not think so... you post something you think isn't useful and someone else might think it's useful.

Forums are to post in, not just for lurking. I too once lurked and just sucked in all the information I could, shoot I did that before becoming a member and after becoming a member... then I decided it was time to start giving back, so I started posting.

Post my friend, post!
I posted a kernel I built on Sunday that fixed double-tap bug in Android for Touch Diamond and Pro, does that count? Oh wait, it was on XDA-dev I know what you're saying, and I would like to contribute more, but I don't think 50 posts should be the sole criteria to be able to sell or even post on a sale board... but yeah, it's a tough problem to solve.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
I am sure Frosty will be happy to look into this and figure something out for you and the others out there. We will not simply say "NO"
Aww, thanks for all the support guys! I PM'd MindFrost so hopefully I will hear back. Since I appreciate the need for the system to keep spammers out by default I think simply being accommodating to serious people with longstanding accounts is an appropriate way to rectify the situation for those of us whom are legit. We'll see what happens!

(Wow.. more posts in one forum than in months hehe =))
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:31 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

maybe the solution could be instead of 50 posts, a $20.00 donation to the site?
I don't know if spammers would pay $20.00 so they can start spamming... or is it that members of the site won't donate $20.00 to get to the bargain trader? I mean how many of us pay to be a member at Sam's or Costco?
What do you think would be a different way besides 50 posts?
Old 03-19-2010, 12:40 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eval- View Post
Aww, thanks for all the support guys! I PM'd MindFrost so hopefully I will hear back. Since I appreciate the need for the system to keep spammers out by default I think simply being accommodating to serious people with longstanding accounts is an appropriate way to rectify the situation for those of us whom are legit. We'll see what happens!

(Wow.. more posts in one forum than in months hehe =))

You're very welcome and I am sure you will get answered when he awakes tomorrow morning. He never leaves anything unanswered.

By the end of this thread you may be up to 50 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
maybe the solution could be instead of 50 posts, a $20.00 donation to the site?
I don't know if spammers would pay $20.00 so they can start spamming... or is it that members of the site won't donate $20.00 to get to the bargain trader? I mean how many of us pay to be a member at Sam's or Costco?
What do you think would be a different way besides 50 posts?
Good food for thought....I'm sure Frosty and the admins will speak on this tomorrow as well.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 03-19-2010, 10:02 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I personally agree with the 50 post count. Mbrs that spend the time on here posting and helping others should get first dibs. I do understand that there are instances where some folks have been around a long time but you also have to keep in mind, the 50 post helps weed out the folks that would hop in and give you the run around to try and make a quick buck without giving you a darn thing. I have been on forums where the bargain trading section had a sticky for "People not to do business with". Id say we are doing pretty good considering there isnt one of those in our bargain section.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 03-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

yeah every post in the "feedback" thread is all good news.

I agree with the 50 post min. If you are an exception just PM Mindfrost for a special post based on the fact that you're not here to scam, but honestly how taxing is it to just post 28 more times, especially maybe since you seem very versed in android head over to the android forums and post a couple of helpful hints, i swear Carla won't bite your head off over there (well, probably not)
Old 03-19-2010, 03:01 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think it should be increased to 100. All in favor, say "I". /sarcasm
Old 03-19-2010, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
yeah every post in the "feedback" thread is all good news.

I agree with the 50 post min. If you are an exception just PM Mindfrost for a special post based on the fact that you're not here to scam, but honestly how taxing is it to just post 28 more times, especially maybe since you seem very versed in android head over to the android forums and post a couple of helpful hints, i swear Carla won't bite your head off over there (well, probably not)
Hehe yeah I'm gonna start posting re: Android (see! i'm getting better: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...07#post1642807) if anything this has motivated me to Speak Up! Making WinMo ROMs was not my forte but I can mess with Linux with the best truubergeeks I found a Touch Pro 2 for $180 & it's not the end of the world if I sell my SERO 500 on ebay, they go for ~$25 more there anyway. But I'll admit I was just sort of shocked I couldn't post here... though it does seem like 50 posts is the least-hassle way to weed people out. How'd 50 get chosen as a number? Also, yeah I would've donated to the site to sell my SERO, but $20 seems a bit much..
Old 08-10-2010, 08:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pro
Carrier: Intertelecom

Rem_off is a n00b

Hello. I only was today registered, want to purchase a telephone through your forum, because in our Ukraine it considerably dearer. I will be thankful your help. On how many I understood I can pay through Paypal, and a salesman in same queue will deport me a telephone. you will excuse if wrote not there.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pro
Carrier: Intertelecom

Rem_off is a n00b

I am sorry after flud. Forgot to write, CDMA interest komunikatory on WM 6.5

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements