PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2006, 04:37 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hack: Modify Left Softkey for PalmMessaging

UPDATE: This hack is now INCLUDED with Beta 4+ of the Palm Messaging app!

This is a GREAT reg hack for those who now use the Palm Messaging app (threaded text).

Thanks to levinda for originally documenting it.

(1) On the 700w/wx there is NO know way to change the Left or Right Softkeys, it will most likely involve hacking some .dlls.

(2) This ONLY applies for the LEFT softkey, so don't ask about the Right.

What this hack will do is give you a popup menu on your LEFT softkey, similar to the the Right softkey. BUT you can only have 2 items and one will automatically be Email (messaging).

The other can be anything you want but I think the logical choice is the Palm Messaging app.

Here I renamed the Key to SMS:

Hitting this Key now gives me this:

If I hit "SMS" it goes to Palm Messaging. If I hit "Messaging" it goes to Outook.

- You HAVE to rename the key! You cannot call it "Messaging" and have this work

- Whatever you name it, is what the 1st item will be.

- I do not know how to change anything else

Directions
:

Use your Registry editor.

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112\Open =

You WILL NOT HAVE "Keys" or "112", you need to create those or JUST INSTALL VIA THE ATTACHED .CAB FILE! (thanks Wideawake)

You CAN rename it anything you want:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112\(Default) =

Attached Files
File Type: zip ppcgeekscom_sms_left_soft_key_129.zip (674 Bytes, 349 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-31-2006, 05:07 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
great hack Mala! I know MANY people were asking how to map the softkey to this app!
Old 10-31-2006, 05:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
Re: Hack: Modify Left Softkey for PalmMessaging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta
or Import my attached file. You have to rename the file to Leftsoft key.reg (not .txt)
wheres the attached file?
Old 10-31-2006, 06:12 PM
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Hack: Modify Left Softkey for PalmMessaging

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyppc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta
or Import my attached file. You have to rename the file to Leftsoft key.reg (not .txt)
wheres the attached file?
sorry, I didn't realize .txt files were not allowed. It's in the zip file now.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:35 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Mala I added a .cab that does the reg edits also for users that dont have resco or what not....you can add text about in the first post or leave it like it is. the choice is urs.
~mike

Old 10-31-2006, 06:40 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
Mala I added a .cab that does the reg edits also for users that dont have resco or what not....you can add text about in the first post or leave it like it is. the choice is urs.
~mike
muchos gracias!
Old 10-31-2006, 07:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
very nice. thanks guys

cody
Old 10-31-2006, 07:50 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Diamond

ajk511 is keeping up the good workajk511 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ajk511 Send a message via MSN to ajk511
how come the windows new menu wored for me?? i've been using the that app on my700wx fo ages and thats what it dos, i hit the lft soft key and get sms or messaging.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:56 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Diamond

ajk511 is keeping up the good workajk511 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ajk511 Send a message via MSN to ajk511
nvrm. lol. forgot this was for the palm messaging app.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Treo_newb is a n00b
Very Cool downloaded and works like a charm
If we could only find a way to get the reminder feature to work in notifacation-Ringtones/voice mail with a very needed led blink

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX