PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have pixel issues with your TP2?
Yes, stuck pixels are annoyingly visible during regular use! 21 7.24%
Yes, but stuck pixels are only visible using the background test in a normally lit room. 34 11.72%
Yes, but stuck pixels are only visible using the background test in a dark room. 44 15.17%
Yes, but only using the camera test 33 11.38%
No pixel issues here! 158 54.48%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 11:36 AM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Do you have pixel issues with your TP2 display? (READ post before voting)

Please read this entire post before voting or making any comments, thank you.

Alright, as many of you know, there could be a big issue with stuck pixels on the Touch Pro2 display. As the name implies, these faulty pixels are stuck; so you will notice them on black backgrounds. We currently have a poll going on about this, but there is a possibility that we actually have two different issues. Before, it was recommended that we go into a dark room, turn on the camera app, and then check for stuck pixels. Recently, however, some people claim that abnormalities show up with the camera test, but not when you simply use a black image to test. So, to identify stuck pixels on the display, it’d probably be better to check using separate background and camera tests.

In an effort to collect the best results as possible, we have a new poll with more detailed choices. This should give potential buyers an idea about the severity of the problem at hand. Please test your TP2 using the methods below.

Test TP2 display under the following conditions:

- Stuck pixels during regular use: This would be obvious. After using your device for a couple days, have you noticed any stuck pixels during regular use?

- Stuck pixel background test: Download the attached file, which consists of an all black background that has been sized for WVGA screens. Load it up using HTC's image viewer. First check for stuck pixels on the display while in a regularly lit room. If you don’t notice any, go into a dark room and check again. If you're still not seeing stuck pixels, congratulations. Now please do the camera test.

- Camera display test: Go into a dark room and turn on your TP2’s camera. Check for any abnormalities on the screen.

After you’ve performed these tests, review the poll choices and place your vote accordingly. Please be honest. Also, if you’ve returned or attempted to return your TP2 due to pixel issues, please comment about your experience and mention which carrier. We hope that the poll results, with the help of user comments, will help inform users.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali

Last edited by NinjaMom; 09-19-2009 at 11:45 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

tmac15 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Do you have pixel issues with your TP2 display? (READ post before voting)

I think you forgot to attach the file to use
Old 09-19-2009, 07:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Here is a zip with 5 pictures at 480x800 (black, blue, red, green, white) that you can use for the test.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Pixel Test.zip (167.7 KB, 194 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-19-2009, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Hero
Carrier: Telus

freebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am on my third unit, first was replaced for keyboard issues, second for dead pixels. No problems confirming the stuck pixels, even in well lit Telus store. There were noticably more stuck or dead pixels while using camera. No complaints about return once the rep saw the problem. My new TP2 currently has 5 or 6 dead pixels in camera test only. I think I will be returning this one as well. Last year my wife got me a T-shirt that said "I See Dead Pixels" because of the 4 PSPs I returned...lol. I will wear it to the Telus store to do my next return.

Last edited by freebie; 09-19-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebie View Post
Last year my wife got me T-shirt that said "I See Dead Pixels" because of the 4 PSPs I returned...lol. I will wear it to the Telus store to do my next return.
lol i had to do the same with my PSP and also with my friends PSP. Best Buy was so sick of seeing our faces...
Old 09-20-2009, 03:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

House is just getting started

I did all three tests and I didn't find any pixel problems here
Old 09-20-2009, 09:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP1 > TP2 > Fascinate

bluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I chose the first option because my camera has stuck blue clusters. As in I take a picture move it to my computer and there are 2 stuck blue clusters on the picture permanently and every picture taken with the phone.

Else I would have chosen the 2nd option because I have two stuck green pixels in the center that you can see on the home screen.

Finally isn't there already another poll that has been going much longer than this one. Should have stickyed that one.

Last edited by bluruld; 09-20-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

Slack3r is keeping up the good workSlack3r is keeping up the good work

I have a LOT of stuck pixels (15-20) and 2 dead pixels. Only one dead pixel is visible during normal use, and the rest of the stuck pixels are invisible unless in the camera screen or on a dark screen. I've been using it for the past couple of days since my replacement from Verizon still hasn't gotten here yet, and to be honest, I barely notice them in most applications. The only time they really popped out at me was the first time I used the camera application (they are there on other screens though) and that's one of the only few that still bothers me. Only one or two of them are really bright, the rest of them are only partial and I had to look carefully for them. Also, I don't know if it matters, but they're ALL green.

It's not a deal breaker for me, since this is a great phone, but I'm going to keep exchanging it for as long as Verizon will let me until I get at least a near-perfect one.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

docprego is becoming a great contributor

I have one stuck pixel in the top right corner of the display. I only see it on a black screen when really looking for it. It annoys me to know it is there but trying to be rational about it, is that really an issue? My previous TP2 had 10 stuck pixels and those too I couldn't see in normal use. My buddy got a Pre last week and he asked me to check it for pixel issues, it had 8 stuck pixels and one of them was flickering! If Sprint had these in stock in store I might be tempted to exchange it. But as miserable as exchanges are with Sprint via mail I think my single stuck pixel TP2 might be a keeper.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4g

es101346 is keeping up the good workes101346 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to es101346

Noticed 2 very small, hardly visible dead/suck pixels on the bottom right of my screen during a camera test.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2