PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro > CDMA Treo Pro Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 02:02 PM
Father of the Treo Pro
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/Treo Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

CFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CFay 6.5 Rom! CEOS 5.2.21324 ! Windows Mobile 6.5! 1.54 FINAL Uploaded with Fixes.

CFAY Treo Pro 6.5 Rom
I can not be held responsible for any damage done to your phone; Your phone, your problem. Your phone MUST be unlocked to use this rom.

This is the FIRST ever world Premiere of Windows Mobile 6.5 on the Palm Treo Pro! This is running build 21324! It is considered by some to be the early stages of Windows Mobile 6.5.1. ENJOY!

CDMA ONLY!
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE FOLLOWING DONATORS, YALL MADE ALL MY WORK WORTHWHILE!!
Ericmanoa X2 THANKS!
Gksmithlcw
Malatesta
Kenny Tran
Central Florida Sales

READ ME: I am getting my Touch Pro 2 tomorrow (9-14), therefore I am making this thread and releasing what I have as soon as cmonex releases her unlocker. All files are uploaded and ready to go. Thanks to everyone for there patience and understanding. This device was NOT EASY to crack and make roms for, its quite different from any device I have ever worked on.
This hopefully fixed 1.53, I deleted NetCF3.5 and added in NetCF which should be over writable by a cab. I also packaged up the NBH and RUU into one convient package, simply run the CFay exe. THIS IS MY LAST ATTEMPT TO FIX THIS, NOT HAVING A DEVICE MAKES IT ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO FIX ISSUES. I added in the Stock NetCF from the shipped rom and also fixed the Partial Display error which was causing the black pixels on the screen. If I helped you please consider a donation. Thanks, CFay.
1.54 Download: Build 1.54
1.53 Download: Build 1.53
1.52 Download: Build 1.52
1.0 Download:
Windows Mobile 6.5
NEW! Download via Sharebee NEW!

If you would like to buy me an energy drink or cup of coffee for my work My work is TOTALLY FREE and all donations are really appreciated!

Please note, 6.5 on Treo is not possible without patching some files. Thanks CMONEX!

Thanks to: Cmonex, Mightymike, Budney, SSK, Juicy, XBmod, Calcu, Conflipper, Ervius, UDK, Vet Vito, Jugalo_X, cmonex, dcd, tobeychris and others in case I forgot you.

Special Thanks to Juicy, Mightymike, and Cmonex for all of there help, without them, this Rom/Unlocker wouldnt exist.

PLEASE NOTE: ALL my OEMS are personally packaged by me and all System/XIP's are ported by me. DONT take any of my work without permission. Thanks.

Code:
Version 1.54 FINAL
[-] NetCF non stock
[+] NetCF stock original shipped
[+] Partial Display fixed
Version 1.53 FINAL
[-] NetCF3.5
[+] NetCF
Version 1.52 FINAL
[#] Fixed Internet Sharing
[#] Fixed Loading Icon Bug
[+] PC Connection Icon
[+] Sprint Backup and other useful cabs in My Documents
Much more, can remember
Version 1.0
[+] Windows Mobile CEOS 5.2.21324 Build 21324.5.4.0_CFay
[-] Removed Sprint Bloatware
[+] Optimized modules in Slot 0 to make device run faster
[+] Tweaked Task Manger to show when touching clock on home screen
[+] Added newest version of Myphone
[+] Added various reg edits to improve performance
[+] Added Internet Connection Sharing Hack
[+] Much more

CFay TP2 Port ROM! Check it out!
Changed my name from fayfay392 to CFay!

Last edited by CFay; 10-20-2009 at 03:14 PM. Reason: added pics/sharebee links
This post has been thanked 30 times.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Father of the Treo Pro
Threadstarter

CFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the community
Re: CFay 6.5 Rom! CEOS 5.2.21324 ! Windows Mobile 6.5!

Reserved!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro GSM
Carrier: T-Mobile

cellneuron is a n00b

can you make a GSM version, considering GSM unlocker is around the corner?

thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Father of the Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
can you make a GSM version, considering GSM unlocker is around the corner?

thanks
I dont own a GSM device. Check XDA-developers.
-Cfay
Old 09-15-2009, 02:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

chris5h is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchris5h is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchris5h is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Awesome. Just OOC, what is the difference between this version and the 6.5.1 ROM?

Thanks.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:49 PM
Father of the Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris5h View Post
Awesome. Just OOC, what is the difference between this version and the 6.5.1 ROM?

Thanks.
This uses an older build of WM6.5 that is more like WM 6.1
-CFay
Old 09-15-2009, 02:52 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

no screens?
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:57 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
no screens?
I'll be flashing it in a few mins. Will post some screens and thoughts in 30mins or so.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO/Inspire/TP2/Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint/AT&T

4wheelfurry is keeping up the good work4wheelfurry is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
no screens?
Its going to be your standard Titanium and honeycomb start menu but with the 6.1 style taskbar ie: Start Menu and close buttons at the top left/right...

The main advantage is its ability to accept all apps that ran in 6.1 and IMO seems a bit more stable and faster than the 6.5.1 builds (at least my observation on other phones)

BTW I havent flashed yet, anyone know what the fresh boot mem usages are with this build??
Old 09-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheelfurry View Post
I
BTW I havent flashed yet, anyone know what the fresh boot mem usages are with this build??
nope, but I'll post those when I flash.

yeah, I imagine this version will be a little faster/more stable as 6.5.1 is still basically a "in progress" beta OS--it's fun to peek and play, but might not be ready for prime time.

Gah. Rapidshare is breaking my b*lls with this download. Gonna be 20 mins before I even finish the download part!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro > CDMA Treo Pro Development