PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 01:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[5/6] Persian Blue v2.1 (awesome bluetooth file sending application)

v2.1 out now- see changelog below for more details

Found this over at xda. It is manager for sending files via bluetooth. Really neat app, and on my list of must have, handy apps. You can send a file or folder from its own File Manager, or use the default File Explorer on your device. It will show you percent completed, elapsed and remaining time, and KB completed.

Note: When using Persian Blue's built in file explorer, you have to double click, or select a folder then tap it again, to see its contents.

To send, first select the file(s) you want to send, then press "Send" which is the left soft key. This app will then search for all the visible devices, which then you can select and connect to. Pretty easy stuff, really great app.

Quote:
Hi EveryBody!
As You know there is no Built in Bluetooth Manager which can Show Any Percentage or Remaing Time of Bluetooth Transfering Process... So I deside To solve the problem in my own way...
First version is in Persian Language
Edited: Now it's MultiLanguage:

Features:
1) Manage Your Bluetooth Radio (On - Off - Visible)
2) Send Single File via Bluetooth
3) Send Multi File (Selectable From Any Folder) [Using Its Own File Manager]
4) Send Folder [Using Its Own File Manager]
5) Show ProgressBar (Percentage , Elapsed Time , Remaing Time, Speed All in Kb)
6) Most UseFull Feature : Send File Directly From your File Explorer [this App Adds new Item to Right Click of All Files and Foders in File Explorer named : Send Via Persian Blue... So you Can Send Directly From File Explorer]
7) Send Folder Directly From Your File Explorer (Mentioned Above)
8 It's Cool [Isn't It?]
9) It's Now MultiLanguage [Translate And Share it Plz]
Changes in v2.0
Quote:
10) It's now Can Handle Receive Operations
11) Enable to Choose Where to Save Received Files
12) Show ProgressBar During Receive Operation (Percentage, Elapsed Time, Remiaing Time, Speed)
13) Enable To receive File Even in Suspend Mode
14) Enable To Choose Save File Automatically Or Confirm Before Saving File
15) Enable To Choose Who To Receive Files (windows Mobile Or Persian Blue) [After Applying This You Must Soft Reset Your Device And Kill The Persian Blue RC Handle Process]
16) Show Remote Device Name While Receving File
Changes in v2.1
Quote:
17) Enable To Define Custom rules for saving Received files based on Their Extenstion (New!) [By this option you can define unlimited directory for unlimited file extension. for example you can save received MP3 files to "\Storage Card\Music" and the other Files to "\My Document"]

Note1: If you Define any Invalid Path Or you Remove All Rules Root path of your Device "\" Will be In Default

Note2: .* extension means Any Other File, If you Define a rule by this Extension other files Will Save in this path...

ScreenShots [Latest Version]:

There are qute a few more language packs over in the xda thread, but it cab comes with Persian and English already installed. Although the Language was set to Persian upon the install, all of the writing was still in English. You can still change the language to English through the Settings tab.

To uninstall this app (although I'm not sure why you would), run Persian Blue Goto => Receive Tab Page => Choose WM Will Receive Files => Apply => Uninstall my Software => Soft Reset Your Device

Note: Soft Reset after install.
Attached Files
File Type: cab PersianBlue 2.1.CAB (301.5 KB, 180 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Last edited by GoodGets; 05-06-2009 at 04:22 PM. Reason: new version out
This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:29 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Re: [3/19] Persian Blue v1.0 (awesome bluetooth send application)

let me be the 1st to click/say thanks for this something I been needing forever! keep up with the good finds!

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
let me be the 1st to click/say thanks for this something I been needing forever! keep up with the good finds!
This only works for sending files...but what about receiving them???
WELL I FOUND AT XDA (NO SURE WHERE THOUGH) THE BEST INCOMING BLUETOOTH APP.
GIVES YOU the status of the file being transferred and YOU CAN TELL IT WHERE YOU WANT TO RECEIVE THE FILE (E.G. STORAGE CARD)!! awsome...see below. Dont forget to "thank" if you like it!
(make sure you soft reset- then the settings will be found under Settings->Connections->OBEX Inbox

go here for latests version of obexInbox
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61735
Attached Images
File Type: jpg obexinbox_inaction.jpg (49.1 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab OBEX_inbox.cab (30.4 KB, 43 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by nico4k; 03-20-2009 at 06:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:56 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Thanks. Yeah, I think this is definitely gonna become one of the essentials.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:29 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico4k View Post
GIVES YOU the status of the file being transferred and YOU CAN TELL IT WHERE YOU WANT TO RECEIVE THE FILE (E.G. STORAGE CARD)!! awsome...see below. Dont forget to "thank" if you like it!
EDIT: I gave it it's own thread. The latest version of Obex Inbox can be found here.

YOU FOUND IT here. The second link of a Google search for the name of the cab would have shown you that. Gotta love Google, it even suggested the right thing as I started typing the cab's name. A couple of the custom roms even have this already built in.

Pocketnow also did a write up about this app when it came out last year, which can be found here.

Judging by the file size of the .cab you posted, you posted an out of date cab. The latest version is v.948, which can be found here which is alos the official home of the project. That is a Russian site, so here is the Google translated version. Although hc4 is the author of the app, hc4 wasn't the op of the xda thread, so updated versions are scattered throughout the xda thread. I'd still read through it though if you want to find out more about it as hc4 does answer a lot of questions.

Although Obex Inbox is a nice little companion app, I don't really want this thread to get off topic from Persian Blue. However, if there is enough interest in it as well, I'll add it to the op or give it its own thread.

EDIT: I gave it it's own thread. The latest version of Obex Inbox can be found here.

Last edited by GoodGets; 04-05-2009 at 01:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:21 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Lightbulb Re: [3/19] Persian Blue v1.0 (awesome bluetooth send application)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGets View Post
YOU FOUND IT here. The second link of a Google search for the name of the cab would have shown you that. Gotta love Google, it even suggested the right thing as I started typing the cab's name. A couple of the custom roms even have this already built in.

Pocketnow also did a write up about this app when it came out last year, which can be found here.

Judging by the file size of the .cab you posted, you posted an out of date cab. The latest version is v.948, which can be found here which is alos the official home of the project. That is a Russian site, so here is the Google translated version. Although hc4 is the author of the app, hc4 wasn't the op of the xda thread, so updated versions are scattered throughout the xda thread. I'd still read through it though if you want to find out more about it as hc4 does answer a lot of questions.

Although Obex Inbox is a nice little companion app, I don't really want this thread to get off topic from Persian Blue. However, if there is enough interest in it as well, I'll add it to the op or give it its own thread.
Thanks for the heads up on the other program. Can you get the upated ver of it and send it to me. Send me a PM so we can keep this thread clean with just your program you posted
Old 03-19-2009, 08:24 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up on the other program. Can you get the upated ver of it and send it to me. Send me a PM so we can keep this thread clean with just your program you posted
As I wasn't sure how to attach the cabs in a pm, I thought about just sending you the links. Then I started thinking others may be interested to, and rather than having to send pms to everyone, it'd be easier just to post em. But I didn't want to post em here cause I didn't want this thread to get derailed. Also, I looked through the changelogs of a couple of the custom roms and saw they were using older versions. So, I thought giving it its own thread was the best bet.

As you can see I wrestled with this quite a bit before I decided to make it its own thread, which you can find here. cabs are attached to that post

Edit:
Sorry for that mouthful, lol. Now back to Persian Blue, isn't it great?
Old 03-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

Thumbs up Re: [3/19] Persian Blue v1.0 (awesome bluetooth send application)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico4k View Post

thanks for the heads up bro
Old 03-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Hercules Valvalotus

Its a great app! But when I go to the file explorer I don't see the Option to send via this app?
Old 03-19-2009, 09:47 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Its a great app! But when I go to the file explorer I don't see the Option to send via this app?
Did you soft reset after the install?

Cause it works for me just using the WM default file explorer. Here is a screen shot: (im using fingermenu)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software