PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue GPS issues..

I have have verizon and have my data blocked and I can use gps. here is what I did. Unlocked with CokeMan 2.31 then I went here ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/Vancer/ROMs/ and downloaded the Bell ROM which is radio 3.42.50. didn't let customizations run (soft reset before it ran) then I built my own ROM using BuildOS and followed these directions http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...VerizonAGPSFix
but I used 172.25.8.100 for the sever IP instead of verizons (in the registry and in qpst) I had to add this in my registry
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\SUPL AGPS]
"EnablePDEIPFromNV"=dword:00000001
and I changed the GPSMode to 4. you can use 1-2 or 4 but I found that 4 had a faster lock.
and I changed ServerIP in the registry to the one above I didn't use any cab file to change the registry I found it easier
to go in and change it myself. you can experiment with these setting until you the the desired results

I downloaded and installed lllboredlll_VZW_GPS_Fix_v2 cab and had to go into windows and run ppst.exe and followed the directions. (not sure who to credit for that I couldnt find it again) the I downloaded GPStoggle which is a nice today plugin that you can turn your GPS on or off for the programs that cant prime like Igo8
Attached Files
File Type: cab lllboredlll_VZW_GPS_Fix_v2.CAB (434.5 KB, 49 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab GPSToggle.cab (21.0 KB, 35 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by jtuite; 01-22-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:18 AM
Lurker

W7GMC is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue GPS issues..

I did the leaked Verizon ROM update.

I used the HTC Quick GPS application which downloads 7 days of ephemeris data (Where the sats are suppose to be...which enables quick 15 second start ups!).

I've had great results with the built in GPS on the vx6900. I've actually used an app called GPS Today (which is a great free app). Importing the collected data to Garmin mapping, indicates I'm nearly dead on (within 20-30 feet). NOT BAD for such a small gps antenna. I get my fixes with and without cellphone towers, as I travel some remote areas it Montana and still the gps knows were I'm at!!! I love it! YOu have to install the HTC Quick GPS app to ensure you get a rapid fix. Without fail, I always get a fix in 15 seconds and thats Indoors, No Kidding!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue