PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Veveo vTap Update

Has anyone tried the new vTap update yet?
I got a notification last time I ran vTap and downloaded the cab. It's also at :
www.m.vtap.com/index.htm
But my old version works great just like it has for the past year. Hours of fun and info. So since it's not broken, I don't want to be first on my block to run a fix. There does not seem to be any version data on the vTap or Veveo sites.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Veveo vTap Update

Greetings. I ran the update last night, and i really like it. My pervious version was 143, and this newer one is 178 (or 175). The interface is much improved, but i haven't messed around with it too much. Bottom line for me, is i'm really liking what i see so far. Do the update WanderingMinstrel
dschoenike
Forgot to mention a new feature is that it gives you a screenshot of the video like youtube does. Nice.

Last edited by dschoenike; 01-01-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:52 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingMinstrel View Post
Has anyone tried the new vTap update yet?
I got a notification last time I ran vTap and downloaded the cab. It's also at :
www.m.vtap.com/index.htm
But my old version works great just like it has for the past year. Hours of fun and info. So since it's not broken, I don't want to be first on my block to run a fix. There does not seem to be any version data on the vTap or Veveo sites.
im using ie and your link is dead.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Give him the KICK!!!

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Here's the cab file for the new vtap build.
Attached Files
File Type: zip vTap_ppc.zip (797.3 KB, 75 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:23 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
Here's the cab file for the new vtap build.
thankyou sir. when i goto the thumbs and try to watch, i get nothing. am i missing something?

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 01-01-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Give him the KICK!!!

Your welcome. So when you click the picture, or the particular selection, it doesn't then bring you up options to play, save, send or anything? Hmmm, that's weird. I'm using a mogul, so i can't confirm it's ability to work on a touch pro or diamond. It should though, i would think. Ill search around for some answers on this.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:16 PM
acs tester

i get the play option, it just dont play. lol if i goto website, they play.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

bast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I installed it a few days ago and it gave me a lot of trouble. The previous version has never really had any problems. The new version does have some nice features, like thumbnails, I had issues with the sound often not working at all. I could play on clip, and audio was fine, play a second, no sound, go back to the first to verify, no sound. Usually exiting and restarting the app would work for another clip or two, but sometimes it would cause ALL of the phone's sound to stop working completely, necessitating a soft reset.

After a couple days I removed it and went back to the previous version.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Give him the KICK!!!

Try going to the options section, and mess around with some of the settings (if u haven't tried that already) I think i remember having the same issue you're having, when i first installed vtap. Tools/options/media/video mode i have mine set to gdi. maybe it's different for the TP.?
Old 01-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 8125

tvishy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bast525 View Post
I installed it a few days ago and it gave me a lot of trouble. The previous version has never really had any problems. The new version does have some nice features, like thumbnails, I had issues with the sound often not working at all. I could play on clip, and audio was fine, play a second, no sound, go back to the first to verify, no sound. Usually exiting and restarting the app would work for another clip or two, but sometimes it would cause ALL of the phone's sound to stop working completely, necessitating a soft reset.

After a couple days I removed it and went back to the previous version.
Hi, I work for veveo that provide this service. Sorry that you are having troube with the new version. we noticed that some users had trouble unprading to the new version. Please try the following steps to install the new version, that might work for you.
1. Un-install the current version.
2. soft reset the phone.
3. Install the new version by going to m.vtap.com.

Let me know if it helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software