PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2008, 11:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

erict7862 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touchflo 2D AKA TF2D(Manila)

Has anyone else tried touchflo 2D(Manila) on the treo 800w? I tried it and got it to work for the most part. From this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=182

What I had problems with was the phone button not working. I was able to fix this with a dialer skin, but it showed a regular black dialer. Also the phone would not ring for phone calls. I checked everything and it was set right, but no sound and vibration. The last thing I had problems with was the text messages not showing in the messaging section of the touchflo. I have been trying to get this to work fully for a while now with a lot of hard resets and no results. Does anyone know a solution or different install method that works correctly on the treo 800w? Thanks in advance.

P.S. When i tried this it didn't work at first, until I installed the non-htc patch from this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...highlight=tf2d I also tried this install from scratch and I was able to make it 320x320, but it had the same results.

Update: I did another hard reset and I was able to make just about everything work, I switch out opera for firefox. I will post some screenshots in a few. The only problem I am having is with youtube and HTC album. I realize the HTC youtube will be harder to get to work, but I am trying to edit the xml file and bmp files to match the 320x320 resoluiton like in this thread http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=...f=342&t=274336 I'll post the results.

Last edited by erict7862; 11-13-2008 at 09:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 800W
Carrier: sprint

quietkvj is a n00b
Re: Touchflo 2D AKA TF2D(Manila)

Hi,

just wanted to let you know that someone else is out here with a treo 800w. i'm going to install everything and I will let you know how it works for me a little later.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 800W
Carrier: sprint

quietkvj is a n00b

Well. I encountered the same problems that you did. My messages dont show in the message section. The internet browser would not take you to the browser, but i copied the operaL file into the windows folder and that solved that problem.
I cant play videos that i recorded with the camera in windows media player anymore.
My phone does not ring either. When you switch the top button to vibrate. it will vibrate to let you know that is is on vibrate, but it will not vibrate or ring when someone calls. The strange thing is that my brother installed the program on his 800w and he does not have this problem. I am going to uninstall and then reinstall to try solve it. If you have solved the ringer issue, please let me know.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

erict7862 is a n00b

Update: I was able to get the phone to ring by switching the vibrate off and back on while a call was coming in. it's weird, but it worked. There are three things I want to still do. 1: put a custom theme. They are all made for 240 and when I edit the files and copy them to the windows dir it stays on loading touchflo. 2: Get text messages to work in the touchflo. I think this is a problem with palm sms. I've been looking for a way to remove it and put in WM 6.1 and 3: Edit the HTC Album XML file to do 320x320 or 320x268.

Here is a screen shot of my today screen and Dialer.

If any one can think of any solutions, please let me know.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:47 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

I had this installed for a while but gave up on it because it just annoyed me without a flush screen. I was having all the same problems you guys are describing.
Have you tried hannip's Poutlook Sms fix? I've got installed on my 800w (no TF2D installed) and it allows me to use the normal WM6.1 to manage texts. Maybe that'll fix it. http://discussion.wmexperts.com/showthread.php?t=168468
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

erict7862 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
I had this installed for a while but gave up on it because it just annoyed me without a flush screen. I was having all the same problems you guys are describing.

Have you tried hannip's Poutlook Sms fix? I've got installed on my 800w (no TF2D installed) and it allows me to use the normal WM6.1 to manage texts. Maybe that'll fix it. http://discussion.wmexperts.com/showthread.php?t=168468
That worked perfectly thanks. To get the videos to work all I had to do was uninstall the youtube fix.

Last edited by erict7862; 11-14-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:03 PM
I love root

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict7862 View Post
Here is a screen shot of my today screen and Dialer.

If any one can think of any solutions, please let me know.
Is that dialer the default or is that skinned? When I had this installed I couldn't get the dialer to come up and never thought to try installing a dialer skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict7862 View Post
That work perfectly thanks. To get the videos to work all I had to do was uninstall the youtube fix.
Awesome. Looks like some progress is really being made. I may give this another chance. I've had my current config for about a week now and I think its time for a change
Old 11-14-2008, 08:14 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

erict7862 is a n00b

I installed a dialer, but it was supposed to have a carbon fiber theme. I don't know why it came out like this, but I was glad it came up at all.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

erict7862 is a n00b

Here is what my phone looks like right now after a lil tweaking.

The third screenshot is me sliding to people.
The only thing I have left now is getting the HTC Albume to view in 320.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:56 AM
I love root

looks pretty slick man! keep up the good work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w