PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2006, 10:19 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How To: Remove factory programs (2 methods)

Hard Reset Method

1. Download Total Commander available HERE.

2. Do a hard reset on the phone. Once you get through with the device setup (time zone, password, etc.) The device will start to come up. You will get the message 3 secs to software install. As soon as you see this message, press the soft reset key again.

3. Either install Total Commander to the PPC via activsync or with the .cab on ur minisd card.

4. Open Total Commander and in the path box type in /extended_rom

5. You will see a list of .cabs. Go through and install the ones listed below.

Necessary Note: not all of these maybe needed, just recommended.

CAB:\Extended_ROM\PPST_FILE_SPCS_1_19_003_with_PRL 20224.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\RTPlugin_CDMA.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\Cert_SPCS.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\Cert_SPCS.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\IOTA.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\Customize_SPCS.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\ButtonLock.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\Enable_RingTone.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PhoneSetting_HelpFile.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PowerICON.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\HiddenDurationPage.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PP_IOTA_v1_10_Apache_206300.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PP_ErrCodeForSPCS_Apache_206300.sa.C AB
CAB:\Extended_ROM\PT_RemoveHTCBatteryICON_Apache_2 06300.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PP_Version_Apac_206303.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PP_HTC_CM_Guardian_Apache_206300.sa. CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PP_LockUp_Apac_212705.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PT_Ril_Apac_206301.sa.CAB

6. Your done! If you have any probelms with apps not working, just start reinstalling those .cabs. And if you want to go back to default, just hard reset.

No Hard Reset Required Method

List of .cabs

1.Action Engine Action Info Fetch.CAB
2.Audible, Inc. AudiblePlayer
3.WTLAudiblePlayerPocketPC.arm.CAB
4.AudibleSample.sa.CAB
5.Good Technology GetGood GetGL.CAB
6.PocketX Sprint Software Store
7.sprint_software_store.CAB
8.Sprint Get Biz Conn
9.Getmail.ppc2003.ARMV4Rel.sprint.CAB

Sprint installed an application to prevent you from uninstalling their pre-installed applications. There are three methods for removing them.

1)Download and install http://ppcgeeks.com/viewtopic,t,31.html
2)Open Total Commander, in the address bar type: /extended_rom/
re-run all the CABs listed above. Do not run the remove_uninstaller cab.
3)Go to Remove Programs in Settings and all the uninstallers will be there.
You can then run the uninstallers as the developers of the "spam" intended.

This can be done at any time, you never need to hard reset to do this...

Edit: After removing the programs from settings/remove programs, you will need to remove all sub folders, for the removed programs, manually.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch pro

wingzero is a n00b
Thanks for sharing. This sure will reclaim some of the storage space. \/
Old 07-28-2006, 11:13 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bunnytrigger Send a message via MSN to bunnytrigger Send a message via Yahoo to bunnytrigger Send a message via Skype™ to bunnytrigger
kwel, let me do so rigth now ....well, as soon as i disconnect the ppc from the lappy

haven't you heard? corporations are the new government. They're constitutionally-exempt.

92% of teens have moved onto WoW. if you are part of the 8% that still play REAL games, copy n paste

Old 07-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Big D5 did u try this, cuz even tho I installed and uninstalled. it didn't remove them. so I think u have to hard reset, then reset before it installs the cabs, then install the ones u need leaving off the ones that are "junk". But I didn't want to hard reset, so after using ur method, I went through and completely went through and removed the folders for those programs. And with the help of memmaids charting feature, I moved a few files from my documents to the storage card....and vou la I have 22mb in both storage and programs. When before I had like 16-18 in both!
~mike

Old 07-28-2006, 12:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

wingzero is a n00b
Ok a quick question. Do you have to reinstall all the listed .cab or just a few selected one and then do the uninstall? I just reinstalled just one .cab and I don't see it under 'remove programs'. Or may be I need to do a soft reset for it to show up.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:36 PM
Founder & Owner

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
nall a soft reset won't do it. the listed .cabs in the first post are ones u DON'T need. if u install it, u should see it in the uninstall area, but if u don't try install again, and then if u still don get the option, see what happens when u install to the card, instead of main memory. I just browsed to the folders and deleted, cuz thi method didn't work for me, but with all the software I install, I do sometimes run into errors uninstalling, but that comes from some badly programmed programs or ones not compatible, that I myself installed. hope this makes sense.
~mike
Old 07-28-2006, 01:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

wingzero is a n00b
The .cab that I reinstalled is 'audibleSample.sa.cab. Now I can't find it and this dame this is over 4mb. Anybody had any idea what folder it might be under?
Old 07-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Founder & Owner

oh yea that's the one that wouldn't uninstall for me, so I went to the programs folder and deleted the whole durn folder! which will delete those samples and save a good bit
Old 07-28-2006, 01:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

wingzero is a n00b
Thanks.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:24 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I think the sample cab is part of audible player and you need to load audible first. Best just to go ahead and do the hole think all thou its not necessary. I have done this and I saw a jump in storage and program memory. The hole point of this is that you don't need to hard reset to clear the majority of this out of your PPC however the cab files will still be present it the extended ROM. Hope this helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache