PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2011, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 wm6.5 & HTC EVO 4G w/ Synergy RSL1 Rom
Carrier: Sprint

scoot0073 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Got Full Root what to do next

finally got full Root usein this method

[ROOT] EVO 4G Gingerbread 2.3 Root Tutorial - xda-developers

so now i can uninstall all tha Sprint Apps ?

can i delete tha su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip from my SD Card ?

do i need to make a Recovery at this point ?

i have to say this was very stressfull.. i bricked my 1st EVO 11 hrs old and got this 1 and was super nervus..

Last edited by scoot0073; 09-17-2011 at 02:06 PM. Reason: forgot to thank a user for helping me
Old 09-17-2011, 02:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Got Full Root what to do next

@ KIOWA69 thanks for yr help n guidiance Homie
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Aloupha is keeping up the good workAloupha is keeping up the good work

Yes, you can delete that because you no longer need it. What you need to do now is find a rom that you like and just flash it. (Giving your phone history, I assume you're familiar with roms).
Old 09-17-2011, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

With winmo yes but dis first time wit Android..
I d/l Rom manger from market but im tryin to find a topic how to flash a Rom?

And do i need to make a recovery b/4 i flash a custom Rom or just flash a custom Rom then make a recovery? Thanks 4 da help Homies

Sent from my PC36100 on the PPCGeeks App
Old 09-18-2011, 11:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint EVO

donnatn is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to donnatn

Can you use the free hotspot with root? I really don't want another ROM. also if you root, will you still get the updates? Can you go back to an unrooted state if you want?
Old 09-19-2011, 12:23 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot0073 View Post
@ KIOWA69 thanks for yr help n guidiance Homie
You're welcome bro, always good to pass along knowledge and links that others have shown me and always good to see another person root their phone and be free from the bloatware and experience the potential that our phones have.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:42 AM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
With winmo yes but dis first time wit Android..
I d/l Rom manger from market but im tryin to find a topic how to flash a Rom?

And do i need to make a recovery b/4 i flash a custom Rom or just flash a custom Rom then make a recovery? Thanks 4 da help Homies

Sent from my PC36100 on the PPCGeeks App
Glad to see that your venturing into the ROM flashing world, it's a little scary the first few times but before you know it you'll be a flashaholic lol.

Ok now that you downloaded rom manager you can open that program and then scroll to the bottom and pick flash alternative recover to RA Recovery 2.3 as it's a better recovery to use and less problems flashing ROMs.

Now download your ROM of choice and get that bad boy on your SD Card and put it wherever you want as you can navigate to it once you reboot your phone into recovery to flash it, personally I just make a folder on my SD card named custom ROM's and store them their.

Before you get that far you need to do a nandroid of your stock ROM in case you ever have issues and want to go back or need your wimax keys.

Download the ROM you want, put it on your SD card, reboot phone into recovery and then go to back-up/restore and do a nandroid, then volume down to nandroid backup and let it run, once that is done you can scroll to return and then hit the power button to start your ROM flash. Scroll down to wipe and then to wipe ALL userdata/factory reset and do that 2 or 3 times, then do the same for cache and dalvik cache, once those are done return back one level and go to flash zip from sdcard and then navigate to the ROM you downloaded and then flash away, always make sure that you read the ROM thread to to know if there are any issues with the ROM and if their are what fixes if any are available, personally I read the ROM information that's in the first couple of posts and then I'll read the last 5 or so pages to know what issues/fixes are available and if anyone's having any issues installing the ROM, stuff like that.

Sorry for the long post but hope it provides some useful information to you, if you have any other questions feel free to pm me, good luck!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:52 AM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnatn View Post
Can you use the free hotspot with root? I really don't want another ROM. also if you root, will you still get the updates? Can you go back to an unrooted state if you want?
I'm not familiar with that program but I'm assuming you are talking about a program that's in the market. You should be able to root the phone and install that program without any issues. Why you wouldn't want another rom is beyond me, if anything they have custom stock roms that takes out all the sprint bloatware and adds in a few programs and the phone runs better. Any updates that sprint comes out with a Dev will incorporate into their custom rom. The only way that I'm aware of to go back to being unrooted is to restore your nandroid or flash an RUU file via your computer, the link below is to a thread that has a link to a site with the stock roms on it.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2143700-post161.html
Old 09-19-2011, 12:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok.. thanks for all that knowledge.. i installed Rom Manger from Market..then did a backn-up with it..im assuming thats what u r refering too... I d/l Titanium Back up pro and installed it and removed all the Sprint app's Tv/Zone/Football/Nascar with it.. and a Game and Kindel app thats it.. yea i been looking for a Rom tha last 2 days but not sure which 1 to go with im not sure if i need Sence 2 something or tha new Sence 3 something that some of tha Dav's r useing.. the Rom Manger wl allow me to flash from it .. is that ok or do i need to do it like u mentioned ? Thanks Homie..

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2011, 06:55 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Ok.. thanks for all that knowledge.. i installed Rom Manger from Market..then did a backn-up with it..im assuming thats what u r refering too... I d/l Titanium Back up pro and installed it and removed all the Sprint app's Tv/Zone/Football/Nascar with it.. and a Game and Kindel app thats it.. yea i been looking for a Rom tha last 2 days but not sure which 1 to go with im not sure if i need Sence 2 something or tha new Sence 3 something that some of tha Dav's r useing.. the Rom Manger wl allow me to flash from it .. is that ok or do i need to do it like u mentioned ? Thanks Homie..

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
I would still switch from within ROM Manager to RA as people have issues with Clockworkmod recovery more than RA Recovery, but if you want to use Clockworkmod then have at it. Yeah Titanium is a good program to back-up your programs and their data, I wouldn't use it to back-up anything else. Well it's personal choice on which rom you run, I personally run Synergy which is a Sense 2.0 and hints of 3.0, great rom that's very stable for me, I have also used a rom called R3charged by a Dev called Evolvedrom and it's a Sense 3.0 rom but it's not as stable as at 2.0 or 2.0 with hints of 3.0 in it. Below is a link to a thread that has links to a lot of great roms.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-htc-e...ml#post1808071

Like I said before I suggest looking at the different roms and see what you like and read up on what it has installed in it and what issues if any it has.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G