View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 12:42 AM
KIOWA69
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Got Full Root what to do next

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot0073 View Post
With winmo yes but dis first time wit Android..
I d/l Rom manger from market but im tryin to find a topic how to flash a Rom?

And do i need to make a recovery b/4 i flash a custom Rom or just flash a custom Rom then make a recovery? Thanks 4 da help Homies

Sent from my PC36100 on the PPCGeeks App
Glad to see that your venturing into the ROM flashing world, it's a little scary the first few times but before you know it you'll be a flashaholic lol.

Ok now that you downloaded rom manager you can open that program and then scroll to the bottom and pick flash alternative recover to RA Recovery 2.3 as it's a better recovery to use and less problems flashing ROMs.

Now download your ROM of choice and get that bad boy on your SD Card and put it wherever you want as you can navigate to it once you reboot your phone into recovery to flash it, personally I just make a folder on my SD card named custom ROM's and store them their.

Before you get that far you need to do a nandroid of your stock ROM in case you ever have issues and want to go back or need your wimax keys.

Download the ROM you want, put it on your SD card, reboot phone into recovery and then go to back-up/restore and do a nandroid, then volume down to nandroid backup and let it run, once that is done you can scroll to return and then hit the power button to start your ROM flash. Scroll down to wipe and then to wipe ALL userdata/factory reset and do that 2 or 3 times, then do the same for cache and dalvik cache, once those are done return back one level and go to flash zip from sdcard and then navigate to the ROM you downloaded and then flash away, always make sure that you read the ROM thread to to know if there are any issues with the ROM and if their are what fixes if any are available, personally I read the ROM information that's in the first couple of posts and then I'll read the last 5 or so pages to know what issues/fixes are available and if anyone's having any issues installing the ROM, stuff like that.

Sorry for the long post but hope it provides some useful information to you, if you have any other questions feel free to pm me, good luck!